Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

I mean, he’s not necessarily wrong. I wouldn’t mind kicking all of the drug users out if it meant keeping the HOF clean.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I mean, he’s not necessarily wrong. I wouldn’t mind kicking all of the drug users out if it meant keeping the HOF clean.
      The minute Bud Selig got in, that opens the door to all the PED users.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        It's a conundrum. Many point out Greenies and such back in the day, but they weren't illegal in baseball back then, IIRC. So when were they banned?

One can take the moral stance, or one can take the legal stance. And there's the issue.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          It's a conundrum. Many point out Greenies and such back in the day, but they weren't illegal in baseball back then, IIRC.
          I'm pretty sure they were illegal period.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm sure Joe Morgan gobbled amphetamines and coke like every other baseball player between 1965 and... now.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

But up to a certain point in time, they were not against baseball rules to use them.

Take the Olympics for instance and how drugs come and go from the banned list. Take that drug that Sherapova got banned in tennis for. Before 2017, it was perfectly legal. Then, it wasn't. Had she stopped using it when she should have, she would have been fine. So, are you saying all of the records of all the tennis players and Olympians who used that drug prior to 2017 should be wiped off the books?

Of course not. It's either legal or not. And if it's legal, players will use it. And they are not wrong in doing so. And you can bet your house there were players using steroids for decades until the press and fans caught up to the fact. After all, they were known by the Olympic movement for decades. Don't think other sports didn't know about them long before they eventually banned them.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Hyperbolic but it’s not specifically against the rules to shoot a guy but Aaron Hernandez did it anyways.

When something is illegal to do in general, there shouldn’t need to be a specific rule to prevent it.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Hyperbolic but it’s not specifically against the rules to shoot a guy but Aaron Hernandez did it anyways.

When something is illegal to do in general, there shouldn’t need to be a specific rule to prevent it.
                  But, some of those things weren't illegal, even by law.

Not all enhancement drugs are illegal to use.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Players' unions' contracts. IIRC, an NBA guy got busted at the border with Molly or something, which obviously is illegal overall, but it was NOT on the "banned" list in the union contract, so the NBA couldn't really punish him. Some of these things also simply fall under "image" or "general conduct" rules, with limits on punishments (see: the NFL).
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You can get steroids legally from a doctor.

And that drug Sherapova was taking was taken within completely legal means. She had a legal prescription for it.

And how about the blood doping stuff a lot of cyclists were doing? Where they take a pint of blood out of you, oxygenate it, and put it back into you. It's your own blood. Oxygen is not a drug. So, what's illegal about that? But guess what, that procedure was banned under performance enhancing reasons.

Your point is voided.
                      Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 11-22-2017, 02:19 PM.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Yeah, but if you get steroids from a doctor, you usually would need a therapeutic waiver from the body that governs your sport. And just because some jagoff managed to work his way through university of phoenix’s Nick Riviera Medical School doesn’t make it right.
                        Code:

Comment

Yeah, but if you get steroids from a doctor, you usually would need a therapeutic waiver from the body that governs your sport. And just because some jagoff managed to work his way through university of phoenix’s Nick Riviera Medical School doesn’t make it right.
                          "If I kill you, you don't pay."
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            The minute Bud Selig got in, that opens the door to all the PED users.
                            Bud Selig, the man who helped lead the owners collusion in 85, 86, and 87?
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Bud Selig, the man who helped lead the owners collusion in 85, 86, and 87?
                              Pretty sure that was Jerry Reinsdorf. Selig only participated by screwing Paul Molitor.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You still haven't addressed my points.

Should all of Sharapova's records be wiped out?

Blood doping is perfectly legal and doesn't even use steroids. Why should the Olympics not allow it?

There were plenty of lawful means players could have used to enhance themselves before baseball outlawed it. You keep insisting on avoiding that point.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X