• Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
    yay, we win...
    Seriously where has that team been?????
    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

From McMann's story http://www.themackreport.com/news/no...g-in-army-win/

Hope one of the guys on punishment was Seney. Kid spent more time in the box than on the ice last week.

Some of the offending players last weekend were on locker room cleaning duty this week, according to Dennehy.

“There are some punitive parts to it,” he said. “There might have been some locker room duty for some guys. We can’t let (undisciplined play) go unnoticed. We have to address it right away. We needed to play with more discipline and we did that tonight, which is a good sign because that’s a hard team to play against.”
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Anyone know where I can purchase a Merrimack Jersey with the "MC" on the front like they use to wear? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
          Anyone know where I can purchase a Merrimack Jersey with the "MC" on the front like they use to wear? Thanks
          I'd say the bookstore or its online page would be your only shot. But the school seems to be pushing this crest idea hard. I'm lukewarm on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            I'd say the bookstore or its online page would be your only shot. But the school seems to be pushing this crest idea hard. I'm lukewarm on it.
            I'm ice cold on it. Looks like something from a Swedish Men's league. You're not exactly the most recognized name in college hockey, and now you're going to make yourselves even MORE anonymous? My Marketing prof is rolling over in his grave! (or perhaps rolling his eyes )
            On another note, unexpected nice win up at Lake Whitt. Thought we might see a repeat of the PC game after the 'Cats scored 2 early in the 3rd, but they held on. Not in the basement anymore!!
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

We're #10!! We're #10!!!!
              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                I'm ice cold on it. Looks like something from a Swedish Men's league. You're not exactly the most recognized name in college hockey, and now you're going to make yourselves even MORE anonymous? My Marketing prof is rolling over in his grave! (or perhaps rolling his eyes )
                On another note, unexpected nice win up at Lake Whitt. Thought we might see a repeat of the PC game after the 'Cats scored 2 early in the 3rd, but they held on. Not in the basement anymore!!
                They used to be available upon request at the bookstore - I don't think they're available online.. you have to actually ask the person working to see if they have any in the back. I personally love the away blues.

D1 update - I've heard that the NEC has postponed their vote which would have included the decision to add MC I still think it's pretty much a done deal, though.. just an administrative hiccup..... hopefully

Comment

I think we should all Pat ourselves on the back for providing bulletin board material to the kids leading up to this weekend.

Was in attendance up in the Seacoast. Aside from having the fish thrown before I even got to my seat, good first period (combined with a pretty awful performance by Tirone and co).

They very nearly ****ed it away. I think we saw some of the lack of discipline that coach had talked about recently start to creep in in the second period. And late in the third, UNH nearly had a puck that went probably 3/4 across the line, gently bouncing off the post that really should have been the thing goal. I guess this is that "puck luck" MacMahon always talks about.

8 goals on the weekend - good lookin! When's the last time they did that?

How bout we grab a point from Northeastern next weekend as a Christmas send-off before the inevitable drubbing out in Denver?

P.S. It appears they serve beer now at the Whitt! If so, big win for Hockey East and really America as a whole.
                  Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 12-10-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Nice win!
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

I think we should all Pat ourselves on the back for providing bulletin board material to the kids leading up to this weekend.

Was in attendance up in the Seacoast. Aside from having the fish thrown before I even got to my seat, good first period (combined with a pretty awful performance by Tirone and co).

They very nearly ****ed it away. I think we saw some of the lack of discipline that coach had talked about recently start to creep in in the second period. And late in the third, UNH nearly had a puck that went probably 3/4 across the line, gently bouncing off the post that really should have been the thing goal. I guess this is that "puck luck" MacMahon always talks about.

8 goals on the weekend - good lookin! When's the last time they did that?

How bout we grab a point from Northeastern next weekend as a Christmas send-off before the inevitable drubbing out in Denver?

P.S. It appears they serve beer now at the Whitt! If so, big win for Hockey East and really America as a whole.
                      Gutsy, well played game by you guys congrats on your weekend. Glad the 'Whitt finally did what many of us hoped Good luck the rest of the way...
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I saw Merrimack play NU twice last weekend, so I can't say that I'm surprised. Those folks who have posted that your team is one of the worst in the country really don't have a clue. You have size on D and up front, pretty good goaltending, and several guys who can (almost) score and are owed some puck luck. You defended us well, but were waylaid by one talented, but out of control player, who shall remain Seneless, and by a couple of other bonehead penalties. I'll be surprised if you don't move up into the middle of the pack and earn home ice in the Octofinals.
                        Just remember to start your streak after the New Year

Comment

And late in the third, UNH nearly had a puck that went probably 3/4 across the line, gently bouncing off the post that really should have been the thing goal. I guess this is that "puck luck" MacMahon always talks about.
                          Boy was that close. The game could have easily been a blow out. I think the Warriors hit 3 or 4 posts/crossbars when they were up 4-1. I believe they reviewed a couple of those. Nice win.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            I saw Merrimack play NU twice last weekend, so I can't say that I'm surprised. Those folks who have posted that your team is one of the worst in the country really don't have a clue. You have size on D and up front, pretty good goaltending, and several guys who can (almost) score and are owed some puck luck. You defended us well, but were waylaid by one talented, but out of control player, who shall remain Seneless, and by a couple of other bonehead penalties. I'll be surprised if you don't move up into the middle of the pack and earn home ice in the Octofinals.
                            Just remember to start your streak after the New Year
                            your assessments are exactly why some of us are frustrated with this regime. We DON'T think we're the worst in the country - the opposite..we know this is a talented group of players..but for the majority of this season we've played like one of the worst teams. That's why its so frustrating. We've been saying we're "owed puck luck" for the last decade, we always have a good goalie, and we always defend well. It's a same story every year.
                            I'm just as happy we've won 2 straight as anybody.. our gripe is that, like you said, maybe we'll go on a run and finish mid-bottom standings... we're sick of that.. we shouldn't be happy with that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
                              your assessments are exactly why some of us are frustrated with this regime. We DON'T think we're the worst in the country - the opposite..we know this is a talented group of players..but for the majority of this season we've played like one of the worst teams. That's why its so frustrating. We've been saying we're "owed puck luck" for the last decade, we always have a good goalie, and we always defend well. It's a same story every year.
                              I'm just as happy we've won 2 straight as anybody.. our gripe is that, like you said, maybe we'll go on a run and finish mid-bottom standings... we're sick of that.. we shouldn't be happy with that anymore.
                              Bingo!
                              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Getting a point against a very good NU team (#8 in the country), not a awful way to finish the 1st half. 2-0-1 in the last three. Will be tough at Denver, but hey, who knows.
                                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X