• Show
Clear All

Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Great article on Merrick Madsen:
    http://harvardmagazine.com/2017/11/t...ource=facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Some misinformation in the article. Lackey didn't dress last year because of his knee woes. In fact Madsen played a majority of the games the year before because Lackey got hurt early on in the season. And can someone explain this line:

"In the next three periods, Madsen stopped 41 pucks, a furious assault from the Friars, who took half again as many shots on goal as the Crimson". Huh? We took 82 shots on goal? Really?

Comment

Anyone going to the game against the USNDT on Saturday? You should be able to get a glimpse of Oliver Wahlstrom, slated for Harvard in the Fall and likely a NHL 1st rounder in June.

Comment

Should be a nice handshake after the game tomorrow between Ted Donato and Bode Wilde.

Comment

Football looked horrible tonight. Lost to Princeton 52-17.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Should be a nice handshake after the game tomorrow between Ted Donato and Bode Wilde.
              Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                Football looked horrible tonight. Lost to Princeton 52-17.
                Yeah, that was ugleeeee! Worst loss I think in the Tim Murphy era, at least at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  And can someone explain this line:

"In the next three periods, Madsen stopped 41 pucks, a furious assault from the Friars, who took half again as many shots on goal as the Crimson". Huh? We took 82 shots on goal? Really?
                  It's awkward for sure, but half again generally means 1.5X. As in that much plus half again. So if Providence shot 41, Harvard would have shot roughly 27. That way the Friars shot half again as many, or 27 + half 27, or 41. Does that fit the actual stats any better?

Comment

Anyone going to the game against the USNDT on Saturday? You should be able to get a glimpse of Oliver Wahlstrom, slated for Harvard in the Fall and likely a NHL 1st rounder in June.
                    Do we need tickets for this, or just show up? Haven't sorted our season ticket set yet.

Comment

Watching USAU-18 game on ILDN. That was quite an impressive shot and goal from Reilly Walsh in the first period. It would be most welcome to have a new play maker in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                        It's awkward for sure, but half again generally means 1.5X. As in that much plus half again. So if Providence shot 41, Harvard would have shot roughly 27. That way the Friars shot half again as many, or 27 + half 27, or 41. Does that fit the actual stats any better?
                        Okay, that fits but man I get a popsicle headache trying to sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SheLovesCollegeHockey View Post
                          Watching USAU-18 game on ILDN. That was quite an impressive shot and goal from Reilly Walsh in the first period. It would be most welcome to have a new play maker in the mix.
                          That is what Walsh will bring. Great skating, passing, and shooting. The knock on him has been his play in his own zone. I would expect Harvard to have Walsh and Fox on the #1PP.

Comment

Hello everyone! As you may or may not have seen, vicb is not running the annual ECAC Pick the Standings contest this season. I have decided to take up the torch and run it. I know we are running on rather short notice as the season will start in just four days, but hopefully we can get a decent turnout regardless. If you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

The faithful are going to love Jack Drury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_B3TIuEtm4

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                                When I left they got in a few writers who knew the game already, and they and WHRB coexisted well, and then WHRB lost a lot of their hockey broadcasters to graduation and now its the Crimson with a lot better hockey coverage (which kills me).
                                Another good point. My understanding of the finances of both organizations is that their sports coverage must intersect on the cost side (sharing of hotels, cars, etc) otherwise neither can really afford it.

Have heard recently (within the last week) that WHRB has some new student leadership and the finances have improved. And I know David Elliot was a supporter of WHRB Sports -- so hopefully some of the money flows there. I saw some FB posts about WHRB calling the Dartmouth game, but the real test will come when the road schedule hits.

SPEAKING OF: Can't believe I missed this but this team does not play at home between Nov. 5 and Jan. 4. What a stretch -- trips to Colgate, Cornell, Minnesota, BC, QPac, Princeton, and UVM.

That'll be a test for the players (and for the travelling press)!
                                I know we’re going to win tonight.

I believe we’re going to win tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X