X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Is he the puppet guy?
    Yeah. The hits he had were a bit edgier than I remember him rolling with. The misses were jokes that you saw coming a mile away; either cliched or just that obvious.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Marvel's Inhumans. Not good. Even Ramsey Bolton and Serinda Swan's boobs cannot make this enjoyable to watch.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I've pulled the plug on Orville. Lazy, dumb tripe.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm not seeing the humor in Orville either. Despite that, I'll keep watching it, and Inhumans. Because, Serinda Swan's boobs. Inhumans is only 8 parts, I believe, and two have already aired, and Orville won't be on air much longer.

Comment

Orville is one of those shows where I was going to let everyone else go in on the front lines.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Larry David is back! Solid season premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Orville is one of those shows where I was going to let everyone else go in on the front lines.
                So far it's one of the most average shows I've ever seen.

if MacFarlane can get four seasons out of the Cleveland Show, one of the worst shows I've ever seen, he can surely get Fox to at least agree to a second season.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

if MacFarlane can get four seasons out of the Cleveland Show, one of the worst shows I've ever seen, he can surely get Fox to at least agree to a second season.
                  A better spinoff would have been Quagmire.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I will say, they handled the transgender issue better than most serious shows have.

But yeah, for every joke that lands there are 2 or 3 that are just groaners, and then mixing in the attempts at seriousness just lead to awkward transitions. Imagine if Picard told a fart joke during the middle of the trial in the McCarthyism episode, for instance.

Comment

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

And it's like the comedy, and I use that term loosely in regards to this show, aspect of the show is simply a vehicle to pound the viewer over the head with Mcfarlane's take on the hot social issues of the day.

Either be funny, or be preachy. you can't be both.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        And it's like the comedy, and I use that term loosely in regards to this show, aspect of the show is simply a vehicle to pound the viewer over the head with Mcfarlane's take on the hot social issues of the day.

Either be funny, or be preachy. you can't be both.
                        Good satire can do both. Just ask George Carlin.

Comment

The Gifted was fantastic. Best Marvel TV Show premiere I've ever seen. And I've pretty much hated the X-Men stuff since movie 2.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            The Gifted was fantastic. Best Marvel TV Show premiere I've ever seen. And I've pretty much hated the X-Men stuff since movie 2.
                            Hmm. OK, I'll give it a whirl. Based on Legion and American Gods it is possible to do a good comic book series.

The previews made it look like dreck, but that's about trying to maximize eye balls.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Good satire can do both. Just ask George Carlin.
                              And John Oliver. And Lin-Manuel Miranda. And Stephen Colbert. And Samanatha Bee. And John Stewart. And Eugene Hütz. And Armando Iannucci. And Richard Pryor. And Frank Zappa. And Al Franken. And Robert Altman. And Bill Hicks. And Terry Southern. And Kurt Vonnegut. And Lenny Bruce. And Joseph Heller. And Mort Sahl. And Peter George. And Sidney Buchman. And Billy Wilder. And Charlie Chaplin. And Mark Twain. And Nikolai Gogol. And Voltaire. And Rabelais. And Catullus. And Aristophanes.

It is absolutely possible to be both funny and preachy. All you need is 99th percentile intelligence and talent. How hard can that be?
                              Last edited by Kepler; 10-03-2017, 09:49 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Speaking of good comedy The Opposition on Comedy Central is worth a chance if anyone has time. I'm enjoying it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X