Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Here's to a Bright new Crimson season at Landry, Xcel Center, and everywhere in between!!

Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Harvard #1 preseason in both coaches and media polls. Donato, fox, and madsen are preseason 1st team ECAC projections

USCHO poll has Harvard #4 nationally in the preseason.

A couple of Harvard players on the list: ISS Ranks Top 30 Freshmen

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...0-freshmen.php
    Last edited by Game0n; 09-27-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bothman View Post
    Harvard #1 preseason in both coaches and media polls. Donato, fox, and madsen are preseason 1st team ECAC projections

USCHO poll has Harvard #4 nationally in the preseason.
    Hope they are factoring in Donato and Fox missing time at the beginning of November and the month of February for the Olympics. That won't help us.

Following up from our previous thread and the news about Bode Wilde, this article from the Boston Globe on recruiting wars:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/co...PZN/story.html

I love how the Globe refers to Harvard as "and the other Division One team in Boston." Wow. A Frozen Four team and that's the best they can come up with. Nice to know the ECAC rates with the former Morrissey Blvd denizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Skate79 View Post
    Hope they are factoring in Donato and Fox missing time at the beginning of November and the month of February for the Olympics. That won't help us.
    This article has Donato projected as a top pic for the Olympics. But no mention of Fox:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/usa...enway-brickley

Quote Originally Posted by Game0n View Post
    This article has Donato projected as a top pic for the Olympics. But no mention of Fox:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/usa...enway-brickley
    Over the summer, there was a tournament in Plymouth Michigan that was covered by the NHL Network. In between periods, Tony Granato the US coach was interviewed and asked about both Donato and Fox (Fox played in this tournament in Michigan). He was positive on both having a shot at the Olympic team. That's where I got the reference to Adam as a player under consideration.

Over the summer, there was a tournament in Plymouth Michigan that was covered by the NHL Network. In between periods, Tony Granato the US coach was interviewed and asked about both Donato and Fox (Fox played in this tournament in Michigan). He was positive on both having a shot at the Olympic team. That's where I got the reference to Adam as a player under consideration.
    Yes, I saw that interview at the World Junior Summer Showcase. Like you said, Granato was asked about Fox (who was at the showcase) and said it was a possibility that he could make the Olympic team.

I suspect there are probably some older players like Donato who might have a better shot. We'll see??
    Last edited by Game0n; 09-30-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Game0n View Post
    Yes, I saw that interview at the World Junior Summer Showcase. Like you said, Granato was asked about Fox (who was at the showcase) and said it was a possibility that he could make the Olympic team.

I suspect there are probably some older players like Donato who might have a better shot. We'll see??
    More than likely. And there are AHL players who will be given consideration. Looking at it another way, it might be Adam's only shot to make the Olympics if the NHL continues to prevent its players from participating in the Games. He'll be in the NHL for sure when 2022 rolls around.

A good interview with Jace Foskey (Defenseman who will arrive at Harvard next Fall):

http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=2650688

QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Nice article. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    One small correction to the article. Jake Horton is a forward, not a defenseman. He came in as a frosh listed as a D-man but never played on the backline.

Harvard Hockey Broadcaster '09-'12

FWIW, Sports Illustrated NHL article included a footnote on the US Olympic Team, mentioning Madsen (as well as Oettinger from BU) as a possible goalie for the Olympics.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Alexander Kerfoot returned to town playing for the Avalanche versus the Bruins today. Picked up an assist on Nail Yakapov's goal in the third period and had a glorious chance to score on a two on one just missing high stick side. Good to see him playing the in NHL. Colorado seems to be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by alslammerz View Post
    FWIW, Sports Illustrated NHL article included a footnote on the US Olympic Team, mentioning Madsen (as well as Oettinger from BU) as a possible goalie for the Olympics.
    That's interesting because Madsen wasn't at the Plymouth, Michigan tournament this summer and if he isn't in Germany next month for that international tournament, I'd be surprised if they called his number for the Olympics.

That's interesting because Madsen wasn't at the Plymouth, Michigan tournament this summer and if he isn't in Germany next month for that international tournament, I'd be surprised if they called his number for the Olympics.
    Most people expect USA to go with an experienced goaltender now playing in Europe
    Also if you are on National Junior team can't be picked
    That seems to eliminate Woll and Oettinger

Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    Most people expect USA to go with an experienced goaltender now playing in Europe
    Makes sense given that the European teams will have more experienced players than the US.

Harvard Hockey Broadcaster '09-'12

Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    I agree it will likely be European based goaltenders (although I think if they decide Woll and/or Oettinger are good enough for the Olympics, they should omit them from the WJC roster). But considering the best candidates are likely Ryan Zapolski (KHL), David Leggio (DHL), Jean-Phillipe Lamoureux (Austria), and [sigh] Andy Iles (EIHL) from the European contingent, they made decide they need to go into the collegiate ranks for at least one goalie. I don't even know if anyone would consider either of those last two leagues worthy enough to grab a goalie from.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

It will hurt but the Crim can probably afford to lose Donato and maybe Fox for a few games. Don't get me wrong -- when and if this causes us a few spots in the pairwise I'll be upset, but I think the positives of seeing our guys take center stage in the Olympics could be fair compensation.

Madsen, on the other hand, could really be crushing. I have little confidence in the goalie bench: between injuries, Lackey has had chances and hasn't worked out at all; Gornet needs to have a big development year to be ready; and Lee is hockey's equivalent of a camp arm.

On top of this all, if Madsen goes it will likely be as a backup. Would not enjoy seeing him wear a baseball cap in Korea while we lose 7-4.

Thread Information