X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    One episode into The Crown and it’s quite good.
    One of the best series on "television" today. Fairly accurate with the history, though they do take a few liberties.

Comment

For those with Hulu, ER just started streaming. It is the first time that series has ever been available to stream on any service.

Comment

Woohoo! Loved that series when it first ran. Since moving to Chicagoland, the references make a whole lot more sense. And less sense in how they mixed up locations and cross streets.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

In addition to ER and Animaniacs Hulu now has Tiny Tunes, Pinky and the Brain and Elmira, Pinky and the Brain. They also have the Tiny Tunes Halloween and spring break specials.

I was searching for a site to watch the Australian Open and found that the Hulu Live TV package now streams my local NBC, ABC and Fox affiliates so I signed us up for that ($40 instead of $8) so we can get local news and weather. We live just outside the range for our antenna to reliably get NBC, and ABC isn't even close. If only Live TV was an option on the PS4 it would be perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            I was searching for a site to watch the Australian Open and found that the Hulu Live TV package now streams my local NBC, ABC and Fox affiliates so I signed us up for that ($40 instead of $8) so we can get local news and weather. We live just outside the range for our antenna to reliably get NBC, and ABC isn't even close. If only Live TV was an option on the PS4 it would be perfect.
            Don't you have DirecTV? Are your local stations available through them? Or do you need a waiver from each station to claim that you don't receive a strong enough signal? If that's the case, Hulu might be the better route.

My family for years had the national broadcasts on DirecTV, but was blocked from the NBC feeds because our "local" NBC station claimed an antenna was good enough for us, even though the PBS station and CBS repeater (same signal strength and range, on the same ****ing tower) granted the waivers.
            Last edited by aparch; 01-16-2018, 08:14 AM.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

One episode into The Crown and it’s quite good.
              I watched one episode. Can't argue with its quality, but it really just didn't interest me, and I quit watching.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I thought episode two was much better than episode one. Just goes to the overall quality of the show.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Don't you have DirecTV? Are your local stations available through them? Or do you need a waiver from each station to claim that you don't receive a strong enough signal? If that's the case, Hulu might be the better route.

My family for years had the national broadcasts on DirecTV, but was blocked from the NBC feeds because our "local" NBC station claimed an antenna was good enough for us, even though the PBS station and CBS repeater (same signal strength and range, on the same ****ing tower) granted the waivers.
                  I cut the cord years ago. Trimmed my monthly bill by 60%. I'm fortunate to have a competitor for Xfinity Internet, and I use AT&T for my mobile. No landline. I use Roku and PS4 to access Amazon, Netflix and Hulu along with dozens of other streaming services. Local stations were a pain. In the living room we can get CBS and Fox and occasionally NBC. In our bedrooms we can't access anything. Hulu is the first to offer our locals over streaming service. None of the others have our locals. I think with PS Vue I'd get "local" stations from NYC.

With Net Neutrality going away I could be majorly screwed though.

Comment

Democrats claimed they have 50 votes to overrule the fcc.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Democrats claimed they have 50 votes to overrule the fcc.
                      That and $5 will get them a small cup of coffee. Even if they find at least 40 votes in the House it will still get vetoed by President Cheeto.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I watched one episode. Can't argue with its quality, but it really just didn't interest me, and I quit watching.
                        It gets better. I honestly could not care less about the subject matter, but it gets good about 4 episodes into S2. Much of it is just People dreck for broodsows but that's how you finance a show.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I’m officially hooked on Black Mirror on Netflix.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            That and $5 will get them a small cup of coffee. Even if they find at least 40 votes in the House it will still get vetoed by President Cheeto.
                            And that's IF Ryan or Turtle Boy even allows it on the floor. Not likely.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Two weeks in a row, X-Files shows why I love it but also am frustrated by it. Have the main Gov't plotline, doing a certain thing is OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE ZOMGWTeFFBBQ! but here's two episodes that has nothing to do with the main plotline, b/c hey, Mulder and Scully have some free time on their hands. And next week's preview looks to be more of the same. Decent episodes, but JFC, this IS the last season with Gillian Anderson, you should really make it count.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Two weeks in a row, X-Files shows why I love it but also am frustrated by it. Have the main Gov't plotline, doing a certain thing is OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE ZOMGWTeFFBBQ! but here's two episodes that has nothing to do with the main plotline, b/c hey, Mulder and Scully have some free time on their hands. And next week's preview looks to be more of the same. Decent episodes, but JFC, this IS the last season with Gillian Anderson, you should really make it count.
                                You know there's no answer to the Government conspiracy, right? That's the point. If this season doesn't cliffhang like all the others than it fails. That's the point.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X