This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Is that Stacey Farber? Last time I saw her, she was playing a junkie on Rookie Blue. Kinda looks a bit like Sandra Bullock there.

Yes, hawt. Figures you'd notice the ginger.
    It is indeed Stacey Farber aka Ellie Nash from Degrassi.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      PSU, as horrible as that was, was simply a case of employing a pedophile as a coach, and employing a head coach who was willing to cover up that fact. Sandusky could just as easily been diddling boys at the local gas station as a locker room. Other than their employment at PSU, there is no connection to the football program. Sandusky didn't rape little boys to advance the chances of the PSU football team.
      But other than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        It is indeed Stacey Farber aka Ellie Nash from Degrassi.
        Back when Degrassi was good. Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          Back when Degrassi was good. Nice.
          Degrassi jumped the shark when they killed off JT...
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Finished up ST2 tonight. Really, really liked it. My only qualm isn't even the clunker episode, which wasn't as much of a clunker as the reviews led me to believe.

It's MadMax's step brother. They must be setting him up for next season, but there was literally no point to his character this year. He didn't advance the plot at all, and had no character development whatsoever.

Overall, if Season One was an A+, this was an A-. More polished in some respects, but not as tightly put together and with enough minor quibbles to keep it from matching season one's near perfection.
            Last edited by unofan; 11-01-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Since we're all updating on ST2, I'm through episode 4 and still really loving it. I guess it can never be quite as good as season 1, but still up there. My only regret is I know there's only 4 more episodes left.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Since we're all updating on ST2, I'm through episode 4 and still really loving it. I guess it can never be quite as good as season 1, but still up there. My only regret is I know there's only 4 more episodes left.
                5. There are nine episodes.

I am finishing episode 9 now...if the rest of the episodes had been like 8 and 9 this season would have been an A just like season 1. Since it hasnt been like that I have it solidly in the B range. Still very enjoyable but extremely up and down. Episodes 1 and 2 are fun, 3-6 are pretty meh, 7 I enjoyed and 8-9 are killing it. Problem is they killed off the wrong new character and left the most worthless and annoying one around. (I wont spoil it)

I liken it to Mr. Robot S2 where the first half is just slow and plodding but once they get beyond the lame and boring it gets good fast.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ok episode 9 was awesome! Perfect end to the season and literally the end of the episode (the last 10 minutes or so) was all the charm of the first season that was missing in the second. The kids are the heart of the show.

I just wish a certain character hadnt been "Gale Bedekered". :/

uno,

The character you mentioned was just awful and served no purpose. He should have died...

Mad Max was a new character I both liked and hated at the same time. Something about her seemed forced but she was also kind of cool in the end.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 11-02-2017, 01:07 AM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sure. But in all of those scandals the school covers it up or fights the NCAA or battles on behalf of their program and coach.
                    Um that's exactly what happened at PSU. Had they not covered up Paterno covering it up they would have lost their King.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Um that's exactly what happened at PSU. Had they not covered up Paterno covering it up they would have lost their King.
                      Maybe I wasn't writing it clearly enough.

In all of the scandals referenced (Minnesota, PSU, UNC, SMU, current basketball scandal) there is always some sort of institutional cover-up, whether it's by the head coach or the AD or someone. That cover-up is done in a misguided attempt to protect the school or that particular athletic program. The school and the people covering it up should be punished by the NCAA for that.

My point was that with respect to additional punishment for the underlying offense, part of the analysis has to be whether the underlying offense was used to try to gain an advantage, or was it just something completely unrelated to the program. In the Minnesota and UNC cases the underlying offense was used to keep basketball players eligible to help the program. At SMU and in the current college basketball scandal, the underlying offense is the payment of money to attract star athletes to your program.

In all of those, the underlying offense was committed by coaches or boosters or some combo of the two to benefit the program.

At PSU, the underlying offense was the rape of children. Obviously that has to be punished severely by society through our criminal justice system, but I'm not sure that it calls for the dissolving or eradication of the football program as suggested by others. If Minnesota football players raped a girl, they need to be prosecuted, and they need to be kicked out of school. But I don't think the program itself should be suspended for that underlying offense.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

At PSU, the underlying offense was the rape of children. Obviously that has to be punished severely by society through our criminal justice system, but I'm not sure that it calls for the dissolving or eradication of the football program as suggested by others. If Minnesota football players raped a girl, they need to be prosecuted, and they need to be kicked out of school. But I don't think the program itself should be suspended for that underlying offense.
                        The fact is Paterno covered up significant crimes by one of his coaches and the school then covered up the cover up. They deserved to get slapped.

Let me put it to you this way to see if you can get more on board with the belief PSU deserved penalties.

If Paterno found out x years after the fact that Sandusky was a pederast and immediately sought to either have him prosecuted or at least exited from the program then PSU should come out unscathed. But that's not what happened.

Comment

W magazine has named its sexiest actresses. Charlize Theron is on the cover. The magazine listed 13-year old Millie Bobby Brown of Stranger Things.

13 years old.

Comment

Uh no bueno. Cringey
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Maybe I wasn't writing it clearly enough.

In all of the scandals referenced (Minnesota, PSU, UNC, SMU, current basketball scandal) there is always some sort of institutional cover-up, whether it's by the head coach or the AD or someone. That cover-up is done in a misguided attempt to protect the school or that particular athletic program. The school and the people covering it up should be punished by the NCAA for that.

My point was that with respect to additional punishment for the underlying offense, part of the analysis has to be whether the underlying offense was used to try to gain an advantage, or was it just something completely unrelated to the program. In the Minnesota and UNC cases the underlying offense was used to keep basketball players eligible to help the program. At SMU and in the current college basketball scandal, the underlying offense is the payment of money to attract star athletes to your program.

In all of those, the underlying offense was committed by coaches or boosters or some combo of the two to benefit the program.

Think Pedo State is known as Linebacker U if their defensive guru is serving life in prison? You think covering up that your defensive coordinator is a pedophile gives you a slight competitive edge? It is infinitely worse than the other scandals because children were abused at the hands of this monster and then it was covered up.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                W magazine has named its sexiest actresses. Charlize Theron is on the cover. The magazine listed 13-year old Millie Bobby Brown of Stranger Things.

13 years old.

Awful...especially in the current climate just flipping awful.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X