X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Somehow pedophilia is a grey area to our resident "intellectual elites."
    Or nobody's excusing or apologizing and the "think of the children" insane can't debate an idea without fully accepting it.

Nice little nod to anti-intellectualism there as a stinger in the tail. The New York Post approves.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Or nobody's excusing or apologizing and the "think of the children" insane can't debate an idea without fully accepting it.

Nice little nod to anti-intellectualism there as a stinger in the tail. The New York Post approves.

Debate what idea?

That a 26 year old should be able to try and get with a 14 year old?

Is that idea you believe is worth debating?

The irony of you is strong.

And you don't even see it, which is the best part.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        That a 26 year old should be able to try and get with a 14 year old?
        The case I have had in mind throughout has been in the 22 / 16 range. I don't know where 26 / 14 came from. If that's the Spacey case fine, hang him high. I don't care about the Spacey case at all, I have been talking about how what is by the letter of the law "statutory" was in fact constantly flaunted back in the day, with no apparent damage to anybody's precious little psyche.

Pedophilia is awful when we're talking about the real thing. When we use it to demonize the 22 / 16 case it's just the au current form of playing records backwards and hearing satanic messages. Those crusades make me very nervous, because they are an example of reification run amok.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          There still is. And now that school is already top 4 in the country in football. Minnesota Basketball was destroyed for more than a decade after a tutoring scandal.
          We're really talking about two different deeds, though.

In a case like SMU football, MN basketball, the b.s. at UNC, and now all the rest of this stuff in college basketball that's come out in the last couple of months, the program should take a huge hit. They are cheating to advance the program, either by getting better players or keeping them eligible by cheating academically.

PSU, as horrible as that was, was simply a case of employing a pedophile as a coach, and employing a head coach who was willing to cover up that fact. Sandusky could just as easily been diddling boys at the local gas station as a locker room. Other than their employment at PSU, there is no connection to the football program. Sandusky didn't rape little boys to advance the chances of the PSU football team.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

In a case like SMU football, MN basketball, the b.s. at UNC, and now all the rest of this stuff in college basketball that's come out in the last couple of months, the program should take a huge hit. They are cheating to advance the program, either by getting better players or keeping them eligible by cheating academically.

PSU, as horrible as that was, was simply a case of employing a pedophile as a coach, and employing a head coach who was willing to cover up that fact. Sandusky could just as easily been diddling boys at the local gas station as a locker room. Other than their employment at PSU, there is no connection to the football program. Sandusky didn't rape little boys to advance the chances of the PSU football team.
            BS. They kept everything hidden because of the lucrative and high profile nature of the football program. The two are intrinsically linked. PEDO state should have been sanctioned into the stone age.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ooops.

Comment

BS. They kept everything hidden because of the lucrative and high profile nature of the football program. The two are intrinsically linked. PEDO state should have been sanctioned into the stone age.
                What about unc bball, They got nothing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Bob Newby is awesome.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Done with off topic BS.

Major Crimes came back last night. One of my favorite shows of all time. Lieutenant Provenza for the win. They labeled it the Final Season so I guess it's going to be done. I heard they were going to end it last season with the epic ending they had there, but now it looks like they're bringing back the key villain from the series and wrapping that up which should be awesome.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sure. But in all of those scandals the school covers it up or fights the NCAA or battles on behalf of their program and coach. Every single one of those events has that in common. Some assistant does something illegal. The head coach learns about it and turns a blind eye. A whistleblower comes forward. None of the events we've talked about skip any of those steps.

But then you have to look at the underlying conduct, the punishment to be given out to the person doing it, and the punishment to the program.

If the underlying conduct was done to help the program, you have to lay the punishment on the program even more than if it's unrelated.

Let's say an assistant coach at one school sexually assaults a local stripper in town. The head coach helps cover it up. Yeah, I think there should be some punishment to the head coach and school for covering it up, and there should be a lot of punishment to the guy who committed the act, but I don't think you give the death penalty to the program.

On the other hand, let's say that same assistant hands a 4-star recruit and his poor family $50,000 to come to the school and play. Head coach learns of it and covers it up.

In terms of what you do to the program, I say it should be severe. But do we lock up the assistant in prison for 5 years like if he committed sexual assault?

For each event, including PSU, you need to look to see what punishment should be handed to the perp, and what punishment is appropriate for the program. Just because society requires us to lock up the perp for the rest of his life doesn't mean we also have to lock up the program.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Bob rules!!
                        I like when he asked if the "X" meant that was where the pirate treasure was

(If you know who plays Bob it will make you smile)
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          So is it bad form to mention the redhead in the Wells Fargo commercial who was on Degrassi?
                          Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          If it stops people from talking about stalking teenage girls, go for it.
                          That depends, how old is she?

I'm going to need to YouTube for that commercial...
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            That depends, how old is she?

I'm going to need to YouTube for that commercial...
                            https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wyvw/wells-f...ctivity-alerts

Watch it muted because obvs. Both she and the cat are completely beautiful.

Last edited by Kepler; 11-01-2017, 11:28 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Mike McQueary watched a little boy get raped by a coach in a Penn State shower and still signed his name to this and sent it to every recruit in the country the day Michigan got sanctioned by the NCAA for an extra 15 minutes of stretching: http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-...letter-2011-11

They covered up and ignored one of the worst crimes imaginable for years because they thought it would give them an advantage to win football games. Their scumbag coach taking the E-ZPass to Hell shouldn't excuse that. They should have been burned to the ground until there was no trace of there ever being a football program at Penn State.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Is that Stacey Farber? Last time I saw her, she was playing a junkie on Rookie Blue. Kinda looks a bit like Sandra Bullock there.

Yes, hawt. Figures you'd notice the ginger.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X