Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I remember the Yankees had Toyota.
    And a Datsun
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      And a Datsun
      Yeah, I saw that after I read the article. I only remembered the Toyota.

My attitude on them was what was mentioned in the article -- they are professional athletes and they can't jog in a few dozen yards?
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Yeah, I saw that after I read the article. I only remembered the Toyota.

My attitude on them was what was mentioned in the article -- they are professional athletes and they can't jog in a few dozen yards?
        Big Se-xy couldn't.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Big Se-xy couldn't.
          When the Frozen Four was in Ford Field in Detroit, the walk from the locker rooms to the ice was so long, the goalies rode golf carts.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            I remember the Yankees had Toyota.
            Brewers used to have a Harley Davidson with a sidecar for the pitcher.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Last year, a Miami newspaperman asked what he planned on doing after baseball.

"I think I'll just die," Ichiro said.
              After reading this article I don't think he's kidding.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...nternal-battle
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Ichiro signs with the Mariners.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Ichiro signs with the Mariners.
                  Is that a one dayer to wind up?

God bless the true baseball hits leader.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

1 year.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

1 year, they needed an outfielder.

Area 51 is back.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        After reading this article I don't think he's kidding.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...nternal-battle
                        Thanks for posting -- this is fascinating.

Comment

Thesis aside, please tell me everybody recognizes that's terrible writing, though. It's like Dan Shaughnessy had a baby with a winner of The Bad Hemingway Contest.

I need this, people. I can't go to my grave thinking this is what we've become.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 03-08-2018, 06:36 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Thesis aside, please tell me everybody recognizes that's terrible writing, though. It's like Dan Shaughnessy had a baby with a winner of The Bad Hemingway Contest.

I need this, people. I can't go to my grave thinking this is what we've become.
                            It reads like one of these celebrity interviews you read in the Style section of the WaPo.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              It reads like one of these celebrity interviews you read in the Style section of the WaPo.
                              All "journalism" has been infected with this, now. It started with those fey features in the NYT on some rich as-shole's Hampton house which eventually ate the entire Style section of every fishwrap.

When it jumped to sports it was combined with the worst sort of mouthbreathing juvenalia of talentless hacks like Kornheiser and Albom, all of who took the worst parts of Roger Kahn but didn't have either his brains or his sense of humor. ESPN then drove this into the ground with their formulaic sausage machine, culminating in the greatest tribute to both them and all sportswriting ever conceived. (Sorry for the crap quality; the original seems to have disappeared.)
                              Cornell University

Comment

All "journalism" has been infected with this, now. It started with those fey features in the NYT on some rich as-shole's Hampton house which eventually ate the entire Style section of every fishwrap.

When it jumped to sports it was combined with the worst sort of mouthbreathing juvenalia of talentless hacks like Kornheiser and Albom, all of who took the worst parts of Roger Kahn but didn't have either his brains or his sense of humor. ESPN then drove this into the ground with their formulaic sausage machine, culminating in the greatest tribute to both them and all sportswriting ever conceived. (Sorry for the crap quality; the original seems to have disappeared.)
                                There is a reason I stopped watching E$PN. You found it.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X