Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: UAA 17-18 See-Saw of emotions

Re: UAA 17-18 See-Saw of emotions

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    For $15.95 maybe they've improved it?
    Are there any other choices?
    yep $19.95 for the monthly pass
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    yep $19.95 for the monthly pass
    They don't have a game day pass?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

UAA ranks tied for 17th nationally in penalty kill at 88.9%! That's a very big improvement, but in large part to Mantha. Now they need to get the power play clicking, and would someone please teach the guys how to win a faceoff? Calling Craig Parkinson!
    Last edited by Suze; 10-12-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    They don't have a game day pass?
    15.95 per game or 19.95 for the month for the team
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

15.95 per game or 19.95 for the month for the team
    What a rip off! I'd listen in if Kurt were calling the game but no way am I listening to the CC guy! Oh well, I'll probably be at the hospital for the birth of our 3rd granddaughter anyway!
    Last edited by Suze; 10-13-2017 at 01:48 PM.

What a rip off! I'd listen in if Kurt were calling the game but no way am I listening to the CC guy! Oh well, I'll probably be at the hospital for the birth of our 3rd granddaughter anyway!
    You can eavesdrop for free.

You can eavesdrop for free.
    But Kurt isn't on the road so what's the point? I don't like the CC guy.

Ouch. PK is doing well, Anholt being out I assume screwed up the chemistry on PP.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Ouch. PK is doing well, Anholt being out I assume screwed up the chemistry on PP.
    Yep. And McPheters didn't play. I wonder if he's still sick? Hope for a better result tonight. Last night the NCHC whipping boys whipped us.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Well, so much for that consistency...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Two games that count is too small of a field to make any judgement. Two-four weekends we will start seeing who this team really is.

I need a miracle

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Ouch is right - was at the game and we are about to walk over to the arena for tonight's rematch. Lots of missed passes, no jump compared to CC. At times, it looked like no one knew what they were supposed to do, where their linemate was, etc. When CC had the puck, they were much more dangerous. We didn't get many quality chances. At breakfast this morning, I told a few of the players to give 'em heII tonight and they assured me they would...we'll see...hope another day of acclimating has helped...

But Kurt isn't on the road so what's the point? I don't like the CC guy.
    Did they recently switch? This guy seems alright.

Quote Originally Posted by tomthumb View Post
    Ouch is right - was at the game and we are about to walk over to the arena for tonight's rematch. Lots of missed passes, no jump compared to CC. At times, it looked like no one knew what they were supposed to do, where their linemate was, etc. When CC had the puck, they were much more dangerous. We didn't get many quality chances. At breakfast this morning, I told a few of the players to give 'em heII tonight and they assured me they would...we'll see...hope another day of acclimating has helped...
    Much more better first period, scored first.
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Whoever runs the PP needs to stop because it hasn't been working. For years.

Whoever runs the PP needs to stop because it hasn't been working. For years.
    I just caught snippets of the audio, but weren't both of our goals scored on the PP tonight? Getting out shot 2 to 1 (or worse) night in and night out is unacceptable. Lots of work to be done.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Same-o season. Oh well.

I need a miracle

I just caught snippets of the audio, but weren't both of our goals scored on the PP tonight? Getting out shot 2 to 1 (or worse) night in and night out is unacceptable. Lots of work to be done.
    Much better effort tonight. Yes, both of our goals were on the PP. So were 2 of 3 CC goals. Unless we were on the PP, we barely threatened. The SOG tally tells part of the story, but if there was a stat that measured puck possession in the offensive zone, that would tell you everything you need to know about the game tonight – long stretches with no control in the attacking zone. Add in a couple of stupid penalties and game over... It could have been worse, but Mantha made some great saves, acknowledged by CC fans in our section. I know some guys are out with injuries, but at this point, I have to say the WCHA pre-season coaches and media polls are looking pretty accurate…

On the plus side:
    In spite of the scorelines, we had a blast at our first live college hockey games since we left ANC 4+ years ago. Might make the trip to CC again to get our college hockey fix. CC fans were really nice to us (they feel our pain) and we had nice chats with a few of them. Even got a pic of me in my Seawolf jersey with the CC mascot, although he was so embarrassed, he had to cover his eyes…

Chatted with a few UAA fans as well, including Tad Kozun’s mom – very nice woman.

Decent food at the World Arena – in fact GREAT food when compared to the exceptionally lousy concessionaire at the concrete tomb on Gambell… We had pre-game dinner both nights at the arena and in all my years in ANC, I NEVER would have done that intentionally.

Really good selection of craft beer at the arena and you can take it anywhere! Even to your seat! What a concept!

Quote Originally Posted by tomthumb View Post
    Much better effort tonight. Yes, both of our goals were on the PP. So were 2 of 3 CC goals. Unless we were on the PP, we barely threatened. The SOG tally tells part of the story, but if there was a stat that measured puck possession in the offensive zone, that would tell you everything you need to know about the game tonight – long stretches with no control in the attacking zone. Add in a couple of stupid penalties and game over... It could have been worse, but Mantha made some great saves, acknowledged by CC fans in our section. I know some guys are out with injuries, but at this point, I have to say the WCHA pre-season coaches and media polls are looking pretty accurate…

On the plus side:
    In spite of the scorelines, we had a blast at our first live college hockey games since we left ANC 4+ years ago. Might make the trip to CC again to get our college hockey fix. CC fans were really nice to us (they feel our pain) and we had nice chats with a few of them. Even got a pic of me in my Seawolf jersey with the CC mascot, although he was so embarrassed, he had to cover his eyes…

Chatted with a few UAA fans as well, including Tad Kozun’s mom – very nice woman.

Decent food at the World Arena – in fact GREAT food when compared to the exceptionally lousy concessionaire at the concrete tomb on Gambell… We had pre-game dinner both nights at the arena and in all my years in ANC, I NEVER would have done that intentionally.

Really good selection of craft beer at the arena and you can take it anywhere! Even to your seat! What a concept!
    The drinking section at the Sully is full. I have heard several fans comment that they need to open that entire side of the arena to drinking, like the Aces did.

Thanks for giving your thoughts on the game. It sounded a bit like the UND game, with the game being played 2/3 of the time in the UAA end. It's still very early, right?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Nvm that CC guy at the end started rearing his ugly call to the end of the game. Listening to him at the end you'd think CC won again 6-1, he needs to get off his high horse, CC is the bottom of the barrel in the NCHC.

Thread Information