Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
    I thought the Quinnipiac game was pretty evenly played. The difference was Quinnipiac was 2 for 2 on the PP and we went 0 for 3.
    Yup special teams was the difference. We need to spend extra practice time on both the PP and PK. And the coaches need to find better combos.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Harvard probably didn’t deserve a point against Quinny. An indifferent performance with no pace or purpose until OT.

Man does this team need to learn to finish. Byce, Floodstrand, Horton, ZG, etc.

I would move ZG off of the 1st PP and put Badini on it.
      I don't know. Up until the end of regulation, I would have agreed with you. But in OT, Pelton Byce and especially Ryan Donato all alone at the right post (why he curled around instead of roofing a shot was a mystery to me) had chances to win it. Agree that we just can't seem to finish and I'm not sure what will turn that around.

Comment

Will there be streaming video for the Clarkson game? It doesn't look like there's a link to the men's hockey stream on their site ( http://clarksonathletics.com/sports/...streaming.aspx ). Looks like Clarkson will stream the mens and women's basketball games, though. Hopefully, they'll add the hockey game??

Comment

Will there be streaming video for the Clarkson game? It doesn't look like there's a link to the men's hockey stream on their site ( http://clarksonathletics.com/sports/...streaming.aspx ). Looks like Clarkson will stream the mens and women's basketball games, though. Hopefully, they'll add the hockey game??
          Clarkson home games are streamed, free. http://clarksonathletics.com/sports/...eel-arena.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
            Clarkson home games are streamed, free. http://clarksonathletics.com/sports/...eel-arena.aspx
            Yup - looks like they just posted the link to the game today - it wasn't showing up yesterday. Thanks

Clarkson Men's Hockey vs Harvard
            Scheduled to broadcast 1/19/18 6:45pm - 1/19/18 10:00pm

Comment

Does anyone know whether either/both of the two streams is/are live-only or archived for later viewing?

Comment

Nice write up on Jack Drury:
                https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-drury-...me/c-295019578

Comment

Sounds like he'll be a great addition to the forwards next year. Do you know what other impact players, besides Wahlstrom, we will pick up? Always curious who's made it through admissions too??? Baker Shore is having a great year in the USHL - 24pts in 29 games. Rathbone was picked 4th round on D... Casey Dornbach could be interesting - a more recent commit with 31pts in 28 games in the USHL , will be a 21yr old freshman. If all these guys show up next year, that should be good news

Comment

Hobey Baker voting has started

Voting has begun for the fan poll for the Hobey Baker award. Anyone is allowed to vote but only once per day.

One can vote at:
                    http://www.hobeybaker.com/vote

Ryan Donato is in the running. As I write this he ranks in second place in a field of about 70.

I assume the some here might want to support him.

Comment

He comes from a great family. I remember sitting next to the Drurys at Harvard games. John Drury, Jack's grandfather, is a terrific person and very humble. His grandmother and aunt were also very gracious. We're getting a top flight person in addition to what looks like a hockey talent.

Comment

Sounds like he'll be a great addition to the forwards next year. Do you know what other impact players, besides Wahlstrom, we will pick up? Always curious who's made it through admissions too??? Baker Shore is having a great year in the USHL - 24pts in 29 games. Rathbone was picked 4th round on D... Casey Dornbach could be interesting - a more recent commit with 31pts in 28 games in the USHL , will be a 21yr old freshman. If all these guys show up next year, that should be good news
                        Yes. We bring in some more offense that can score goals, Wahlstrom leading the way, but Dornbach looks very much like a Henry Bowlby. Baker Shore will be strong and Drury projects more of a two-way assist guy than a goal scorer (Badini is probably a good comp for him). Rathbone is a puck mover and I would think Reilly Walsh is a good comp for him.

I think all of these guys will push very hard for spots in the starting line-up.

Comment

Tough game. Madsen and Baughmann really struggled.

If a Clarkson is the best that the ECAC has this year, don’t expect much noise in April.

Comment

If a Clarkson is the best that the ECAC has this year, don’t expect much noise in April.
                            Jake Kielly got knocked up high against Union and sat against RPI, he was not even close to himself and it was quite clear but obviously you haven't seen much of Clarkson most likely so it's understandable why you were underwhelmed. It was a weird game where neither team could gain clear momentum, if anything Harvard kind of lost control of a game they should've won with Madsen letting up 3 soft goals and gift wrapping Clarkson another because of Baughmann but I don't think that means Clarkson was awful, Harvard was on for most of the game and were extremely dangerous in transition along with have impressive puck possession spells against a team that doesn't allow that very often. I don't think it's easy to tell who is going to make noise come April, who would've thought that Yale team was going to rip through what could've been the toughest road in the tournament when they won it all? Ultimately I think you're going to be right but it's not because Clarkson not being good enough, it's just because it's an extremely difficult thing to get to the frozen four and some of those western teams can really get up and down throughout all 4 lines and that's not something Clarkson can do.
                            Last edited by techtodenver; 01-20-2018, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I'd say Harvard was lucky to escape with a tie with the help of the 4 striped Donato fans skating on the ice. To say nothing else of the game, the fact that a Harvard player was allowed to throw a blatant cross check and then the ref let the play go for a full 3 seconds when there was no way for him possibly to have had sight of the puck on the last goal was an abomination. It couldn't have been clearer that the ref didn't know where the puck was when it was finally knocked out from under Kielly and he was looking the opposite way.

Clarkson didn't play it's strongest game and something clearly appeared to be off in Kielly's game. Teddy had a good game plan and quite frankly exposed a couple of my concerns with the team, mainly the ability of the defense to handle a strong forecheck below the 1st pair of defensemen and their ability to handle teams with speedy players. Those are both things they'll face against the top NCHC teams. I do think that one of the reasons Madsen struggled though is that Donato was throwing the kitchen sink at the Clarkson defense all night and left a good number of grade A chances that Madsen had to stop.
                              Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                              10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                              5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                              21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                              ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                              ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                              12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                              National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                                Jake Kielly got knocked up high against Union and sat against RPI, he was not even close to himself and it was quite clear but obviously you haven't seen much of Clarkson most likely so it's understandable why you were underwhelmed. It was a weird game where neither team could gain clear momentum, if anything Harvard kind of lost control of a game they should've won with Madsen letting up 3 soft goals and gift wrapping Clarkson another because of Baughmann but I don't think that means Clarkson was awful, Harvard was on for most of the game and were extremely dangerous in transition along with have impressive puck possession spells against a team that doesn't allow that very often. I don't think it's easy to tell who is going to make noise come April, who would've thought that Yale team was going to rip through what could've been the toughest road in the tournament when they won it all? Ultimately I think you're going to be right but it's not because Clarkson not being good enough, it's just because it's an extremely difficult thing to get to the frozen four and some of those western teams can really get up and down throughout all 4 lines and that's not something Clarkson can do.
                                I have not seen a lot of Clarkson. But they are a far cry from what Harvard was last year in my opinion. They are a very good team, but I just don't see them having the full package to go toe to toe with the best.

Clarkson has some really great wins - Providence, Penn State....but also have some head-scratchers against Minny and Mass Lowell (Harvard went 0-3 against those teams as well this year). Clarkson did wallop Cornell, but Cornell is vastly overrated (only 1 win against a Top 20 team) and Harvard got completely screwed up at Cornell with a host of phantom calls.

I wish the best for Clarkson and if a goalie stands on his head, anything can happen....but these eyes don't see it, though I hope I am proven wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X