Merrimack College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

hoping we can get back on track with Umass this weekend. I know they are better but this is still a team we should beat. Sucks being 0-3-2 because we really have not played badly except maybe last Saturday. I do want to see Halliday in net this weekend though.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

anyone know why our friend poop stain plevy hasn't been playing for UMASS?
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

It is going to be a lllloooonnnnggggg season No offense, no defense, and seriously no goaltending. Through 6 games, you could make a case they are the worst team in college hockey right now. At least Maine and Sacred Heart have won some games. Yup, departure of Delia was a huge blow, especially given it happened so late. Time to give Halladay a start tomorrow. I don't think it could be worse.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

This is getting embarrassing.

Comment

we STINK!

Comment

I’m not sure the Delia departure being late is such a factor in this winless streak. Keep in mind we had 3 scholarship goalies before he departed. I haven’t been able to watch much of the action yet this year but it sounds like a combination of the usual bad puck luck and defensive mistakes from the G outward. It is also been a more challenging early season than typical - no exhibition, then into an improved Colgate and some tough Midwest teams immediately. And kudos to Umass - Fudgie the Whale has done a great job rebuilding that program from joke level to a respectable club.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
                we STINK!
                we are... BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                  I’m not sure the Delia departure being late is such a factor in this winless streak. Keep in mind we had 3 scholarship goalies before he departed. I haven’t been able to watch much of the action yet this year but it sounds like a combination of the usual bad puck luck and defensive mistakes from the G outward. It is also been a more challenging early season than typical - no exhibition, then into an improved Colgate and some tough Midwest teams immediately. And kudos to Umass - Fudgie the Whale has done a great job rebuilding that program from joke level to a respectable club.
                  Gotta respectfully disagree. You had arguably one of the top returning goalies in Hockey East in Delia, and behind that Vogler who has been hit or miss, Pantano who had barely played, and a Freshman recruit. Agree the early schedule has been tough, and was surprised they didn't have an exhibition against one of the Canada colleges.
                  Nice to see them get a win last night, but there is still a LOT of stuff that needs work (Power play, Penalty kill, and goal tending).
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

After the slugfest of last season’s Canadian exhibition games, which cost us in injuries, Dennehey said the was never going to invite any of them back. Would have been nice if they could bring in a U21 or a D3 team though. Salem State?

Comment

After the slugfest of last season’s Canadian exhibition games, which cost us in injuries, Dennehey said the was never going to invite any of them back. Would have been nice if they could bring in a U21 or a D3 team though. Salem State?
                      The canadian exhibitions are a waste. Just a team full of thugs who flamed out of the CHL and want to fight. I do not think the NCAA lets you play a D3 team or else it would have to count on your schedule (and D3 starts later). I asked McMann a question about that last year on one of his Q&A and that was the answer he told me. I assume he is right.
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

So this is an interesting time to catch BC. Technically we have a better record than them. When's the last time they were the dog against us? Haven't dived into Mack Report or Eastern Bias yet for analysis, but superficially there's no reason we can't take some points this weekend.

Comment

So this is an interesting time to catch BC. Technically we have a better record than them. When's the last time they were the dog against us? Haven't dived into Mack Report or Eastern Bias yet for analysis, but superficially there's no reason we can't take some points this weekend.
                          Agree no reason we can't split. Listened to the Mack Report podcast today and there was a mention that BC has played the hardest schedule in the country up to now but they are still struggling.
                          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Who do we think starts this weekend? I hope to see Halliday get a crack at one. Maybe split him and Pantano? Vogler has been bad. Keep him on the bench.
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

The BC posters are awfully quiet. The home must have bussed them all down to foxwoods or something.

Competition appears to be between Vogler and Pantano at this point. I don't think you will see the freshman get a shot in this series unless the game gets out of hand.

Comment

anyone see last nights game? I didnt and am interest in how we looked. Will be there tonight.
                                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X