Merrimack College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Donato Junior helped to turn around Donato Senior's team. And Vesey (where did his Dad play again)?
    How ambitious is Pearl? He is not young and hungry. He quit as head coach at Holy Cross to become an assistant at Harvard. At best, he might be similar to Dennehy.

Pearl was living much closer to Harvard when he quit at HC if I remember correctly. Plus the pay was likely more at Harvard.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
      I do not get the love for Albie OConnell. How hard is it to recruit at BU? Keefe is an interesting name. I would prefer Pearl out of all of those. He has experience and has helped turn around Harvard.
      As others have said, the NHL talent Albie had lined up to come to NU and got to come to Harvard was impressive. For my money, he's one of the top recruiters in the sport, but I'm not sure he'd take the job. I'm not sure Keefe would either. If the booster rumor is real, why would a highly thought-of Hockey East coach want to work for that administration, after they blindsided a widely respected coach because a donor threw a hissy-fit?
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Tim Whitehead..? Yes/No..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          No. They want big or go home. Timmy is not that, we know that.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
            I do not get the love for Albie OConnell. How hard is it to recruit at BU? Keefe is an interesting name. I would prefer Pearl out of all of those. He has experience and has helped turn around Harvard.
            there are a whole lotta answers why teams consistently finish in the bottom 1/3rd in this post.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              If the booster rumor is real, why would a highly thought-of Hockey East coach want to work for that administration, after they blindsided a widely respected coach because a donor threw a hissy-fit?
              IF... a booster can get a coach fired, will probably also be naming the replacement hired.
              If you're not his boy... fohgeddaboudit. Just sayin'.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Tim would be a great candidate. However, I don't think he will be leaving Kimball Union just yet. He is having way too much fun coaching his son and winning championships. The day will come when he leaves, but not yet.
                Last edited by Runsub5; 03-13-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  Tim would be a great candidate. However, I don't think he will be leaving Kimball Union just yet. He is having way too much fun coaching his son and winning championships. The day will come when he leaves, but not yet.
                  If I am Whitehead I would want a better job than Merrimack considering this would probably be his last college gig if he failed. He needs to go to a place that is seriously committed to winning.
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                    If I am Whitehead I would want a better job than Merrimack considering this would probably be his last college gig if he failed. He needs to go to a place that is seriously committed to winning.
                    Couldn't agree more. His next stop will be at a University with resources and commitment to hockey.

Comment

Not just no. HELL NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        Given the lack of facilities, resources and the size and type of school (would recruits rather go to Providence or Merrimack? Providence isn't going to lose many of those battles!) and the competition, getting to the middle of the pack would be a worthy accomplishment. Being able to stay there would be solid.
                        It is good to have ambition. But it needs to be realistic.
                        It seems like a lot of people are swinging thru this thread for the first time in 7 years and bringing out the "facilities" crap. Child please. The locker rooms, weight rooms, etc are first-class by any measure after the recent renovations:

http://merrimackathletics.com/news/2...x?path=general
                        https://youtu.be/_-nPAxGH4qs
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gCDsPid61Q
                        https://merrimackathletics.com/facilities/?id=13

The brand new football stadium is pretty impressive too.

And, for the time being at least, the hockey players are absolutely the big fish in the small pond on campus. A lot of young men like that idea. Did you see the stands at the Schneider on Friday while the PC hoops game was on?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                          It seems like a lot of people are swinging thru this thread for the first time in 7 years and bringing out the "facilities" crap. Child please. The locker rooms, weight rooms, etc are first-class by any measure after the recent renovations:
                          I think you need to get out a little more often.
                          Compared to BU, BC, Lowell, UNH, Providence and even Northeastern - the closest HE schools - the facilities at Merrimack would still rank last.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                            Did you see the stands at the Schneider on Friday while the PC hoops game was on?
                            Spring Break. Attendance at all 4 playoff locations on Friday and Saturday were under 3000.
                            Last edited by steven22; 03-13-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                              I think you need to get out a little more often.
                              Compared to BU, BC, Lowell, UNH, Providence and even Northeastern - the closest HE schools - the facilities at Merrimack would still rank last.
                              in a contest between bentley and mack, mack would rank last.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Article from the Mack Report site: Who's Next?

Comment

Working...
                                X