Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

extra coffee today, all around. that was painful, and I'm not even a Nats fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      That was a nasty pitch.
      That pitch was filthy and there's an ulterior motive for my comment. I can't fkn stand Harper.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        That pitch was filthy and there's an ulterior motive for my comment. I can't fkn stand Harper.
        I don't get the Harper hate, to be honest, and if anybody should hate him it's a Mets fan. Half -- probably well over half -- the players in baseball are arrogant dipsh-ts. He's a GREAT player. I'd love it if he played for us (if for no other reason than it would mean Fred and Jeff must have had heart attacks).
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I don't get the Harper hate, to be honest, and if anybody should hate him it's a Mets fan. Half -- probably well over half -- the players in baseball are arrogant dipsh-ts. He's a GREAT player. I'd love it if he played for us (if for no other reason than it would mean Fred and Jeff must have had heart attacks).
          I did not like Harper when he first came up, but his passion for the game has grown on me.

Comment

Verlander does not look right playing in anything but a tigers jersey. One of the best competitors ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Cubs advance 9-8.

MLB has to like their final 4 teams, given the markets involved.
              And they would love a Cubs/Yankees final. I'll take the Astros as I despise the Yankees with all my soul.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

That kid's lucky that it was so clear it was a home run. If it looked at all like he interfered with Judge, his name and address would be on the internet now, and he'd be getting death threats.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I don't know, but some of it may go back to his high school days. He was a pheeeenom and had a "managed" career (didn't go to a normal high school, graduated with GED, worked at baseball more or less full time as a teenager, etc.) If in fact he's a great player and a reasonably normal person, great for him. He could have turned out like a baseball Todd Marinovich.

Comment

Verlander is dealing. 13 K's through 8.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Verlander gonna Verlander

*sniffle*
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Odd play at home in the Cubs game just now. Although it only stops the bleeding for now.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Given all the loopholes in the rule, that was a bullsh* call.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Can't blame Madden for getting tossed. Beautiful play squashed by a dumb rule.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I don't expect the Cubs to win this series, but calls like that don't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I'm rooting for LA and I think that was a dumb call and a better Buster Posey rule needs to be considered. I think it was the right call by the rule book, but the rule needs modification somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                I'm rooting for LA and I think that was a dumb call and a better Buster Posey rule needs to be considered. I think it was the right call by the rule book, but the rule needs modification somehow.
                                I don't think it made a difference in the game, but yeah, it's a BS call and rule there.

Comment

Working...
                                X