• Show
Clear All

Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

I have no idea what this is about so here's a DuckTales gif:
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Star Trek Discovery (STD?) about to start on the East Coast.

I'm a one and done. I'm not paying for CBS Access.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The new ducktales episodes were great. I loved Ma Beagle. Her character reboot is awesome.

Aside from that, they've also done a wonderful job blending today's culture with the soul of the old show.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          The new ducktales episodes were great. I loved Ma Beagle. Her character reboot is awesome.

Aside from that, they've also done a wonderful job blending today's culture with the soul of the old show.
          The Donald and Mrs. Beakley B-story back and forth in the one episode was hilarious.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The boat fire was amazing.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't care who you are, fart sounds are hilarious.
              Code:

Comment

I prefer the classic "armpit," but yeah, overall, gotta laugh.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You don't have to be smart to laugh at a fart, but you have to be stupid not to.

- Louis CK
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The difference between Handy and me is I don't care what TV shows you like or why. I listed the shows I like. That made him irate. That's his problem and has nothing to do with me.

I like Survivor and The Bachelor. I know they're stupid but I still like them. Handy makes cracks about that as defining my taste. Again, that's his problem.

You can like anything you want; it doesn't mean a thing about you. West World and Mad Men are significantly smarter shows than Survivor and The Bachelor, they are doing different things and they aim to stimulate different parts of our intelligence. It is probably true that while the latter are accessible to everyone the former are not. But just because you don't like something smart doesn't make you dumb. What makes you dumb is if you think a smart show is uppity just because it loses you.

The only real stupidity is people who think that since they are colorblind the world is black and white.

I loathe ballet, but that doesn't mean ballet sucks, it means I just can't see that color.
                    What are you going on about? I mock your love of reality tv but I also admit I have equally bad taste. It is like mocking Scooby for his presidential predictions it is not to be taken seriously. The difference between you and me is you act like because you like a bunch of shows that are considered "smart" that makes your taste better. I believe all our tastes equally suck

Trust me nothing you watch could upset me in the least bit. I am laughing my *** off at all of you (well mostly people like bbdl) who think you are so high and mighty because you watch a bunch of 1 hour dramas where nothing happens for 50 minutes I mean I watch some of them too but that doesnt make me better, in fact I would argue it makes me a boring moron That is why I am not a snob.

See I will watch Mr. Robot and that is great, but I also will watch cheesy superhero fair like Arrow and The Flash because it is fun. I will watch House of Cards but also watch Psych and Burn Notice. I can watch Breaking Bad but also Big Bang Theory. And yeah I will even watch NCIS and other light network drama fare because it requires little or no brain power. It is what it is.

See I dont care what you watch or what you think about what I watch. I just like poking people who have a high opinion of their tastes because it gets on their nerves. I do the same with music and movies for the same reasons...because we all like dreck
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      See I will watch Mr. Robot and that is great, but I also will watch cheesy superhero fair like Arrow and The Flash because it is fun. I will watch House of Cards but also watch Psych and Burn Notice. I can watch Breaking Bad but also Big Bang Theory. And yeah I will even watch NCIS and other light network drama fare because it requires little or no brain power. It is what it is.

See I dont care what you watch or what you think about what I watch. I just like poking people who have a high opinion of their tastes because it gets on their nerves. I do the same with music and movies for the same reasons...because we all like dreck
                      OK, I thought you were being serious and genuinely p-ssy rather than just poking me as an old windbag. I fully respect and appreciate the latter. As you were.

Returning to current TV, the first two episodes of this season (21?) of South Park have been wonderful. "Put It Down" might be the hardest I've laughed since the Orangutan took office. It was pitch perfect.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It is like mocking Scooby for his presidential predictions it is not to be taken seriously.
                        Wait a minute here. What's that now?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Hey Kep...just a heads up but Jon Oliver destroyed your girl Megyn "I Am As Dumb As You Think I am" Kelly last night
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hey Kep...just a heads up but Jon Oliver destroyed your girl Megyn "I Am As Dumb As You Think I am" Kelly last night
                            Yes, he did. He also destroyed America's anti-trust enforcement.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's gonna be tough for me. Like watching mommy and daddy fighting.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm not entirely sure where the snob stuff came from. All I said was the bulk of broadcast television sucks. It does. If it makes you laugh or entertains you, I'm not going to judge you. I just think it's boring and I'm not going to watch. I think that's where most of us are coming from.
                                Exactly.

Watch it if you want, but you're not going to convince me that I should watch it. I personally think network stuff is trash for the most part. I have watched episodes of recent network TV, whenever I visit my parents, that's all they watch, so I know what it is like, and I know that I hate it.

And I was ripping on Maize because Maize is an idiot in general, not just because he has no taste in TV.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X