Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Gardner battles for a 13 pitch at bat in the 9th with 2 outs, singles to right to plate 1, Indians bobble the ball on the throw in, another run scores.

5-2 headed to last licks for the Indians.

Comment

Reverse sweep. Spread the news.

Yanks and Astros ALCS begins Friday.

Comment

Stoopid Cleveland.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

The Indians, the best defensive team this season, had 9 errors in a 5 game series. 7 errors in games 4-5.

Chokeland.

Comment

There's a red moon rising, on the Cuyahoga River...
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              There's a red moon rising, on the Cuyahoga River...

Full videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmL...iO-esR3KrM9ZXB
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Cleveland has now lost 6 straight close out games.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

As much as I am enjoying the Yankees moving on, the fact is that the Cleveland Indians are a choke franchise. Now with baseball's longest current championship drought. I found this interesting tidbit.

To elaborate, here is Cleveland in close-out games over the last 20 years since the World Series
                  1997 (0-1): lost Game 7 of the World Series after being up 2-0 in the 7th and 2-1 in the 9th
                  1998 (1-0): beat Boston in Game 4 of ALDS
                  1999 (0-3): lost 3 straight to Boston after being ahead 2-0 to lose the ALDS
                  2001 (0-2): lost 2 straight to Seattle after being ahead 2-1 to lose the ALDS
                  2007 (1-4): lost Game 3, won Game 4 to close out the Yankees in the ALDS; lost 3 straight to Boston after being ahead 3-1 to lose the ALCS
                  2013 (0-1): lost WC game to the Rays
                  2016 (2-4): swept Boston in ALDS; lost Game 4, won Game 5 to close out Toronto in the ALDS; lost 3 straight to Chicago after being ahead 3-1 to lose the World Series
                  2017 (0-3): lost 3 straight to the Yankees after being ahead 2-0 to lose the ALDS

That’s 4-16 overall.
                  That’s 0-7 in winner-take-all games.
                  That’s 4 times having lost 3 in a row to lose a playoff series after being 2 games ahead.

Choke franchise.
                  Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                  —H. L. Mencken

Comment

I don't think you can blame Cleveland. I think you have to blame Francona. He sold his soul to the devil to come back from the 0-3 deficit to the Yankees in 2004, breaking the curse of the Bambino. But the price is a lifetime of blowing big series leads in the post-season.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      to come back from the 0-3 deficit to the Yankees in 2004, breaking the curse of the Bambino.
                      This was the final time I was able to bring myself root for a Boston franchise in any sporting event. Still my favorite non-Mets / non-Mariners baseball memory, though.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I cringe at the thought of a possible LA/NY WS.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          I cringe at the thought of a possible LA/NY WS.
                          LA/Hou is the best possible WS at this point. It avoids ChC, NYY, and Was.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post

Choke franchise.
                            that's what happens when you build a stadium right next to an ocean
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              I don't think you can blame Cleveland. I think you have to blame Francona. He sold his soul to the devil to come back from the 0-3 deficit to the Yankees in 2004, breaking the curse of the Bambino. But the price is a lifetime of blowing big series leads in the post-season.
                              The Sox came back from 1-3 down (v Cleveland) in the 2007 ALCS.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                The Sox came back from 1-3 down (v Cleveland) in the 2007 ALCS.
                                Yeah but the benefit purchased by Francona with his soul was non-transferable.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X