Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Santana with a nice 57 pitch, 5 inning day. Looks like he's set for Tuesday.

Hildenberger comes in and let's the team know he won't be needed in the playoffs...
    Just pulled up a live box score.
    Seems the Twins' fortunes changed after the fifth ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Giancarlo Stanton - 59 homers.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Giancarlo Stanton - 59 homers.
        Is it me, or does he just remind you of Griffey Jr, with that "sweet swing." IIRC, he's not that big a guy, is he?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Stanton's not little.

*looks him up*

6-6, 245. Yeah, he's not a small guy.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Stanton's not little.

*looks him up*

6-6, 245. Yeah, he's not a small guy.
            Ok, he's a bit larger than I though. I thought he was around 6'2" 220, maybe 210. My bad. Note, that's still large, but not like Judge or anyone.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Nobody's as big as Judge. Maybe the only other hitter bigger than Stanton might be Miggy.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Nobody's as big as Judge. Maybe the only other hitter bigger than Stanton might be Miggy.
                Gotcha. Thank you.

Comment

Miggy and Sano are the same height, but Sano is 260 and Miggy is 240. Judge has three inches on both and is 282.

Bottom line is Judge is a monster, and Sano is effing dense
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Miggy and Sano are the same height, but Sano is 260 and Miggy is 240. Judge has three inches on both and is 282.
                    Played softball for a few years with a guy that is Judge's size. When you can HEAR the bat swing from the on-deck circle.......

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Played softball for a few years with a guy that is Judge's size. When you can HEAR the bat swing from the on-deck circle.......
                      One of my favorite heard ex temp lines. I was in a beer league game and hit a slow roller down the 1b line and the 1b was a guy roughly as enormous as he. The pitcher came across and flipped the ball from behind me and got me by a step because the 1b was at full extension. The ump was behind him straddling the line and called me safe. The next hitter struck out so as I was jogging out to my position I asked the ump, "so, you couldn't see the ball, could you?" The ump looked right at me and said, "son, I couldn't even see you."
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Why does it take 30 minutes to get into a twins game when it took 8 minutes to get into the US F1 Grand Prix with 250,000 other peopl?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Why does it take 30 minutes to get into a twins game when it took 8 minutes to get into the US F1 Grand Prix with 250,000 other peopl?
                          Bats.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Twins Tigers. 3.2 innings. 1.75 hours.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

10:04 PM. 7th inning stretch.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                10:04 PM. 7th inning stretch.
                                Jesus, that thing is headed towards 4.5 hours.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X