Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2017: Playoffs, World Series, and Off-season.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Thesis aside, please tell me everybody recognizes that's terrible writing, though. It's like Dan Shaughnessy had a baby with a winner of The Bad Hemingway Contest.

I need this, people. I can't go to my grave thinking this is what we've become.
    I assumed it was a puff piece designed to lion-ize a player everyone already likes. I like a good human interest story on my terms (don't shove the $hit in my face during the Olympics). I assume that Ichiro's story is similar to most overachieving athletes, but it is sad to see it spelled out.
    Also it was 2:00am and I need something to distract me from the sadness at work.

Comment

Kyle Gibson in mid-season form, giving back as many runs as he can after being given a 9-0 lead in the 1st.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Twins get Lance Lynn at 1 yr/12mm
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Twins get Lance Lynn at 1 yr/12mm
          Good get. If the Twins hit like they did the second half of last season, they will put up a lot of Ws this season. I don't think they can catch Cleveland, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were hosting the Wild Card game this season.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Good get. If the Twins hit like they did the second half of last season, they will put up a lot of Ws this season. I don't think they can catch Cleveland, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were hosting the Wild Card game this season.
            I think they can catch Cleveland. Cleveland shouldn't be as good as last year, with the losses they've had, and the Twins should be significantly better with the additions of: Jake Odorizzi, Lance Lynn, Logan Morrison, Addison Reed, and Fernando Rodney.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I think they can catch Cleveland. Cleveland shouldn't be as good as last year, with the losses they've had, and the Twins should be significantly better with the additions of: Jake Odorizzi, Lance Lynn, Logan Morrison, Addison Reed, and Fernando Rodney.
              While plausible that the Twins could win, it would be a surprise to everyone if Cleveland didn't win the AL Central by 8-10 games this year. Their starting rotation is still significantly better than the Twins, and their bullpen isn't bad either.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Arrieta to the Phillies.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  While plausible that the Twins could win, it would be a surprise to everyone if Cleveland didn't win the AL Central by 8-10 games this year. Their starting rotation is still significantly better than the Twins, and their bullpen isn't bad either.
                  I wouldn't be surprised if that is true. The Twins ate gonna score a crapload of runs. All depends on how many they give up.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

We seem to gloss over a lot of things:
                    -Sano is going to miss time to suspension.
                    -Buxton has never hit for a full season.
                    -Berrios while great, is unproven.
                    -Kyle Gibson is Kyle Gibson.

I want them to win, but lets not go crazy.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Arrieta to the Phillies.
                      I don’t like anything I see in that contract. The Phillies might have just lit $75 million on fire.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        I don’t like anything I see in that contract. The Phillies might have just lit $75 million on fire.
                        At least it is only 3 years and not 7 or 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Since it is Philadelphia, I hope they did, and I hope the fans get ****ed and burn down their own ****hole houses, again.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            At least it is only 3 years and not 7 or 8.
                            The trend lately has definitely been shorter contracts, even if they still overpay. At least this way, they aren't stuck overpaying for too long.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Lynn debut. 3 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 5 K
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

@PeteAbe: Major pace-of-play rule changes for the minor leagues including starting extra innings with a runner on second base. Details: https://twitter.com/PeteAbe/status/9...234625/photo/1
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X