This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: There She Is, The Old Radiation King

Mayans MC is confirmed. I am beyond excited.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Saw a bunch more Black Mirrors. Updated grades. - is not yet seen. Bold are brilliant.

Code:
      11 B National Anthem
      12 A Fifteen Million Merits
      13 A The Entire History of You
      21 - Be Right Back
      22 A White Bear
      23 - The Waldo Moment
      S1 A White Christmas
      31 - Nosedive
      32 C Playtest
      33 - Shut Up and Dance
      34 A San Junipero
      35 - Men Against Fire
      36 - Hated in the Nation
      41 A USS Callister
      42 - Arkangel
      43 B Crocodile
      44 A Hang the DJ
      45 A Metalhead
      46 A Black Museum
      I caught up on a few of these over the weekend. I will tell you that Nosedive is going to strike a little too close to home for a few Facebook or Twitter users, or even those monitoring Reputation around here.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Animaniacs really was awful. Even Pinky and the Brain on rewatch weren’t as good as I remember.
        I loved Animaniacs. It was one that I'd actually watch with the nephew and truly be entertained. A few of the recurring characters didn't hit home with me, but the Yacko, Wacko and Dot skits were great right along with Pinky & the Brain.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          I caught up on a few of these over the weekend. I will tell you that Nosedive is going to strike a little too close to home for a few Facebook or Twitter users, or even those monitoring Reputation around here.
          I loved "Nosedive." Another A.

I'm not sure about "Be Right Back." Still processing it. The ending creeped me out. Provisional B.

Only 5 to go, now. I'm taking them slow so I have things to look forward to besides the tedious wait for death.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm not sure about "Be Right Back." Still processing it. The ending creeped me out. Provisional B.

Only 5 to go, now. I'm taking them slow so I have things to look forward to besides the tedious wait for death.
            It is kind of funny how you can see different people's rankings of the episodes, either here or in other online lists. I'll look at the lists and see their top 5 and think that two of those definitely belong in the top 5, and the other 3 are probably the worst three episodes. It's kind of how I remember The Twilight Zone. Some episodes I'd think were spectacular, and others were "huh?"
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              It is kind of funny how you can see different people's rankings of the episodes, either here or in other online lists. I'll look at the lists and see their top 5 and think that two of those definitely belong in the top 5, and the other 3 are probably the worst three episodes. It's kind of how I remember The Twilight Zone. Some episodes I'd think were spectacular, and others were "huh?"
              I think Black Mirror is like that because it has an emotional aspect. Twilight Zone was cerebral -- the characters did not involve me and they did not have any dimensions (see what I did there..?). Black Mirror is like Westworld: the characters are filled out and easy to identify with and internalize. They are almost too close. It's amazing that they have characters that well done and yet the show is not a disappointment. Most movies with well-written characters drive me crazy because the stupidity of the resolution is such an offensive, lazy betrayal.

It's a risk to make your audience care.
              Last edited by Kepler; 01-08-2018, 01:19 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I still appreciate the ones I really disliked, which I can’t say about a lot of shows.
                Shut up and dance was a rough one to watch, although Bronn from GoT is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Our afternoons in college were Tiny Tunes, Animaniacs, X-Men and Batman: the Animated Series.
                  Where did you attend - St. Cloud State?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Ouch, man. Accurate, but ouch.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Ouch, man. Accurate, but ouch.
                      Was in jest - I'm feeling a bit snarky today.

Comment

This was for entertainment, not for credit. Although that would have been awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          This was for entertainment, not for credit. Although that would have been awesome.
                          Haha.

Comment

That was our afternoons at tUMD, but also add some Star Trek Next Generation reruns.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Watched "The Toys That Made Us" on Netflix. The stories behind GI Joe, He-Man, Barbie, and Star Wars figures. Pretty interesting on how luck and general timing unfolded.

Comment

Was home sick today, so watched all 5 episodes of Big Pacific from my DVR. Really, really cool and beautifully done, and tons of interesting info and things never captured before. I watched a sea anemone eat a bird. I skipped over the Snake Island segment, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X