X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I was very surprised that the TV show "Major Crimes" moved one of their characters* into a "I want a gun and a concealed carry permit" theme on the show, even more so given the show's setting of Los Angeles.

*Young, white, gay male. The character was a witness against a now escaped serial killer and other folks associated with the case are coming up dead.
    I wasn't. One of my favorite shows. Sad to see it go after this season.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I wasn't. One of my favorite shows. Sad to see it go after this season.
      I'll miss Lt. Provenza (aka Lt (later Capt) Thaddeus Harris, aka Sgt Luther Rizzo)
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        I'll miss Lt. Provenza (aka Lt (later Capt) Thaddeus Harris, aka Sgt Luther Rizzo)
        Provenza is one of my fave TV characters of all time.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Yeah, that sucks.

Hollywood is burning. Allegation? You're done. Period.
          I'm ok with that. Sometimes, you need to scourge the earth to let it grow back better and stronger. If this is what it takes to out all the creeps and pervs, the abusers and those who prey on women and children, I'm ok with that.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Provenza is one of my fave TV characters of all time.
            I will take this occasion to highly recommend the movie Rustler's Rhapsody.

"Well, from now on, I'm the town root junkie."
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              I'm ok with that. Sometimes, you need to scourge the earth to let it grow back better and stronger. If this is what it takes to out all the creeps and pervs, the abusers and those who prey on women and children, I'm ok with that.
              Not sure a simple allegation and you're done is a good thing, though. Innocent until proven guilty? Remember that?

That being said, when you have a slew of allegations and such (Spacey, Weinstein, now Louis CK), alright, that's a big pattern. Lots of smoke there.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Not sure a simple allegation and you're done is a good thing, though. Innocent until proven guilty? Remember that?

That being said, when you have a slew of allegations and such (Spacey, Weinstein, now Louis CK), alright, that's a big pattern. Lots of smoke there.
                Louis admitted it was true today so let's not pretend some angry woman made it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Louis admitted it was true today so let's not pretend some angry woman made it up.
                  That's what I was saying.

If it's a simple allegation, nothing more, one should not be done until proven guilty. If there is a pattern (like the people I named) and/or it's proven...that's a different story.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That's what I was saying.

If it's a simple allegation, nothing more, one should not be done until proven guilty. If there is a pattern (like the people I named) and/or it's proven...that's a different story.
                    The pattern stuff is maddening. People have tried to tell the truth about Lois for years and were silenced. Republicans are defending a guy who is now admitting he dated girls under 18. Were now up to 130 young girls in USA gymnastics who were sexually abused. And yet some people don't believe it - sure gangs of women are colliding, agreeing to lie and have their names dragged through the mud

Comment

The pattern stuff is maddening. People have tried to tell the truth about Lois for years and were silenced. Republicans are defending a guy who is now admitting he dated girls under 18. Were now up to 130 young girls in USA gymnastics who were sexually abused. And yet some people don't believe it - sure gangs of women are colliding, agreeing to lie and have their names dragged through the mud
                      I'm not saying that. Please stop quoting me, where it appears I am saying that. Thank you.

Comment

I'm not saying that. Please stop quoting me, where it appears I am saying that. Thank you.
                        I didn't quote you to argue sorry. I gave my opinion on how the patterns are what make me crazy about this.
                        I don't think we disagree here...but I wasn't trying to argue with you

Comment

I didn't quote you to argue sorry. I gave my opinion on how the patterns are what make me crazy about this.
                          I don't think we disagree here...but I wasn't trying to argue with you
                          I just don't want to be mis-represented.

We don't disagree at all. However, I think we DO agree that the way these allegations are flying, some innocent people will be marked for life.

Comment

I admire that he just admitted it, but it is after he was forced to. The statement also never uses the word sorry or apologize. He does use the words remorse and regret, though. It really reads like "Yep, did it. Didn't think it was a big deal at the time. I was wrong. Whoops."

Too bad. He's a great writer. Expected better.

Truthfully though, even if it was an amazing apology it would have fallen on deaf ears. Which is warranted.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I just don't want to be mis-represented.

Sure does seem to happen to you a lot.

Comment

Just finished The Last Kingdom

Or at least the two seasons that they've done.

Loved it as did the wife.

Not saying it's better than GoT, but I enjoy it more.

Comment

Working...
                                X