• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2017-18 Season

Great win! Congrats on a super effort.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Nice win! I regret to say that other plans had me shut the game off after the first period. When I saw today that they had won, I was astounded.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

The Golden Knights and Big Red thank the BG on the win.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Prediction ....if the BG scores early and gets out to a lead, they could either steal a tie or win tonight as you know that DU team coached by Monty will come out with a flurry. Go Big Green...keep it up!

Now that the dust has settled down and euphoria is back to reality, the above was my prediction going into the second game on Saturday night. Well the BG proved me wrong yet again (it a good way) as they showed their grit and moxie to come from behind in a hostile environment against a stacked team from coach on down to players, by erasing an early 3-0 deficit and responding with 5 straight goals to take a 5-3 lead with less than a minute to play as DU scores right afterwards. Predictions are just those and outcomes/results are what only matters. They don't how but just how many and 5 was just enough on Saturday night. Go BIG GREEN! And again thanks for all those congratulatory posts!

Comment

Hoping that your instate rival brings the Big Green back down to Earth at the end of the month. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Hoping that your instate rival brings the Big Green back down to Earth at the end of the month. :-)
              Well I am hoping you are wrong but that's just unrealistic. However, this past weekend's success against DU will make for better games vs you guys and MN-D. If the boys can just keep half of that momentum it will do them very good as confidence is huge. Good luck at our Ledyard! Remember TUK TUK for Thai and Molly's and Salt Hill for bevvies. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                Well I am hoping you are wrong but that's just unrealistic. However, this past weekend's success against DU will make for better games vs you guys and MN-D. If the boys can just keep half of that momentum it will do them very good as confidence is huge. Good luck at our Ledyard! Remember TUK TUK for Thai and Molly's and Salt Hill for bevvies. Cheers!
                Molly's? Did someone say Molly's? 😻 Looking forward! Never been to Salt Hill? Maybe Saturday!!!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Molly's? Did someone say Molly's? 😻 Looking forward! Never been to Salt Hill? Maybe Saturday!!!
                  Molly's is a good environment but gets a little tight in the bar area once it starts getting crowded whereas Salt Hill Pub has a little more space, either way you cannot go wrong. Good Luck to you guys!

Comment

I have to admire the commentors' good attitude, patience and support for a team that has a ECAC conference record of 65-72-15 since the 2010 - 2011 season. I would just like them to do something which would invigorate the program so that they could truly be competitive in the conference.

Comment

• Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2017-18 Season

So will Dartmouth be the home team all weekend? Trying to decide if I have to bring both jerseys...decisions decisions!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        So will Dartmouth be the home team all weekend? Trying to decide if I have to bring both jerseys...decisions decisions!
                        It is their tournament, so I should hope that the Big Green is home team both nights. Why cannot UNH host a tournament? Are we lazy bums in Durham?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          It is their tournament, so I should hope that the Big Green is home team both nights. Why cannot UNH host a tournament? Are we lazy bums in Durham?
                          The jersey situation might be a moot point if the Big Green decides to go with their rugby-styled striped jerseys; if that's the case then you can wear either. Good Luck to you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by kool99 View Post
                            I have to admire the commentors' good attitude, patience and support for a team that has a ECAC conference record of 65-72-15 since the 2010 - 2011 season. I would just like them to do something which would invigorate the program so that they could truly be competitive in the conference.
                            Thank you very much for the kind words! As basically the only poster for the Big Green it would only make much sense to have a good demeanor. After all, it is all about the players and their education in school and life and for those lucky and hard-working few, it may pay off making it to the "big SHOW". I agree 100% about your second point and that you entail a coordinated effort between the school and hockey program...the absolute best determiner is the product on the ice!

Comment

2017 Ledyard Tournament Information / December 29 - 30

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...CLID=211690799

Good luck to all the teams: New Hampshire, Minnesota-Duluth, Yale, and of course, the BIG GREEN!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                                2017 Ledyard Tournament Information / December 29 - 30

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...CLID=211690799

Good luck to all the teams: New Hampshire, Minnesota-Duluth, Yale, and of course, the BIG GREEN!
                                Much snow on the ground in Hanover?
                                Any idea which end Yale will shoot at to begin the Friday game. Just checked the ticket website, a good amount of tickets sold.
                                Last edited by LTsatch; 12-28-2017, 02:18 PM.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X