X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    That explains why you're so enamored of it. To me, it's just sorta "been there, done that". Not to mention, nothing new in the 'sentinels hunt for mutants' story.

But then, I'm old and cynical.
    Well, it is a classic story admittedly. It has some Person of Interest in it for example. The way Person of Interest did it was better and more original. I guess people are bored with the superhero thing but I haven't hit the wall yet. This storyline with the X-Men is good and the TV show does it better than the movies ever did so that's probably why I like it so far. Still, if they keep down some certain paths too long I'll get annoyed eventually.

For originality in the comic book realm Gotham is still the gold standard.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I never watched Heroes.
      Heroes was awesome...until they got a second season. They built the entire first season building up to a fight and then, because they were coming back, wussed out on the fight and set up season 2. It was so disappointing it was painful.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Heroes was awesome...until the S.1 finale
        Fixed that for you. Heroes went from excellent to awful in one episode. Very impressive.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          For originality in the comic book realm Gotham is still the gold standard.
          Misfits. They are working on an American remake that will probably ruin it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Fixed that for you. Heroes went from excellent to awful in one episode. Very impressive.
            Right that is the point. If the show was only getting one season that finale would have been epic. (they could not have threaded the storylines any better) Instead they got renewed by NBC when ratings were awesome and had no clue how to continue it so they had to scrap the original plan (save the cheerleader, save the world became ultimately worthless since Jesse from Gilmore Girls and Faux Spock barely went at it) and water down the finale and go with some other stupid plan for season 2. I watched 2 episodes of season 2 and quit. If the writers had any brains they would have finished the season outright the way it was and then tease season 2.

It is kind of funny when that happens...it is also sad.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Awesome line from DC's Legends of Tomorrow last night.

"Absolutely not. I refuse to set foot on the Titanic. Whoever built that ship should be shot!!"

Spoken by Victor Garber, who played Titanic designer Thomas Andrews in the movie.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Awesome line from DC's Legends of Tomorrow last night.

"Absolutely not. I refuse to set foot on the Titanic. Whoever built that ship should be shot!!"

Spoken by Victor Garber, who played Titanic designer Thomas Andrews in the movie.

I havent watched yet but that show makes me smile. It is so ridiculous and fun
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

One more episode of Mindhunter. I really like this show.

Also, this week’s episode of The Deuce was much better.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    One more episode of Mindhunter. I really like this show.

Also, this week’s episode of The Deuce was much better.
                    The ending is a great setup for S2.

Edit: crap you like it. That means it'll be cancelled soon.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It was already approved for 2 seasons so he is fine...for now!!
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        It was already approved for 2 seasons so he is fine...for now!!
                        They can cancel it mid-season....at a key moment...
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So, holy sh-t finale of Preacher S.2. I think I need a drink.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Why?
                            https://wtop.com/tv/2017/10/discover...after-5-years/

Why II??
                            https://wtop.com/tv/2017/10/family-o...animal-planet/
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I stopped being the angel of tv death years ago when I stopped watching ****ty tv.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                They can cancel it mid-season....at a key moment...
                                Its a Netflix show so no they cant...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X