2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

I guess Candice and Nicole decided it was too hard to pick the scores of the finals today or am I missing the update on the USCHO site?
    They were spot on on the Clarkson SLU game
    Candice had Wisconsin Bemidji score correct also and Nicole was only off by one goal.
    Candice was also only off by 1 goal on the NE - Maine game.
    Last edited by vicb; 03-04-2018, 12:15 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
      I guess Candice and Nicole decided it was too hard to pick the scores of the finals today or am I missing the update on the USCHO site?
      They were spot on on the Clarkson SLU game
      Candice had Wisconsin Bemidji score correct also and Nicole was only off by one goal.
      Candice was also only off by 1 goal on the NE - Maine game.
      Guess we can do our own picks. I’ll take Clarkson 4-3 over Colgate, Wisconsin 3-0 over Minnesota and Northeastern 3-2 over UConn.

I’m told Northeastern has never won the Hockey East tournament before. Not to discredit UConn, but this might be the easiest (bad word, I know it’s not easy) final Northeastern could have asked for, given the talents that have gravitated to BC and BU over the past ten years. They need to get get it done today!

Comment

Clarkson and Colgate is on ESPN3 if anyone is looking for streaming video - it's between the second and third period as I write this:

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3303836

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
          They already did this once, with the weak rationalization for sending Northeastern to BC two years ago.
          I know it that's why I bring it up -- but then they didn't last year when they could have sent SLU to Clarkson so who knows.

I'm pretty tired of the smoke filled room aspect of all this. If they aren't going to give us true bracket integrity, just put the actual criteria in the handbook and be done with it.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Congratulations to Northeastern Women's Hockey on their Hockey East Championship. 2-1 final.

Also congrats to UConn on a hard fought gm, ground it out right until the end . G'luck to NU & BC in the NCAAs.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Mariani scores for Clarkson they lead 3-0 with 12 min to go in the game.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Minnesota up 2-1. If it holds which team between Cornell and Ohio gets the last at large selection?

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                  Minnesota up 2-1. If it holds which team between Cornell and Ohio gets the last at large selection?
                  Ohio State will have the pairwise edge no matter what happens today. It's basically between Minnesota and Cornell for the last spot in the tournament.

Comment

Clarkson is your ECAC Tournament Champion with a 3-0 win.

Cornell is a huge Badger fan right now.
                    Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                    10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                    5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                    21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                    ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                    ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                    7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                    National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                      Clarkson is your ECAC Tournament Champion with a 3-0 win.

Too bad the BADgers can't score goals in key playoff games.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                        Fortunately for Cornell, Wisconsin will be advancing to the NCAA tournament. More chances to cheer for your new favorite team!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                          Saw this and had to look it up - what a terrible and embarrassing hire this guy was. Early line on coaches who are going to lose their jobs at the end of the season has Kenneally from Brown as my leading candidate. Brown has primarily become a program where passable playing, well-educated kids from prep schools go for a good education and endure the hockey experience. He may be a nice, quality person (I don't know), but he sure as heck has no place as a D1 coach.

Kenneally's stats:

- 17-18 - 0-6 to date - with two 11 goals against games - and we're past the excuse that he is coaching the previous coaches players.
                          - 16-17 - 7-22 - on the surface doesn't look bad until you realize it include 2 wins against Sacred Heart, 2 wins against Union, and 2 meaningless wins the last weekend of the season against teams out of the playoffs
                          - 15-16 - 3-23-3 - Also includes a win against Sacred Heard and a win against Union

By comparison, Bourbeau's (previous coaches) stats:

- 14-15 - 5-23-1 - no really soft wins
                          - 13-14 - 4-20-5
                          - 12/13 - 6-20-1
                          - 11/12 - 8-16-7

NOT GETTING BETTER!!!
                          Mark Divver Providence Journal spirts editor reported Thursday that Brown has announced Kenneally will not return next year.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            Mark Divver Providence Journal spirts editor reported Thursday that Brown has announced Kenneally will not return next year.
                            About time. Let's hope that Brown can get their s**t together and do a proper coach search and selection this time. History (not just Kenneally) suggests that is not the case but we'll see how they do. Candidly, Brown seems to care less and less about athletics, especially the big college ones they play (football, M/W hockey, M/W basketball, baseball). They have some success at secondary sports like crew, lacrosse, field hockey.

Comment

Working...
                            X