Merrimack College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

not hockey - but a reply to the conversation on transitioning to Division 1. Here's another article hinting at the move. Surely must be true..

http://www.themackreport.com/mens-ba...might-horizon/

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
      not hockey - but a reply to the conversation on transitioning to Division 1. Here's another article hinting at the move. Surely must be true..

http://www.themackreport.com/mens-ba...might-horizon/
      a baseball alum told me it's happening very soon, but baseball is being cut and it is to make them title 9 compliant. I sure hope not, would suck to lose a sport. Not sure if I believe this guy because he's kind of a hot head and has told me things were "definitely" happening in the past that did not happen.
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
        a baseball alum told me it's happening very soon, but baseball is being cut and it is to make them title 9 compliant. I sure hope not, would suck to lose a sport. Not sure if I believe this guy because he's kind of a hot head and has told me things were "definitely" happening in the past that did not happen.
        I'm fairly certain we're already titleIX compliant. I'm very close with some in the baseball program; they've shared the same concerns because the baseball field got destroyed when building the new football stadium - however, Jeremy Gibson (AD for those onlookers) has personally assured the current team that the program in NOT being cut. Again, that's from the current team.. so make of that what you will. Mike McMahon (themackreport.com) has also said the same thing.
        However if they did cut the program it would be a real shame; They've got a couple guys in the big leagues right now, and a few in the minors.. A very successful program at the D2 level with a large alumni backing.
        BC, URI, and Bryant have all made NCAA runs the last few years (bryant is formerly NE-10, also).. that'd be pretty cool to see MC televised during the College World Series.. one of the best collegiate events of the year, in my opinion.
        Last edited by MC Alumni; 11-30-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I'm fairly certain we're already titleIX compliant. I'm very close with some in the baseball program; they've shared the same concerns because the baseball field got destroyed when building the new football stadium - however, Jeremy Gibson (AD for those onlookers) has personally assured the current team that the program in NOT being cut. Again, that's from the current team.. so make of that what you will. Mike McMahon (themackreport.com) has also said the same thing.
          However if they did cut the program it would be a real shame; They've got a couple guys in the big leagues right now, and a few in the minors.. A very successful program at the D2 level with a large alumni backing.
          BC, URI, and Bryant have all made NCAA runs the last few years (bryant is formerly NE-10, also).. that'd be pretty cool to see MC televised during the College World Series.. one of the best collegiate events of the year, in my opinion.
          The College World Series is awesome. Hopefully it's not true. I agree it would be a shame. I have heard some rumblings that the field just did not fit due to some things with the stadium, so they are looking for a new spot. Wherever it goes, they need to find a place that has good draining and turf. Baseball in New England is tough without turf.
          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

we stink.

Comment

we stink.
              drain the swamp?
              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

3 goals on 11 shots. Any chance we would could ask the goalie for the Woman's team to come play for the men? She's very good. Edit: Either one of the goalies on the Woman's team....they are BOTH very good.
                Last edited by RENCEB; 12-02-2017, 08:33 PM.
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

BLOW IT UP. This team is so selfish. Sick of Seney's dumb penalties. Sick of the same game plan and being told "we had chances" sick of it all.
                  Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

You won't catch me crying 'cause I just can't win
                    I don't care anymore.

Comment

• Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                      You won't catch me crying 'cause I just can't win
                      I don't care anymore.
                      I can't use my tickets for Friday so I just offered them to 3 different people at work, two of Merrimack alums and no one wants to go. You're not the only one who doesn't care anymore!
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

I expect I'll be around much more in calendar year 2018, but this semester's schedule has had a lot of conflicts for me. If they we're off to a hot start maybe I'd shuffle some more things to get to games. But that is not the case

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                          The College World Series is awesome. Hopefully it's not true. I agree it would be a shame. I have heard some rumblings that the field just did not fit due to some things with the stadium, so they are looking for a new spot. Wherever it goes, they need to find a place that has good draining and turf. Baseball in New England is tough without turf.
                          considering they just signed 11 NLIs, I think they'll be okay.

Comment

• Hockey season could be worse; check out what's going on with St. Lawrence.
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Looking at the schedule, when does our next win come? Honestly I mean, Army is good. UNH at their place? no way. Northeastern? Just beat us. On the road at Denver? LOL yeah right and even at CC, we can't win on the road. That rules out at UCOnn and at Providence. Maybe home against UCONN on 1/13? I really think we could be 2-16-3 coming into that game which would be incredibly depressing.

Maybe I am being too negative, but I am just so down on this entire program. It feels totally hopeless. Every time we are supposed to be good, we crap ourselves. This was the year we all thought we would make some moves with so many people back, but nothing. Actually worse than last year.
                              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

yay, we win...

Comment

Working...
                                X