Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2017-18 Season

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
    Out of Conference record for the league was .435 not good.The Ivy's must allow a 34 game schedule or AHC is going to catch up in a few years
    That's a ridiculous statement, if anything the statement would be the ECAC could pass HE next season, I don't believe that's sustainable but for strictly next season the ECAC could very easily be the better conference. HE will have BC, BU, Providence carrying the load, the next group is probably UMass, Lowell, maybe Maine? Northeastern will be fine in the long run but it's never easy to lose that much talent. Meanwhile you have the ECAC where the top teams from this season return pretty much everything for next season, there will always be a few key seniors and the early departures but depth wise the ECAC will be **** good next season.

Clarkson - Probably will lose Rempal, could lose Sturm, still will be return most of the top 6 and probably have the best recruiting class in 18-20 years, they lose Amorosa and Summers but gain Hurley and Underwood, Kielly has another year to improve. Still will play OOC teams tough

Colgate - If they have Point then who knows, McCann is a really good hockey player and their defense is very stingy with a lot of depth.

Cornell - Lose Rauter + Yates and maybe Angello, return majority of their crucial pieces this season and have a goalie who is not as good as his numbers would indicate but he's still really good, oh and plus it's Cornell they're always top 4.

Dartmouth - This is my darkhorse team, I think they'll do well against ECAC opponents, they have a few key departures with Buffalo/Kalk/Rymsha but the core of the team will be back I think guys like Graber and Sellar will develop into consistent forces along with Baker, Foreman, Jasiek, Rutherford continuing to progress as well, really really deep forward unit for Dartmouth, they'll need someone to step up in between the pipes.

Harvard - Yes they lose a top five player in college hockey with Donato, well they retain a top 20 college hockey player in Adam Fox and bring in another deep deep recruiting class, us ECAC teams know how much Harvard players develop over the years, their recent success has been based on, guys like Criscuolo, Esposito, Kerfoot, Malone all progressed so much in their time, I think guys like Badini, Bowlby, Pelton-Byce, Zertter-Gossage do that and they you add those impact freshmen and that teams looking good if they find goaltending.

Princeton - If they return Kuffner, Teves, Veronneau then they'll be extremely good, solid recruiting class coming in, they have some really good defensemen coming back in Teves, Thom, Topitagh, and Yochim along with adding Kellenberger and Ufberg will make them even more explosive, they will be undersized at defense for sure but they will be able to move pucks and jump into the play with ease. Hallisay and Robinson are huge losses but Cressey and Riche will probably make even more of a jump.

Quinnipiac - They need to find some scoring but if Priskie comes back they'll be really solid defensively and they're bringing in a pretty big freshman class some maybe some goal scorers will emerge from there. Best goaltending duo in the league and they should only get better if they get some goals.

Union - Losing Scarfo will hurt, losing Brassard will hurt a bit, they have a few juniors that could probably turn pro if they get the right offer but will they do that? I really liked some of their younger guys like Adams and Foo last season and I don't think they had great seasons, with a summer under their belt I think that will be crucial already adding to Maier, Morgan, Rinaldi, Supinski, Vidmar. Union is usually successful against ECAC opponents, they'll need to prove how good they really are against the OOC opponents.

Yale - Didn't get consistent play until the end of the year but if Snively comes back they are adding a great recruiting class, they'll need a few guys to take a big step in point production, a lot of returning defenseman and are adding two really good defensemen in Lillibridge and St. Ivany. They'll need Kaczperski to play like he did late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
      Dartmouth - This is my darkhorse team, I think they'll do well against ECAC opponents, they have a few key departures with Buffalo/Kalk/Rymsha but the core of the team will be back I think guys like Graber and Sellar will develop into consistent forces along with Baker, Foreman, Jasiek, Rutherford continuing to progress as well, really really deep forward unit for Dartmouth, they'll need someone to step up in between the pipes.
      I'm pretty encouraged, actually. You mention those 4 freshman: in addition Brendan Less was really, really good defensively last year, and Brendan Demler made some positive strides as well. If as rumored Carl Hesler is back with the team next year and some of the incoming freshman pan out (a couple projected to be incoming I have high hopes for) then the some of the Big Green's forwards who were regulars this year may have to fight for a spot in the lineup next year, kind of like Cam Strong's situation this past season. The depth should pay dividends. Would like to see a couple bigger, more physical D get added to the roster, tho....

And maybe I'm just a optimist seeing the world through Green lenses, but I think Clark's upside is higher than Buffalo's was. He needs to be consistent; I'm hoping that being the #1 goalie coming into the season and getting the early starts will help him develop that. He sure showed what he's capable of in some games (Clarkson obviously--he was also good against Vermont and Colgate); his numbers would be a lot better if not for a couple stinkeroos (at Princeton; home against Bentley.)

I see Dartmouth as having a ton of potential to continue their upward trend.
      Last edited by GreenBear; 03-27-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
        If as rumored Carl Hesler is back with the team next year and some of the incoming freshman pan out (a couple projected to be incoming I have high hopes for) then the some of the Big Green's forwards who were regulars this year may have to fight for a spot in the lineup next year, kind of like Cam Strong's situation this past season.

And maybe I'm just a optimist seeing the world through Green lenses, but I think Clark's upside is higher than Buffalo's was. He needs to be consistent; I'm hoping that being the #1 goalie coming into the season and getting the early starts will help him develop that. He sure showed what he's capable of in some games (Clarkson obviously--he was also good against Vermont and Colgate); his numbers would be a lot better if not for a couple stinkeroos (at Princeton; home against Bentley.)
        I appreciate your mentions of Strong and Clark. I actually drove up to Dartmouth for the Bentley game to see Cam play, but he was a healthy scratch that night. I came away from that 'stinkeroo' convinced that Dartmouth was going to have a l-o-n-g season, ala Saint Lawrence and RPI. But you guys finished the season (slightly) above my beloved Colgate, so I came to realize that that one game was not your norm. Continued good luck next season and I will be back (to watch Cam and enjoy the Hanover area).

Comment

You obviously follow the teams and the players so well done on that end! Also thanks for backing up and supporting the ECAC! I believe the BG will be much improved than last year building on its play from the back half...it will mostly depend on if the returning players take that critical next step based on their learnings and experiences.

Comment

I'm pretty encouraged, actually. You mention those 4 freshman: in addition Brendan Less was really, really good defensively last year, and Brendan Demler made some positive strides as well. If as rumored Carl Hesler is back with the team next year and some of the incoming freshman pan out (a couple projected to be incoming I have high hopes for) then the some of the Big Green's forwards who were regulars this year may have to fight for a spot in the lineup next year, kind of like Cam Strong's situation this past season. The depth should pay dividends. Would like to see a couple bigger, more physical D get added to the roster, tho....

I see Dartmouth as having a ton of potential to continue their upward trend.
            GreenBear, I am glad you share the same sentiments as me! If Hesler comes back he will be huge as he instantly will probably become their best two-way forward and you can bet after sitting out a year due to injury, he will be back with motivation and vengeance. Also the dire need for a big, mean, and feisty (stay at home) R-H D man would be huge as Less was the only righty they can count on for the PK. Having a righty on the right side helps them clear the zone easier on PK. I am with on Clark and I am "buying" on him doing well.

Comment

Yep, it will be very interesting to see who the BG brings in as freshmen as we know Shoup, Rymsha, Kalk, Neily, and Buffalo have graduated. A monkey wrench has been thrown to this as the rumor of Carl Hesler coming back after injury and looking at Heisenger/College Committments, it shows a Sam Hesler 98' as well; I am assuming that Sam Hesler is somehow related to Carl. Furthermore, this list shows two 97's so assuming they would get spots as they age out. Very interesting decisions has to be made by the staff, albeit GOOD interesting decisions!

Thoughts GreenBear?
              Last edited by BIG Green; 03-30-2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                I am assuming that Sam Hesler is somehow related to Carl.
                Yup. Little brother. Spent the past season with Wenatchee of the BCHL--same program that gave us Rymsha and Baker. Doesn't have the same impressive numbers at Wenatchee that Baker did (9-17-26 in 58 games for Hesler compared to 27-35-62 in 58 games for Baker) but he's having a very good playoffs, which continue with the conference finals vs. Trail beginning tonight.

Comment

Yup. Little brother. Spent the past season with Wenatchee of the BCHL--same program that gave us Rymsha and Baker. Doesn't have the same impressive numbers at Wenatchee that Baker did (9-17-26 in 58 games for Hesler compared to 27-35-62 in 58 games for Baker) but he's having a very good playoffs, which continue with the conference finals vs. Trail beginning tonight.
                  That's great to hear about Sam! While I can take the BCHL stats with a grain of salt (nothing against Sam) I am more interested in his pedigree as Carl was a very good honest player. Do you think Sam will be on campus this fall and if he is, where and what role do you envision him playing? Top six? Bottom six?

Comment

Clarkson - Probably will lose Rempal, could lose Sturm, still will be return most of the top 6 and probably have the best recruiting class in 18-20 years, they lose Amorosa and Summers but gain Hurley and Underwood, Kielly has another year to improve. Still will play OOC teams tough......................and they did. He signed today with LA Kings.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Rempal signed with The kings today.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        Clarkson - Probably will lose Rempal, could lose Sturm, still will be return most of the top 6 and probably have the best recruiting class in 18-20 years, they lose Amorosa and Summers but gain Hurley and Underwood, Kielly has another year to improve. Still will play OOC teams tough......................and they did. He signed today with LA Kings.
                        Thanks for the info! Good and bad! Good for the players and the league and tough on Clarkson!

While I got you, what is your take on the incoming 2018-19 class at Dartmouth. I know you were big on Christian LeSeur 99'...do you think he is coming in next year? There are not many roster spots especially if the rumor is true about the return of Carl Hesler (maybe his brother Sam as well).
                        Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                          Thanks for the info! Good and bad! Good for the players and the league and tough on Clarkson!

While I got you, what is your take on the incoming 2018-19 class at Dartmouth. I know you were big on Christian LeSeur 99'...do you think he is coming in next year? There are not many roster spots especially if the rumor is true about the return of Carl Hesler (maybe his brother Sam as well).
                          Thanks in advance!
                          I would guess LeSeur will greatly improve with at least 1 (if not 2) yr. in Jr.’s. I was kind of disappointed in the only game I saw him play this year. Now that’s just 1 game, who knows maybe he was sick. He didn’t have that quickness that impressed me from the season before. I did see Koutsomitis play. Looking for the game program now.......ah, 2g and 1a in that game. He’s listed at 5’11” 175 that is a bigggg stretch. I’ld say 5’9” 155. Not fast, not physical but he was always around the puck especially at the net. Heisenberg has him listed as coming for this season but like LeSeur he should play at least 1 yr in Jr.’s. I lost my contact from the Wenatchee Wild so I can’t comment on Hesler. There ya go.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I would guess LeSeur will greatly improve with at least 1 (if not 2) yr. in Jr.’s. I was kind of disappointed in the only game I saw him play this year. Now that’s just 1 game, who knows maybe he was sick. He didn’t have that quickness that impressed me from the season before. I did see Koutsomitis play. Looking for the game program now.......ah, 2g and 1a in that game. He’s listed at 5’11” 175 that is a bigggg stretch. I’ld say 5’9” 155. Not fast, not physical but he was always around the puck especially at the net. Heisenberg has him listed as coming for this season but like LeSeur he should play at least 1 yr in Jr.’s. I lost my contact from the Wenatchee Wild so I can’t comment on Hesler. There ya go.
                            I was just thinking about what I wrote & realized when I mentioned Koustsomitis’ size I got him mixed up with Q-Pac recruit Matt Fawcett. He is small, Koustsomitis’ size was probably accurate with what he was listed at.

Comment

Thanks turk181 for again providing valuable insight into the prospects for BG hockey! It is greatly appreciated and please feel free to chime in if you have anything related to BG hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Rempal signed with The kings today.
                                ....and now they lose Josh Dickinson. He signs with Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                                X