Merrimack College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

Watch the highlights on Hockey East website. Too bad, that game was there to be had. Strong effort by Pantano. BC's 1st goal was a beauty, tic-tac-toe passing. Very weak defensive effort by Tibbet on Dudek's game winning goal. Play the man!
    Hope they can score a bit tonight, because this edition of the Eagles is not the powerhouse they've been in recent years.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
      Watch the highlights on Hockey East website. Too bad, that game was there to be had. Strong effort by Pantano. BC's 1st goal was a beauty, tic-tac-toe passing. Very weak defensive effort by Tibbet on Dudek's game winning goal. Play the man!
      Hope they can score a bit tonight, because this edition of the Eagles is not the powerhouse they've been in recent years.
      The score looked a lot closer than the game actually was because BC couldn't finish. Of course that's BC problem with this team, they can't finish because they have no finishers.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

The new security measures are ridiculous. If we are going to live our lives in fear like that, then the bad guys are winning.

Pants looks pretty sharp. I think this team could develop into something pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
          The score looked a lot closer than the game actually was because BC couldn't finish. Of course that's BC problem with this team, they can't finish because they have no finishers.
          I'm thinking BC is a .500 team this year due to the lack of offense on this team.

We may have a bunch of guys with 10 goals for the season unless someone steps it up.

Losing Tovanen was big.

The breakouts from our zone needs work, PP is anemic, passing is off at times, etc.

Giving too many PP to the other team will kill us this year
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            The new security measures are ridiculous. If we are going to live our lives in fear like that, then the bad guys are winning.

Pants looks pretty sharp. I think this team could develop into something pretty interesting.
            I'm wondering if they are new HEA mandated measures? Strange considering most of MCs fanbase are families with small kids and students.

Sidenote - are we ever going to score?

Comment

What are the new security measures? I've only been to games at Maine this year and nothing was different. For me, the most dangerous part is when people are queuing going into the game or when every one leaves after the game. I don't really see where enhanced screening makes things any safer.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post

Sidenote - are we ever going to score?
                Only in the upside down (hopefully someone gets that reference)
                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  What are the new security measures? I've only been to games at Maine this year and nothing was different. For me, the most dangerous part is when people are queuing going into the game or when every one leaves after the game. I don't really see where enhanced screening makes things any safer.
                  They basically have the Fenway style cell phone drop off and give you a wanding. Leads to a massive backup since our lobby was not designed for that. They also have a checkpoint between the lobby and the bookstore, which is going to make it a lot more annoying to check out during intermissions. I liked the casual and relaxed nature of attending games, hopefully this isn't a mandate and it blows over after a while. I'm glad to hear that Maine isn't doing this.

Comment

They basically have the Fenway style cell phone drop off and give you a wanding. Leads to a massive backup since our lobby was not designed for that. They also have a checkpoint between the lobby and the bookstore, which is going to make it a lot more annoying to check out during intermissions. I liked the casual and relaxed nature of attending games, hopefully this isn't a mandate and it blows over after a while. I'm glad to hear that Maine isn't doing this.
                    Same at UMass last night....
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Their inability to score is incredibly frustrating. 57th in the nation in scoring, and just got swept by a team that is 59th! But hey, you know, just didn't get the bounces, or maybe this time it was bad puck luck. We're "gritty". You know, like that gritty effort back-checking on BC's winning goal. Watch the highlights as they loaf back until they realize, "Oooops, maybe we should actually try to play some D", and then it's too late. Frustrating.

At least Pantano is playing well, and the defense has tightened up.
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Aren't you guys ever tempted to drop to the Atlantic Conference? Y'know, have an honest shot at an autobid every couple of years. Would recruiting really fall off that much? Are you on NESN all that often?

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
                          Aren't you guys ever tempted to drop to the Atlantic Conference? Y'know, have an honest shot at an autobid every couple of years. Would recruiting really fall off that much? Are you on NESN all that often?
                          http://merrimackathletics.com/news/2...with-nesn.aspx

Comment

That is definitely a good thing, but all three games will be on "NESN National." Does that mean simulcast on NESN National or only on NESN National?

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
                              That is definitely a good thing, but all three games will be on "NESN National." Does that mean simulcast on NESN National or only on NESN National?
                              Nope, they'll be on regular-*** NESN.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                Their inability to score is incredibly frustrating. 57th in the nation in scoring, and just got swept by a team that is 59th! But hey, you know, just didn't get the bounces, or maybe this time it was bad puck luck. We're "gritty". You know, like that gritty effort back-checking on BC's winning goal. Watch the highlights as they loaf back until they realize, "Oooops, maybe we should actually try to play some D", and then it's too late. Frustrating.

At least Pantano is playing well, and the defense has tightened up.
                                It is the same stuff. We cannot score goals. We recruit new players who are supposed to score goals and they do not score goals. Josh Myers, Connor Toomey, LeBlanc, Shawn Bates and now it's Cole McBride, Ludvig Larson. Just the same stuff. Over and over. I dont know why I invest and care so much, do I just want to drive myself crazy? So what do you do? What's the saying on insanity? It's doing the same thing over and over and over and over and expecting a new result?
                                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X