X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Good for them to catch these things at the heart of their popularity.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Dollars to doughnuts it ends up on the Disney Streaming Service.

Comment

X Files:

Campy Monster Of The Week episode. Injected a bit of political commentary, also. Ugh. The show evolved to something smarter than that, and while I don't mind the once-in-a-while camp ep, it's been a couple weeks now away from what it evolved into. And I didn't like the pol stuff, only because I watch shows like this to escape from the real world. Don't need to be reminded of it.

That being said, it was a decent MOTW ep, and glad to see that next week we get back to the main reason the show came back.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

WWE charges hundreds for tickets to watch event on TVs.

To quote CM Punk: “Vince McMahon is a millionaire who should be a billionaire.”
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

So White Bear was...something.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I hate Mindy Kaling there I said it.

Also: PKD's Electric Dreams is "Black Mirror for Stupid People."
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                X Files
                Dr. Mrs. was so excited for S11 because she had never seen any of the show (young people, sheesh), so we sat down to watch 11.1 and... Jesus that sh-tshow was embarrassing. It was almost as bad as introducing my GF of the time to James Burke after a huge build up with the execrable Connections 2.

I have begged her to hang on for one more episode, so there's a lot riding on 11.2. All I ask is basic competence, Chris.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Dr. Mrs. was so excited for S11 because she had never seen any of the show (young people, sheesh), so we sat down to watch 11.1 and... Jesus that sh-tshow was embarrassing. It was almost as bad as introducing my GF of the time to James Burke after a huge build up with the execrable Connections 2.

I have begged her to hang on for one more episode, so there's a lot riding on 11.2. All I ask is basic competence, Chris.
                  If one has never seen the show until now, one won't get ANYTHING out of the "main" story due to all the complexities/context/etc of the past, IMO.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Been working my way through the first two seasons Breaking Bad over the past 10 days or so...

I think the shock value of the show has been sacrificed because I'm aware of the show's pop culture presence Just knowing Walter White is a badass meth dealer takes the edge off

I need to not be 10 years behind the times
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Been working my way through the first two seasons Breaking Bad over the past 10 days or so...

I think the shock value of the show has been sacrificed because I'm aware of the show's pop culture presence Just knowing Walter White is a badass meth dealer takes the edge off

I need to not be 10 years behind the times
                      Appreciate the acting and complexity of the story. There are some scenes (one in particular, and you haven't seen it yet) that every acting class should show, because it's pure stone-cold making you fully 100% believe that the characters are actually real people.

For those who have seen the show, the particular scene I'm talking about:
                      The "Half-Measures" speech from Mike to Walter. It's just dam chilling, and I still revisit it from time to time.

Comment

Agreed about the acting. A's all around for almost the entire cast. I was just speaking more towards the story. The basic fact that the show carries a "soft-R" rating for basic cable is meh today, but was more groundbreaking in 2008. An ATM to the face was easily seen from a mile away just now. Not sure I would have predicted that originally. Times have shifted.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Agreed about the acting. A's all around for almost the entire cast. I was just speaking more towards the story. The basic fact that the show carries a "soft-R" rating for basic cable is meh today, but was more groundbreaking in 2008. An ATM to the face was easily seen from a mile away just now. Not sure I would have predicted that originally. Times have shifted.
                          As for the story, there'll still be some "holy sh*" moments. Just wait.

Comment

While stuck at home for the next nine days following shoulder surgery, I'm re-watching some shows. Battlestar Galactica (2004) giong now. Still not done with season 1.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              While stuck at home for the next nine days following shoulder surgery, I'm re-watching some shows. Battlestar Galactica (2004) giong now. Still not done with season 1.
                              Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X