2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

The goon with a goal! 4-1 Mansucko over OSU.

In all seriousness Kolstad with a great backhand to make it 4-1...

Now gone final...4-1. Not good for OSU.

Wisconsin has extended their lead to 4-0 over UMD.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-09-2018, 08:14 PM.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

UVM 1 - UConn 0 in front of 1,876 at Pack the Gut. Sydney Scobee with 41 saves!!
      https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

I wish Ohio State would make up their mind and decide whether they're good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
          I wish Ohio State would make up their mind and decide whether they're good or not.
          Probably the same could be asked of Minnesota as well...
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            Seems like OSU struggle on big ice surfaces against small goalies!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Every single ****ING time I go to one of these ****ING games we ****ING lose what the ****
              The solution is simple.

Stop going to those games and your team will win.

What?...your numbers didn't tell you that?

If not, I'd be thinking about cashing in those numbers.

Comment

Wow. What a night! #1 goes down...#3 - lays an egg...#5 - dusted...
                Top 10 tonight: 3-2-1
                In the words of the immortal, Vince Lombardi...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0TYIO6yv4

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
                  Wow. What a night! #1 goes down...#3 - lays an egg...#5 - dusted...
                  Top 10 tonight: 3-2-1
                  In the words of the immortal, Vince Lombardi...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0TYIO6yv4
                  As for #1.

Spent the last 2 weekends watching a Clarkson team lose to a Princeton team, last night it was the womans turn. Breakdown of the game.

First Period

Neither team did squat. Prinny rang one off the cross bar but other than that it was pretty lackluster. Neatby with a couple of nice glove saves.

2nd period

Much faster end to end action. Giguere range one off the crossbar for CCT but that was about the closest to scoring that Clarkson came all knight. Princeton scores when our first line and one of the d get caught pinching down low. We take a shot that misses the net rattles out around the glass and Princeton goes in on a 2 on 1. Beautiful cross ice pass to Bullock and she cuts across the crease and buries it past Tiley. Tiley did stopped one breakaway in the period.

3rd period

Top line is on the ice again when they get caught running around. Bullock takes a shot from the top of the left faceoff circle thru a screen and its 2-0. I don't think Tiley ever saw it. Tiley stopped another breakaway in this period. Neatby got the shutout but quite frankly every time a puck hit her glove in the second and third period it bounced out like a hot potato or it hit her in the body or pads and she left a rebound Unfortunately Clarkson had no one within 10 feet of her on these occasions.

The other issue that Clarkson has right now is faceoffs. They only won 9 out of 42 faceoffs. This has been a recurring issue in the last few games.

So the win streak is history. Time to start a new one today at Quinny, not a given the way the team played last night. Tied with Colgate for first but have the tiebreaker as long as Cornell and SLU hang on to 3rd and 4th.
                  Last edited by vicb; 02-10-2018, 08:30 AM.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    As for #1.

Tied with Colgate for first but have the tiebreaker as long as Cornell and SLU hang on to 3rd and 4th.
                    Can you explain what you mean ? Cornell and SLU represent Clarkson's Top 4 Wins ?

But the formula is:

The tiebreakers in order are: 1. head-to-head record (a wash), 2. wins (a wash if Colgate runs table and Clarkson only loses one-- leaves the two tied. But, I'm assuming a Clarkson tie and Colgate running the table leaves 'Gate with a better W-L ?), and then 3. comparison of results against top four teams, which Clarkson owns. For Colgate to pass Clarkson and win the regular season, Clarkson needs to lose twice. I think a Clarkson tie of one of their 3 remaining games and 'Gate running the table would give it to Gate ( Clarkson @ Q'pac today ? )

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Probably the same could be asked of Minnesota as well...
                      Ohio State definitely has higher highs. Neither has a shortage of lows.

If Clarkson and Colgate win out, Clarkson may own the #1 seed, but I'd think that Colgate would be pretty happy with being co-champions of the ECAC.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        If Clarkson and Colgate win out, Clarkson may own the #1 seed, but I'd think that Colgate would be pretty happy with being co-champions of the ECAC.
                        You are correct about Colgate being comfortable with the co-championship.

But, home ice within the new 38 mill Class of '65 Arena would be a huge advantage for 'Gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                          But, home ice within the new 38 mill Class of '65 Arena would be a huge advantage for 'Gate.
                          Sure. They are undefeated in Potsdam this year, so there's that.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                            Can you explain what you mean ? Cornell and SLU represent Clarkson's Top 4 Wins ?

But the formula is:

The tiebreakers in order are: 1. head-to-head record (a wash), 2. wins (a wash if Colgate runs table and Clarkson only loses one-- leaves the two tied. But, I'm assuming a Clarkson tie and Colgate running the table leaves 'Gate with a better W-L ?), and then 3. comparison of results against top four teams, which Clarkson owns. For Colgate to pass Clarkson and win the regular season, Clarkson needs to lose twice. I think a Clarkson tie of one of their 3 remaining games and 'Gate running the table would give it to Gate ( Clarkson @ Q'pac today ? )
                            As long as the top 4 are CCT, Colgate, Cornell and SLU then Clarkson gets the#1 seed if tied with Colgate in points at the end of the season.
                            Now, Quinny is the only other team that can possibly sneak into 3rd or 4th. If that happens then todays Clarkson-Quinny Game is the deciding factor again IF CCT and Colgate are tied in Pts at the end of the regular season.

Clarkson loses to Quinny (50/50 chance of this happening) / and beats Dart and Harv while Colgate loses one of their 3 remaining games (HIGHLY UNLIKELY BUT THIS IS THE ECAC)
                            Colgate is the #1 seed: Colgate has 8 pts (2 CCT, 4 Quinny and 2 SLU or Cornell) while CCT has 6 Pts (2 Colg, 4 SLU or Cornell, 0 Quinny)

Clarkson Ties Quinny (75% chance of this happening) / and beats Dart and Harv while Colgate ties one of their 3 remaining games (UNLIKELY) and wins the other 2 (A LOCK)
                            Colgate is the #1 Seed; Colgate has 8 Pts (2 CCT, 4 Quinny and 2 SLU or Cornell) while CCT has 7 Pts (2 Colg, 4 SLU or Corn, 1 Quinny)

Clarkson Beats Quinny (I can only hope) / and beats Dart and Harv while Colgate wins their 3 remaining games (99% sure of this)
                            Colgate has 8 Pts (2 CCT, 4 Quinny and 2 SLU or Cornell) while CCT has 8 Pts (2 Colg, 4 SLU or Corn, 2 Quinny)
                            Use the Top 8 Tiebreaker
                            CCT Losses are to Quinny, Prinny and Gate while Gates Losses are to CCT, SLU and Cornell so this is a tie as of today.
                            Prinny right now is the only one that could drop out of the top 8 (unlikely but before todays games). If Prinny drops out then Clarkson wins the #1 seed since they have 2 losses to teams in the top 8 vs 3 losses for Gate in the top 8.
                            If Prinny remains in the top 8 then we go to the next tie breaker Goal Differential head to head. Clarkson wins the #1 seed since they won 5-3 and lost 3-4 --> 8 Goals for CCT vs 7 Goals for Gate.

I think I have all the scenarios outlined.
                            Last edited by vicb; 02-10-2018, 01:40 PM.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              I think I have all the scenarios outlined.
                              Thanks. Who'da thunk WIH could be so complicated ?

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Ohio State definitely has higher highs. Neither has a shortage of lows.
                                In terms of results, Minnesota has actually been very consistent. They're just not as good as we're used to. Against the two teams above them in the WCHA standings, they're 0-5-1. Against the four teams below them, they're 14-1-2.

Ohio State, on the other hand, is 2-2 against Wisconsin, 3-0-1 against Minnesota, and 8-3-3 against the rest of the conference. Meanwhile, they're 5-1 against the top two teams in the CHA and 1-1 against the 5th place team.

Comment

Working...
                                X