Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    I'm rooting for LA and I think that was a dumb call and a better Buster Posey rule needs to be considered. I think it was the right call by the rule book, but the rule needs modification somehow.
    He had the ball. Even in little league, at that point he's allowed to block the plate.

Comment

• Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      He had the ball. Even in little league, at that point he's allowed to block the plate.
      Yes when he has the ball but he clearly stuck his leg into the path of the Dodger runner before the ball made it into his glove. The rule might not be the best rule, but that is the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        Yes when he has the ball but he clearly stuck his leg into the path of the Dodger runner before the ball made it into his glove. The rule might not be the best rule, but that is the rule.
        I'm just saying, if that play would've been an out in everything from little league to college ball, it should still be an out in MLB. If MLB's rule is really more restrictive than the lower levels, then it's either been implemented badly or is written in an asinine manner.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          I'm just saying, if that play would've been an out in everything from little league to college ball, it should still be an out in MLB. If MLB's rule is really more restrictive than the lower levels, then it's either been implemented badly or is written in an asinine manner.
          I definitely agree it has either been implemented badly or written in an asinine manner. Or both maybe.

Comment

Lackey feeds his gopher and Dodgers up 2-0 in the NLCS.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Game 2 to the Dodgers.

Both series are 2-0.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Game 2 to the Dodgers.

Both series are 2-0.
                The last time the Dodgers hit a postseason walkoff? 29 years ago. "I don't believe what I just saw!"
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Game 2 to the Dodgers.

Both series are 2-0.
                  The consolation is we're headed to an all National League World Series.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned but check the date on the cover.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/...1_n.jpg?w=1000
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Aaron Judge finally getting a fair strike zone, and hit a 3 run dinger (could have been a Granny, but a passed ball allowed a runner to score just before his shot).

CC pitches another 6 inning scoreless gem, Yanks up 8-0 in the 7th.

Comment

A Yankee fan *****ing about allegedly improper calls in the playoffs. That's as rich as hearing a Packer fan *****ing about calls at Lambeau.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          A Yankee fan *****ing about allegedly improper calls in the playoffs. That's as rich as hearing a Packer fan *****ing about calls at Lambeau.
                          Proof is there all playoffs (and a good majority of the season.) Umps consistently call strikes out of the zone on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Proof is there all playoffs (and a good majority of the season.) Umps consistently call strikes out of the zone on him.
                            To be fair, he has the largest strike zone in MLB.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I say again. The umps quit calling strikes at the shins, and Judge starts making contact. Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing, but up until game 3 ALCS, he was often being gifted a free strike at the shins.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Well, the rest of MLB is owed about a bajillion calls that have favored the Yankees over the years, so just take those off the long running tab.

Comment

Working...
                                X