This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Finished ep 4 of Man Hunter. Yeah, digging the show. Not ZOMGBBQ but so worth a watch. The actress who plays Tabby is great. Leah Remini-like.
    Sand snake.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Rick and Morty's co-creator has had enough of trolls harassing the show's female writers.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/21/rick-morty-dan-harmon-female-writers/
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Just watched episodes 2 and 3 of DuckTales. I'm loving this show already. A great mix of funny gags, good character development, and a nice season long arc with Dewey trying to find out about the triplets Mom.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Going back to the Futurama stuff from the last thread, here's a YouTube link that discusses 10 facts (click bait, yes), but it clues in on a few jokes I never knew, including the 2 secret language/alphabets.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I agree with Handy. Sue me but I sometimes just want to relax veg with The Goldbergs, Fresh Off The Boat, Shark Tank, Top Chef and Brooklyn 9-9 to go along with Atlanta, People of Earth, Westworld, Fargo, Brockmire, Goliath, The Americans...

btw if those of you in the States can find a way to view Gomorrah (2 seasons so far, #3 starts in Nov) or Berlin Station (1 with #2 next month) I highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I agree with Handy. Sue me but I sometimes just want to relax veg with The Goldbergs, Fresh Off The Boat, Shark Tank, Top Chef and Brooklyn 9-9 to go along with Atlanta, People of Earth, Westworld, Fargo, Brockmire, Goliath, The Americans...

btw if those of you in the States can find a way to view Gomorrah (2 seasons so far, #3 starts in Nov) or Berlin Station (1 with #2 next month) I highly recommend.
              Gomorrah is on Sundance, and also Netflix. I agree it is good.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Seems appropriate for this discussion: http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/the...ows-1818669264
                Hah that is brilliant!

Plus he is right...Blanche was definitely horny!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm not entirely sure where the snob stuff came from. All I said was the bulk of broadcast television sucks. It does. If it makes you laugh or entertains you, I'm not going to judge you. I just think it's boring and I'm not going to watch. I think that's where most of us are coming from.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Why dont you read what everyone else is saying...not everything is about you
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I disagree. 😜
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So, on Price is Right on September 22: On the Big Wheel spin, all 3 contestants got $1.00 for $10,000. Everybody spins again. Two contestants got $1.00 for $25,000. The next contestant narrowly missed.

http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article/news/nation-world/price-is-right-made-history-and-everyone-lost-their-minds/477869243
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          So, on Price is Right on September 22: On the Big Wheel spin, all 3 contestants got $1.00 for $10,000. Everybody spins again. Two contestants got $1.00 for $25,000. The next contestant narrowly missed.

http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article/...inds/477869243
                          Didnt all 3 get a dollar a few months ago as well?
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Didnt all 3 get a dollar a few months ago as well?
                            Per the Google, the last time all 3 contestants got $ on the Wheel was 2016. But it was a combination of spins. And none of them got $1 on the next spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

The difference between Handy and me is I don't care what TV shows you like or why. I listed the shows I like. That made him irate. That's his problem and has nothing to do with me.

I like Survivor and The Bachelor. I know they're stupid but I still like them. Handy makes cracks about that as defining my taste. Again, that's his problem.

You can like anything you want; it doesn't mean a thing about you. West World and Mad Men are significantly smarter shows than Survivor and The Bachelor, they are doing different things and they aim to stimulate different parts of our intelligence. It is probably true that while the latter are accessible to everyone the former are not. But just because you don't like something smart doesn't make you dumb. What makes you dumb is if you think a smart show is uppity just because it loses you.

The only real stupidity is people who think that since they are colorblind the world is black and white.

I loathe ballet, but that doesn't mean ballet sucks, it means I just can't see that color.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 09-24-2017, 05:08 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you.

Comment

Working...
                                X