X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Nice article on incoming recruit Jack Drury. Reads a lot like Tom Cavanagh:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...228-story.html
    Hopefully his life turns out for the better. Poor Tom had demons that no one realized until it was too late. Tragic.

Comment

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Happy New Year everyone. Hope the second half of the season is better than the first..Wishing good health for the team and our posters and that Ryan makes the Olympic team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
        Happy New Year everyone. Hope the second half of the season is better than the first..Wishing good health for the team and our posters and that Ryan makes the Olympic team.
        Think Ryan made the team unless the names annnounced are part of a try out pool.

This kind of feels like an Olympic Year for Harvard a la 1984 and 1988.

Comment

Donato is on the team, just announced at the Winter Classic in NYC. Great for him; could be a disaster for our chances for the post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by H60Hockey View Post
            Donato is on the team, just announced at the Winter Classic in NYC. Great for him; could be a disaster for our chances for the post season.
            With Donato on the Olympic team, between what dates will Harvard be without his services? Olympics are from Feb 9 - 25. I assume the team will play some tune up games and start practicing as a unit ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
              With Donato on the Olympic team, between what dates will Harvard be without his services? Olympics are from Feb 9 - 25. I assume the team will play some tune up games and start practicing as a unit ahead of time.
              Somebody told me the NCAA players will miss the whole month of February. For Harvard, that will mean some pretty big games, such as the Beanpot, Union, Clarkson and the final regular season game against Yale on the 24th. Unfortunately, we need this team to go on a roll. If all else fails, we will just have to run the tables at the ECAC tournament in March.

Comment

Think Fox could be back for Saturday game against Union which would be huge.

Comment

Today's email from Harvard Athletics indicated that Hockey starts February 10th and that the USA team will get to Korea a week earlier for practice, getting settled in etc.
                  Ryan will be a loss while he is away for the games but I am very happy for him getting to go. It should be a wonderful experience for him. Anyone I know who participated in the Olympic Games has said what a great experience it was.

I don't have any inside information but I suspect that Ryan will return and finish his fourth year and get his AB from Harvard. He loves Harvard, his brother Jack is at Harvard and a hockey player, his girlfriend has been a classmate for the past three years. I could be wrong but I would be surprised if he did not stay and finish.

I do hope that the TV will show hockey (both men's and women's) and show it at civilized hours. Four years ago it seemed like I was getting up at 4AM too many times to watch hockey. All the TV people want to show at prime time are games like extreme snowboarding events. The events are like the synchronized swimming and rhythmic gymnastics of the winter games.

Comment

Darren Dreger suggested that if there is a defensive injury on the US Olympic squad before the tournament starts, Adam Fox might be considered to replace that person on the roster. NBC Sports had it, it also suggested Woll is likely one of the 2 remaining goalies to be named, and that Mittelstadt is the possible replacement for an injured forward.
                    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                    Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                      Darren Dreger suggested that if there is a defensive injury on the US Olympic squad before the tournament starts, Adam Fox might be considered to replace that person on the roster. NBC Sports had it, it also suggested Woll is likely one of the 2 remaining goalies to be named, and that Mittelstadt is the possible replacement for an injured forward.
                      Harvard has had their share of Olympic hockey players,

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        Today's email from Harvard Athletics indicated that Hockey starts February 10th and that the USA team will get to Korea a week earlier for practice, getting settled in etc.
                        Ryan will be a loss while he is away for the games but I am very happy for him getting to go. It should be a wonderful experience for him. Anyone I know who participated in the Olympic Games has said what a great experience it was.

I don't have any inside information but I suspect that Ryan will return and finish his fourth year and get his AB from Harvard. He loves Harvard, his brother Jack is at Harvard and a hockey player, his girlfriend has been a classmate for the past three years. I could be wrong but I would be surprised if he did not stay and finish.

I do hope that the TV will show hockey (both men's and women's) and show it at civilized hours. Four years ago it seemed like I was getting up at 4AM too many times to watch hockey. All the TV people want to show at prime time are games like extreme snowboarding events. The events are like the synchronized swimming and rhythmic gymnastics of the winter games.
                        Don't forget figure skating.

Comment

Sort of a boring game tonight at B-L. I stayed home due to the flu and not feeling like digging out from the bomb cyclone. Harvard decided this one early on and then put it in cruise control. Neither goalie had to make a number of ten bell saves. Just seemed like an up and down game with some occasional offensive chances. Notre Dame-Michigan was actually a better game to watch.

Time for the third period of the World Juniors. The Swedes certainly aren't afraid to go down a man. 4 shorties in the tournament. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                            this makes sense but I thought USA hockey had said that they wouldn't have a player in both events
                            Clearly they have a goalie issue naming only one.
                            thought Woll was fair in tournament and Fox while outstanding offensively showed defensive liability

Comment

Think Fox could be back for Saturday game against Union which would be huge.
                              I went back and looked at last year's schedule of games and the box scores and Adam played against Princeton on Saturday after winning the gold medal at the Bell Centre which I believe took place the night before? Either way, he only has a one hour flight from Buffalo and if flights aren't backed up because of the storm, he should make it to B-L in time for today's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

I've posted that I think Ryan will be looking at Anders Bjork and his experience so far with the Bruins. Bjork and Donato have similar skill sets; Bjork left Notre Dame after his junior year and was just sent down to Providence. I would think Vesey's decision to stay will have some bearing but ultimately Ryan will decide what's best for him regardless of his love for Harvard, his girlfriend or his brother.

Comment

Working...
                                X