Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    TiVo and news blackout.
    mookie can't do that. have too much going on as is.

one of the qatar sports channels has mlb and there are games on rather frequently. if only there was an afternoon playoff game every once in a while.....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not a baseball fan. Just hoping that someway, through social media or whatever, I hear about it if there's something gloryous to find a video on. Like that 1 inning between Toronto and Texas in 2015. Just insane. 3 errors, couple bench clearings, Bautista's bat flip. Insane. I had no horse in the hunt and was just mesmerized by videos of that inning.
      Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
      bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

The last out of the last 25 World Series.

This was fun to watch. I totally forgot there was no World Series in 1994!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Twins Tigers. 3.2 innings. 1.75 hours.
          I was at that game. It. took. for. ever. I went to grab some hot chocolate at the start of the 4th, and people were starting to leave the stadium. After the 6th, everyone with small children were leaving. We left after 8, and it was already 10:30. It was just too cold to sit around at a baseball park.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Judge not, yest ye be judged.
            You're missing a capital J. (You know you've made it when you're a verb.)

"You've been Judged."
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              ... was able to shower ...
              The world thanks your for taking care of this for the month of October.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                I mean, it was pretty magical the last time I was in Yankee Stadium (Jeter final walkoff), but that might be asking a bit too much from the baseball Gods.
                I don't know if I would go so far as to call the Twins "baseball Gods," but I do hope they can beat the Yankees tonight.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  I don't know if I would go so far as to call the Twins "baseball Gods," but I do hope they can beat the Yankees tonight.
                  On the 8th day, God created Aaron Judge. Court will be in session shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    On the 8th day, God created Aaron Judge. Court will be in session shortly.
                    Well, if the Twins created Judge...then it's time for Judge to meet his maker.
                    North Dakota

Comment

I forgot Ervin Santana's name used to be Johan.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        I forgot Ervin Santana's name used to be Johan.
                        And Max Kepler's name used to be George Herman Ruth....or something like that.
                        North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          And Max Kepler's name used to be George Herman Ruth....or something like that.
                          Hard to tell if you know that i was being serious. He changed it in 2003 because of the other Johan.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Hard to tell if you know that i was being serious. He changed it in 2003 because of the other Johan.
                            I was watching ESPN when they mentioned that as well, so I was aware that you were being serious. I was just trying to play a little bit on top of the Johan/Ervin Magic Santana reference (Kepler changed the last name he used before getting to the big leagues). I guess it didn't really work out.

Either way...here's to the Twinkies getting off to a good start and punching their way into the ALDS.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Boom! Boom again!
                              Call the bullpen...

Comment

An OK start to the game.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X