X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Exactly.

Watch it if you want, but you're not going to convince me that I should watch it
    The longer version of the famous French quote about "there is no arguing taste" is "Since there is no arguing taste let's talk about what we enjoy and, at most, note the rest only by omission." This is great advice which I constantly disregard because I am an idiot.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not sure what this means but Iron Fist was so boring and dull that I literally just stopped in the middle. Thought I wanted to watch The Defenders real bad but I have no desire. That's not Network TV.

Gotham is better than any of the Marvel stuff on Netflix IMO. By far. And still is even in season 4.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Not sure what this means but Iron Fist was so boring and dull that I literally just stopped in the middle. Thought I wanted to watch The Defenders real bad but I have no desire. That's not Network TV.

Gotham is better than any of the Marvel stuff on Netflix IMO. By far. And still is even in season 4.
        The Defenders was decent. The Iron Fist becomes more Iron Fister rather than Iron Fistee, like he was in his own series/season.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Not sure what this means but Iron Fist was so boring and dull that I literally just stopped in the middle.
          This was how I felt about Gotham. Oswald was great but it got to where I literally FFed through every scene involving either Gordon, his boobs on a stick GF, or insufferable L'il Wayne.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No, its worse than network TV, it is super hero fanboy stuff. Network, Super Hero, Reality - the 3 areas I don't venture into.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              No, its worse than network TV, it is super hero fanboy stuff. Network, Super Hero, Reality - the 3 areas I don't venture into.
              I highly recommend Legion. It's one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. I know exactly what you mean about the Super Hero genre and its pimply fan boys, but in this case ignore all that, watch, and be amazed.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                South Park 21.2 was about this and made the point beautifully.
                It was really good. It took me half the show to figure out where they were going with it. It was awesome.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I highly recommend Legion. It's one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. I know exactly what you mean about the Super Hero genre and its pimply fan boys, but in this case ignore all that, watch, and be amazed.
                  Ditto. Though, I do enjoy a good super hero movie, I don't need to see them all. Or want to.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This was how I felt about Gotham. Oswald was great but it got to where I literally FFed through every scene involving either Gordon, his boobs on a stick GF, or insufferable L'il Wayne.
                    Well, I guess we differ. The growth of Mr. Wayne has been awesome and every villain has been fantastic in their own way. Unlike Marvel TV and most movies where the villains all suck for the most part (Kingpin and the villain from Jessica Jones being the main exceptions).
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well, I guess we differ. The growth of Mr. Wayne has been awesome and every villain has been fantastic in their own way. Unlike Marvel TV and most movies where the villains all suck.
                      It's been my experience over the years that DCEU movies usually have an issue with the heroes being portrayed in an interesting way. At the same time, their villains have at least had something to enjoy. WW may have reversed that. Meanwhile, Marvel has fun heroes while their villains are mostly unimpressive. That might change for Marvel with the upcoming Infinity Wars movies.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        It's been my experience over the years that DCEU movies usually have an issue with the heroes being portrayed in an interesting way. At the same time, their villains have at least had something to enjoy. WW may have reversed that. Meanwhile, Marvel has fun heroes while their villains are mostly unimpressive. That might change for Marvel with the upcoming Infinity Wars movies.
                        It will. Thanos is a bad ***. Also, the Thor movie coming up will have a fantastic villain. The heroes (Gordon and Mr. Wayne have been interesting in Gotham).

Comment

That's gonna be tough for me. Like watching mommy and daddy fighting.
                          Is that better or worse than watching mommy and daddy fcking?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

That's gonna be tough for me. Like watching mommy and daddy fighting.
                            It shouldn't be that difficult. Bottom line, Me-again Kelly is just another one of Faux's air-headed jizz buckets masquerading as a journalist.

Comment

Just got a notice from Netflix that season 3 of Dark Matter is now up for streaming. Above average sci-fi show, IMO. Kinda sad it only lasted 3 years on Syfy. Same with Defiance (which is available for streaming on Amazon Prime)

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Just got a notice from Netflix that season 3 of Dark Matter is now up for streaming. Above average sci-fi show, IMO. Kinda sad it only lasted 3 years on Syfy. Same with Defiance (which is available for streaming on Amazon Prime)
                                I was just coming here to say the same thing about Dark Matter. I knew there was one or two others here who liked it.

Comment

Working...
                                X