Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I looked at MC's Hockey East history going back to 1989-'90. Trust me... its not pretty.
    Merrimack College will have made the right call and done well if they bring in a coach that can accomplish more than Dennehy has over his 13 seasons at MC.
    Dennehy's coaching record.

Comment

So one booster was behind this move? The booster must be writing some pretty big checks.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        According to Hockey East Archives... http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...gs-archive.php

In MC's first 16 years in HE, they had 96 wins (Conference only). Best finish: 5th of 9 team league once (6 of 8, twice).
        Dennehy's 13 years... 101 wins (Conference only). Best Finish: 4th of 10 teams, twice. 6th of 10 twice. 7th of 12, twice.
        1 NCCA appearance.
        Last edited by FiveHole12; 03-11-2018, 01:55 PM.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I can't believe a lot of you pin the program floundering on MD, what planet are you on, all of your great history in hockey occurred as a DIV2 program and the biggest reason you can't recruit with consistency is you are essentially a DIV 2 school trying to compete in DIV 1 and if you didn't have Stéphane Da Costa and Joe Cannata in 2011 your last good season would have been 1988. LOL! I mean have you looked at the academic rankings at places like PC, BU, NU, BC have you looked at there endowments? Your program is awesome and is amazing as it is but if you think 2011 season is going to happen year in and year out and you expect to steal great recruits ask yourself this how and why...? Really the landscape of hockey has changed and recruits are looking at far more than hockey and a pretty suburban campus Look how quickly schools like Arizona, UCONN and Penn State and likely soon to be IL have gone from non existence to respectability in NCAA hockey. Its about $$, I don't care who you have at the helm... MD has done a pretty good job all things considered. There simply isn't ayoung Jack Parker somewhere in the wings waiting to take the wheel at a place like MC. Sorry this is the truth and the truth hurts!
          Last edited by RossiRules; 03-11-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Jeff Cox had a tweet about how booster Richard Gallant influenced the decision. He has since deleted that tweet.

Comment

Someone to look @ during the process: UML's Cam Ellsworth

Comment

I'm glad some of our "boosters" don't have this level of influence.

Seriously though, what the heck? You guys took 2 in OT from Lowell last week, battled BC. BEE CEE!!! And this? Makes no sense.

To the booster: be careful what you ask for....
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Jeff Cox had a tweet about how booster Richard Gallant influenced the decision. He has since deleted that tweet.
                  Gallant had nothing to do with this. Gallant & Dennehy weren't best of friends and he has influence at MC but not when it comes to decisions like this. Unfortunate this is what we're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    haha, Ray... If I knew the answers to those questions, I'd never have to attend another game. I'd know the outcome of every game years in advance.

But let me put it this way. I would like to see Cav back behind the BC bench. If not him, I'd go get Montgomery from Denver. If neither of them, there are some guys I would probably give up my season tix if they were to take over the program. Dennehy is not one of those guys. He can coach kids up. I think he would do well. JMO.
                    I would think the BC job would come down to Cav or Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by jwatkins19621962 View Post
                      Gallant had nothing to do with this. Gallant & Dennehy weren't best of friends and he has influence at MC but not when it comes to decisions like this. Unfortunate this is what we're talking about.
                      Hmmm ... this is your first post?? You've obviously been planted here for a reason! Should be interesting to see what direction you go! As far as Coach Dennehy is concerned, I wish him and his coaching staff all the best. It is amazing how social media has changed the unrealistic "win at all cost" attitude of fans and some AD's - with no backbone!
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                        Hmmm ... this is your first post?? You've obviously been planted here for a reason! Should be interesting to see what direction you go! As far as Coach Dennehy is concerned, I wish him and his coaching staff all the best. It is amazing how social media has changed the unrealistic "win at all cost" attitude of fans and some AD's - with no backbone!
                        long time listener...first time caller. Just felt the need to address the inaccuracies. Not sure anyone would plant someone on a chat forum that has fewer than 250 posts about Merrimack for an entire season. Thanks for the welcome tho!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          That would absolutely not be the first time Cox jumped the gun on tweeting something without making sure it was 100% true.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Dick Umilie is avail.........
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                              I can't believe a lot of you pin the program floundering on MD, what planet are you on, all of your great history in hockey occurred as a DIV2 program and the biggest reason you can't recruit with consistency is you are essentially a DIV 2 school trying to compete in DIV 1 and if you didn't have Stéphane Da Costa and Joe Cannata in 2011 your last good season would have been 1988. LOL! I mean have you looked at the academic rankings at places like PC, BU, NU, BC have you looked at there endowments? Your program is awesome and is amazing as it is but if you think 2011 season is going to happen year in and year out and you expect to steal great recruits ask yourself this how and why...? Really the landscape of hockey has changed and recruits are looking at far more than hockey and a pretty suburban campus Look how quickly schools like Arizona, UCONN and Penn State and likely soon to be IL have gone from non existence to respectability in NCAA hockey. Its about $$, I don't care who you have at the helm... MD has done a pretty good job all things considered. There simply isn't ayoung Jack Parker somewhere in the wings waiting to take the wheel at a place like MC. Sorry this is the truth and the truth hurts!
                              Mark Dennehy is a class guy, and a good coach. He made the most of what he had to work with.
                              Let's face facts, Merrimack is a bottom feeder in Hockey East, based on facilities and status. They simply aren't going to beat BU, BC, Providence, UNH and now Lowell and Northeastern to the best talent.
                              Dennehy did a good job making Merrimack tough to beat.

Ambition is always required. So is realism.
                              There is no easy fix for Merrimack. Under Dennehy, it wasn't broken. It just was what it realistically could be.

Comment

This is why Merrimack can’t have nice things. Sad. 😡
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X