Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Cleveland, Minnesota, Boston... The AL is set to be a pretty incredible battle for the next while.
    If the Twins can get some pitching they should be pretty fun to watch. The lineup is more than solid.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      If the Twins can get some pitching they should be pretty fun to watch. The lineup is more than solid.
      Largely agree. The Twins need to continue playing defense like they did this past season; get solid mid-to-end rotation pitching; and develop a much better bullpen. If they do those things, they will compete with Cleveland for the division title, and should be in the mix for a Wild Card...particularly with Chicago, Detroit, and Kansas City all in the midst of likely rebuilds.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Thank you Astros now go win it all
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Mets to hire Indians pitching coach Mickey Callaway as next skipper.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Mets to hire Indians pitching coach Mickey Callaway as next skipper.
            Something must be wrong. On the surface this looks like an outstanding hire.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Something must be wrong. On the surface this looks like an outstanding hire.
              How many Francona disciples have become successful managers?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Cleveland, Minnesota, Boston... The AL is set to be a pretty incredible battle for the next while.
                My wife was just mentioning that last night. That is true. The AL could be a slugfest for a few years (all puns intended...).
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Game 1 to the Dodgers.

If they beat Verlander tomorrow, this thing is going to go quick.

2:28 game. Fastest WS game in 23 years.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

After slumming through 3:45 Tiger games all year, that was just about the greatest thing I've ever seen. If only all games could be like that.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      After slumming through 3:45 Tiger games all year, that was just about the greatest thing I've ever seen. If only all games could be like that.
                      No s*.

Twins games were awful this year too, in regards to time. I hope it was because we just don't have any pitching, forcing Molitor to pull out all the stops. By "stops" of course I mean "pitchers."
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        No s*.

Twins games were awful this year too, in regards to time. I hope it was because we just don't have any pitching, forcing Molitor to pull out all the stops. By "stops" of course I mean "pitchers."
                        I was at the game when the Twins were giving away winter hats, the first game after clinching the WC spot. The first three innings too almost two hours. People were leaving by the top of the 4th. It was a Friday, so it's not like they had work in the A.M..
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I was at that game as well. Unacceptable is an understatement.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Tied series.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Tied series.
                              And back to long games, even at the 9-inning mark. I gave up when Houston tied it in the top of the 9th.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                And back to long games, even at the 9-inning mark. I gave up when Houston tied it in the top of the 9th.
                                I turned it off after the 9th, too. I wonder how much of an effect this is going to have on the Dodgers. They were a couple outs from a 2-0 lead, and this thing was almost over. And then that happened.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X