Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2017-18 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I'm excited for a taste of NH out here in Denver this weekend. Its a tough test for Dartmouth - made more difficult by a poor DU effort against CC, last weekend. I expect the Pioneers will be at their best this weekend...
    I am too as we played our best game of the year! You guys came out flat in the first and poured it on for the remainder. However we were still in....one crossbar that would have been a 1-0 lead in second and point blank high slot right down broadway shot saved by Jailett. Good luck tonight.

Comment

Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2017-18 Season

Yes I am in a great mood even after a loss to DU last night. This is where a loss feels like a win as the Big Green played their best game of the year by far. Now why do I say that: very few mistakes overall especially in our own end, very simple N/S hockey, 5 man coverage over the ice taking away time and space, and most importantly playing with early confidence as they jumped on DU right away taking away the crowd and letting DU know that they are in for a dog fight. It is also important to note they the Big Green got to best goalie back after missing some games in Buffalo and Yau on D who missed one game...they both played solid and made their impact. As I stated many times, scoring will be at a premium and this certainly exemplified it although they created good scoring chances with Han hitting a crossbar that would have given the BG a 1-0 lead in the second and Yau with a grade-A high slot shot trailing 1-0 in third saved by Jailett. Forman had many chances early when the BG jumped out early. Prediction ....if the BG scores early and gets out to a lead, they could either steal a tie or win tonight as you know that DU team coached by Monty will come out with a flurry. Go Big Green...keep it up!

Comment

I watch the game thinking it would be a one-sided affair but was truly please with the way your team played. It should go into the books as one you should have won but Jaillet's play was outstanding deserving the shutout.

Comment

Congrats on the big win tonight!

Final Dartmouth 5 - Denver 4

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Congrats on the big win tonight!

Final Dartmouth 5 - Denver 4
            Great weekend. DC looked really tough all six periods...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Awesome win for youse tonight!!
              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Congratulations on the win tonight!
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Congratulations indeed on the HUGE 5-4 upset win tonight (and even on last night's 1-0 loss).
                  I owe Nathan Fournier an apology... not only did Dartmouth go to Denver looking for a win... they got it.
                  As a Colgate season ticket-holder, I'll be the first to admit that you guys really held up the ECAC Hockey banner proudly at the home of the defending National Champions.
                  And I am especially proud of Cam Strong, who sparked tonight's comeback and got another assist later on.
                  #CamStrong

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Congratulations on the win tonight!
                    Ditto. WOW
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      Ditto. WOW
                      Hard to believe that the woeful stats and record of Dartmouth was the same team that only lost by a goal Friday and won on Saturday over DU. What a road trip!

Comment

Great great win, hockey sure is hard to figure out sometimes!
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Nice win you guys! See you in two weeks...will be the first trip to Thompson Arena but not to Molly's .
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Nice win Big Green !!!
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

First of all a big BIG GREEN thank you for those that sent congratulatory messages... talk about a Rocky Mountain High! I will break down the game in another post

Comment

Talk about a “Rocky Mountain High” and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”. Who would have thunk it....certainly not me along with millions more but the only ones that count are on that BiG Green team, players and staff included so huge kudos to them. Like I said to Iowa based traveler ...that’s why you play the game, turning out to be very prophetic. This is certainly a David Slains Goliath, as I am still wondering how we played lost a tight game and bounced back to win the next game against a very talented DU team. Mark my words, you will be seeing many of those players in the “SHOW” soon.

It didn’t start off good as the BG got in penalty trouble and paid dearly as DU pots two PP goals in the first along with EV goal. So here we stand 3-0 down to a great DU and to further compound that, a BG that is scoring-challenged shout 24 hours earlier. But BG did not quit and cave in rather they fought like I have never seen and batttled back with 3 markers in the second to tie it. It this scenario was a month ago the result probably would have been a 7-0 rout. The goals were not pretty but they don’t ask how but rather how many. Most of the goals were the greasy dirty-type goals generated from behind the goal or goal line. Must have to say Jaillet did not have his best game after shutting out the BG the night before. Now started the third DU has constant pressure but unable to finish and now seemingly either they got frustrated and/or tired and BG takes over some of the play leading to another lunch-place type goal by Collin Rutherford his first collegiate goal, I am quite sure he will remember that goal. Sellar puts in a 180ft EN but DU did not quit as they scored right after that face off to make it 5-4 as the BG holds on for the W.

How big was the W? We will not know until later in the year as we all know coming into DU BG was not very good. BG were like beaten soldiers and just needed that glimmer of spark, hope to exult that confidence any athlete needs to compete hard and win. I just think this trip will give that confidence moving forward. Now some positives: newly created line of Graber/Sellar/Forman did some damage playing below the dots. They are all over 6’3”. Kevin Neily had a breakout game with 3 assists. What is so ironic that the players counted to the heavy lifting this season is that so much and the freshman are better with each game, Less, Demler, Rutherford, Baker, Forman etc. Thanks BIG Green for that early Christmas Holiday present!

Comment

Working...
                                X