This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    And that's IF Ryan or Turtle Boy even allows it on the floor. Not likely.
    My understanding is McConnell has to allow it on the floor so long as it gets enough support, since it was one of those "stick it to the libs" bills (because all regulations are inherently liberal or something) that they didn't think would ever be used against them.

No clue about Ryan, though.

Comment

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      You know there's no answer to the Government conspiracy, right? That's the point. If this season doesn't cliffhang like all the others than it fails. That's the point.
      Just asking for some closure on Cancer Man, Mulder, and Scully. Of course the Government will march on their merry way without those players; I get that part of it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the debut of Breaking Bad.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Sometimes the first episode of a series sets the table a bit and introduces some of the characters, but in terms of plot can be pretty dull because they're setting you up for the meat a few episodes in.

The first episode of BB was intense as hell and immediately had me going to the next episode to see what happens next.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Ah, the incredible tale of a mild-mannered high school science teacher who slowly morphs into a magical wizard.

(The pilot and first few seasons are terrific though.)
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Comment

Kep, et al

I'm sorry. Truly am. But I couldn't resist.

https://www.westernjournal.com/chip-...hip-tim-tebow/
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Kep, et al

I'm sorry. Truly am. But I couldn't resist.

https://www.westernjournal.com/chip-...hip-tim-tebow/
                  I'm not bothered by Tebow because (a) his foundation does good work and (b) What Even Matters Anymore?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So I finally finished all 5 seasons of OITNB...if Season 3 and half of Season 4 hadnt been a meandering mess the show would be one of my all time faves. The last part of 4 (especially the last 3 episodes or so) and all of Season 5 were just awesome!
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      So I finally finished all 5 seasons of OITNB...if Season 3 and half of Season 4 hadnt been a meandering mess the show would be one of my all time faves. The last part of 4 (especially the last 3 episodes or so) and all of Season 5 were just awesome!
                      S1 is in my top 10 for best seasons of scripted TV all-time.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        S1 is in my top 10 for best seasons of scripted TV all-time.
                        Season 3 was so awful the only reason I hate watched it was because I was sick and quit my day job so I had time to kill. I have no clue what they were thinking.

I agree S1 is amazing but I think I like S5 better. Each episode is a rollercoaster and by the end I felt I had watched 2 seasons.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Season 3 was so awful the only reason I hate watched it was because I was sick and quit my day job so I had time to kill. I have no clue what they were thinking.
                          S1 was amazing.
                          S2 was meh.
                          S3 I quit after just the first couple episodes.

Never saw anything past that wall. I might pick up the last season and watch the show like Star Wars, with S3-4 like the prequels.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            S1 was amazing.
                            S2 was meh.
                            S3 I quit after just the first couple episodes.

Never saw anything past that wall. I might pick up the last season and watch the show like Star Wars, with S3-4 like the prequels.
                            Watch 4 or 5 wont make sense. It starts slow but by the end you will be happy you did. The last quarter of 4 is just non-stop crazy.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Who's looking forward to The Alienist tonight?

TBS had a sneak preview last night after the SAG awards, which I assumed was gonna be a clip and interviews show, but once I started watching it, apparently was an early look at tonight's first episode. Watched the first few minutes, and it looks good, but I didn't want to kep watching cause I couldn't sit down and really watch. I'll watch it later when I can devote my full attention to it.

Truth be told, I bought the book years ago when it first came out, just based on the plot description, but I've never gotten around to read it. So I'm really interested in what this series will do.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

God No! Please no!!!

https://www.bardown.com/good-news-mi...works-1.975364
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X