Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Apparently so: https://twitter.com/chnews/status/982406397966077952

I have not heard of this guy, but obviously he's been a part of some great PC teams.
    Also former UNH asst. for many years prior to PC..
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

Lol what a totally uninspiring hire

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Also former UNH asst. for many years prior to PC..
        Former Head Coach at Lake Superior State with a not so stellar record of 76-96-15. Finished in fourth place in the old CCHA in his first season with the Lakers followed by t-6th, 8th, t-3rd, and a 12th place finish in his last season.

He also was the recruiting coordinator at UNH during their demise over the last ten seasons.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• well.. certainly a unorthodox hire. best to him & to Warrior hockey.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Also was involved in UNH's recruiting email NCAA violations in 2009.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS/307249858
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Great recruiter. They have a plan there. Congrats Merrimack, you got a great recruiter.

Comment

I wanted Mark Dennehy fired but I take it all back. Borek is a clown. What a bunch of morons over there. You have guys like Paul Pearl begging to come coach for you and you tell him to pass for Scott Borek??? AD is going to get what he deserve when his arse gets canned in 2 years (along with Borek's). Terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible hire.

But I guess it's Merrimack so what did we expect?
                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                  I wanted Mark Dennehy fired but I take it all back. Borek is a clown. What a bunch of morons over there. You have guys like Paul Pearl begging to come coach for you and you tell him to pass for Scott Borek??? AD is going to get what he deserve when his arse gets canned in 2 years (along with Borek's). Terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible hire.

Moral of the story is to be careful what you wish for, I guess
                  Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post

Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

This is so funny that mookie can’t laugh
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Keep the donors happy!
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Should intensify the rivalry between Mac and UNH for the HEA basement.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Lol what a totally uninspiring hire
                            Mack canned Dennehy for this?
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Keep the donors happy!
                              I was talking to my son's coach (not the Islanders, he plays for the Jr. Warriors) last night who said Borek and Gallant are tight. Should be no surprise there! Gibson (the AD) is a pathetic pawn for Gallant. My son's coach also does skills for a lot of NCAA players in the summer and told me all those guys were laughing about this. So I know I said this already, but for a guy who was saying they should fire Dennehy, I take it all back. If this is what they fired him for??? Probably not going to renew my tickets. Know others who won't either. Why waste $ watching a team win 5 games.

My son's coach told me last night that UMASS hired John Michelletto over Borek LOL. This is going to end worse for merrimack than Michelletto did for UMASS. Great job Merrimack
                              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Also was involved in UNH's recruiting email NCAA violations in 2009.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS/307249858
                                That was overblown. Borek is very good at evaluating and his skill became evident at UNH after he left. A lot of the decline was due to the former coach not helping at all. His reputation aged well once he left and you saw how much heavy lifting he was doing at UNH and the drop off in recruiting once he left. Yes, he made some mistakes in deferring kids but overall he is competent and maybe a good fit with a program that needs volume of competent players more than high end kids.

Lower ceiling higher floor type of hire
                                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 04-07-2018, 09:41 AM.
                                The Souza record:
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place
                                22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                                X