X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Hmm. OK, I'll give it a whirl. Based on Legion and American Gods it is possible to do a good comic book series.

The previews made it look like dreck, but that's about trying to maximize eye balls.
    American Gods was first published as a novel, not a comic book or graphic novel, even though Neil Gaiman has written a number of graphic novels.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      American Gods was first published as a novel, not a comic book or graphic novel, even though Neil Gaiman has written a number of graphic novels.
      I did not know that. I get muddled about Gaiman because, mmm, Amanda Palmer.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yup, it was a straight up fiction novel. It's much better than your average pulp novel, though you wouldn't find it listed with the great literature of the era.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Edit: oh god, she's playing at the 9:30 Club on Halloween night. Do you think if Dr. Mrs. and I go she'll sleep with us? I've heard Neil doesn't mind.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yup, it was a straight up fiction novel. It's much better than your average pulp novel, though you wouldn't find it listed with the great literature of the era.
            It was written in 2001. It probably is among the great literature of the era. We're not talking a real strong period for literature.
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              The Gifted was fantastic. Best Marvel TV Show premiere I've ever seen. And I've pretty much hated the X-Men stuff since movie 2.
              I may be wrong but I think it premiered at like half the numbers of Agents of Shield so it needs to hold an audience or it will be in trouble. Although it does have the added benefit of being an X-Men show which Fox has rights too.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I may be wrong but I think it premiered at like half the numbers of Agents of Shield so it needs to hold an audience or it will be in trouble. Although it does have the added benefit of being an X-Men show which Fox has rights too.
                http://deadline.com/2017/10/the-gift...it-1202181140/

Doesn't sound bad based on this article I found. It was better than most of the Netflix stuff IMO. I really liked it.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't really read fiction, and even *I* loved the novel. I could not put it down. Read it in one sitting (flying from COS to MPLS).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hmm. OK, I'll give it a whirl. Based on Legion and American Gods it is possible to do a good comic book series.

The previews made it look like dreck, but that's about trying to maximize eye balls.
                    I thought the same thing.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

From the, "I, I did not know that" file....I was watching Air Crash Investigation but joined in a bit late on this particular episode. Find out it's for a crash from the early 90's, then discover it's from "Lauda Air". [Huh, never heard of it]. Later they're interviewing the owner of airline as he played an active role in the investigation himself. Niki Lauda. [Hmm, name sounds familiar]. Jump on Google and yep, same guy as the former F1 driver depicted in the movie Rush.

Comment

Long Shot:

Accused of murder, a man's lawyer uses raw LA Dodgers/Curb Your Enthusiasm footage to prove him innocent. True story.
                        Not that hard-hitting, but very interesting. The chances of this happening is crazy. Worth a time-kill.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Is it wrong that I'm rooting against Amelia Shepherd on Grey's?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Marvel and Netflix have delayed THE PUNISHER and canceled the panel at New York Comic-Con.

Seems like they were going to drop the entire series as a surprise this weekend after they held their panel at NYCC. Obviously with current events, it's not really the time/place for a character like Frank Castle. Seems like Dec. or Jan. is the planned schedule now....
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Anyone watching that new Tina Fey show? Can't decide if that one would be worth it.

But I may get a spot opening up from the Orville. Just can't make up my mind on that one. I thought it was originally billed as a comedy but other than a few marginal one liners, it seems to be more of a serious Star Trek show.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                Anyone watching that new Tina Fey show? Can't decide if that one would be worth it.

But I may get a spot opening up from the Orville. Just can't make up my mind on that one. I thought it was originally billed as a comedy but other than a few marginal one liners, it seems to be more of a serious Star Trek show.
                                The Orville is trying to do serious Star Trek subjects, but then add comedy one-liners throughout the script. It's okay, but not anything great. It'll likely be axed before the end of the season, or simply not get renewed.

Comment

Working...
                                X