Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

I suspect that Madsen (6th rd Flyers) and Sherman (5th rd Bruins) could be signing soon as well

Comment

For those of you that have DirecTV, Comcast or Verizon FiOS, Friday's game against Clarkson will be shown live on Eleven Sports. You can find it grouped among the sports channels starting with ESPN. That way you don't have to stream it on your computer or tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
        Frédéric was signed to an AHL contract. He's 2yrs younger than Donato, so probably a year or two behind him in terms of development. My bet is Donato signs as soon as this season is over. Just a guess
        I'm obviously hoping that isn't the case but it wouldn't surprise me especially given that DeBrusk got hurt last night against Carolina. Depending on the severity of the injury, Sweeney may want to go harder after Ryan to ensure he has a scoring threat on that second line.

No question Sherman and Madsen will sign as soon as the season concludes. I don't think either will see the NHL. Madsen has Alex Lyon in front of him in Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
          For those of you that have DirecTV, Comcast or Verizon FiOS, Friday's game against Clarkson will be shown live on Eleven Sports. You can find it grouped among the sports channels starting with ESPN. That way you don't have to stream it on your computer or tablet.
          It looks like you can also stream Eleven Sports on Twitch... for free...

https://www.twitch.tv/elevensportsprime

Comment

Congrats to Ryan Donato.

Hopefully if he wins the Hobey too he'll p-ss off to the N.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Congrats to Ryan Donato.

Hopefully if he wins the Hobey too he'll p-ss off to the N.
              When he wins the Hobey, not if.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                Never heard of that on Comcast. I have the sports package and will have to check it out. No local simulcast like NBC Sports Boston?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  It is a very easy marketing decision, true.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Never heard of that on Comcast. I have the sports package and will have to check it out. No local simulcast like NBC Sports Boston?
                    I am also not finding anything like "Eleven" on our Xfinity lineup.

Comment

I am wondering if there is any place on USCHO that the Hobey Baker Award situation is discussed? The Hobey Baker Watch blog seems to have had its last entry like 2 years ago.

I was looking at the overall NCAA stats for #16 and others, and our guy certainly has it in goals per game, as I knew. I think one can make a strong case for the difference he has made to this Crimson season so far.

There is a fellow from Princeton (Kuffner) close behind Ryan with an impressive 29 goals in 33 games, and them a guy who must be his line mate (Veronneau) is 2nd in the nation in points per game. And neither of these Tigers is on the Hobey list of 10? How does this happen? Don't they play at the Hobey Baker Memorial Rink? Is that ironic or are the Princeton players ineligible, like family members of lottery employees?
                      Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-15-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I just checked my FiOS subscription and the game is being shown on tape delay at 12:00am. Sorry that I jumped out and said it was on live. It isn't. You can still stream it from the ECAC website I believe.

I got the Comcast listing from the GoCrimson pre-game notes. You have to look at the package of sports channels - I've got the premium version because of the NFL Network and that includes 11Sports.

Comment

We have Comcast in my area, I tried using the search tool on the eleven website and here is your answer.

SORRY, ELEVEN SPORTS IS NOT AVAILABLE ON XFINITY/COMCAST.
                          Please contact them by email, , Facebook, or Twitter encourage them to add ELEVEN SPORTS to your channel line-up

Enter your zipcode at the link below and try to find someone that has the providers they use.

http://elevensportsusa.com/where-to-watch/
                          Last edited by LTsatch; 03-15-2018, 04:51 PM.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            We have Comcast in my area, I tried using the search tool on the eleven website and here is your answer.

SORRY, ELEVEN SPORTS IS NOT AVAILABLE ON XFINITY/COMCAST.
                            Please contact them by email, , Facebook, or Twitter encourage them to add ELEVEN SPORTS to your channel line-up

Enter your zipcode at the link below and try to find someone that has the providers they use.

http://elevensportsusa.com/where-to-watch/
                            Try streaming it on Twitch. It works on my computer and on my phone, and it's free

https://m.twitch.tv/elevensportsprime

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Are any of the Harvard fans on this site agreeing with this?

As a Harvard fan - but a realist, I think - how does the Hobey not go to Adam Gaudette (Northeastern)?? 1st in the nation in goals, points and points per game. Also, leading a team that was ranked #20 before it played its first game this season and is now #7 - something he had a lot to do with. (Harvard was ranked as high as #2 before it played its first game and is now unranked.) Also, given that awarding the Hobey to Vesey was somewhat controversial, I have a hard time thinking they are going to give the Hobey to another Harvard player in the near future who isn't the national scoring leader, or **** close to it (#16 is #22 in scoring, and 5th in PPG).

Comment

Originally posted by crimsoncat View Post
                                Are any of the Harvard fans on this site agreeing with this?

As a Harvard fan - but a realist, I think - how does the Hobey not go to Adam Gaudette (Northeastern)?? 1st in the nation in goals, points and points per game. Also, leading a team that was ranked #20 before it played its first game this season and is now #7 - something he had a lot to do with. (Harvard was ranked as high as #2 before it played its first game and is now unranked.) Also, given that awarding the Hobey to Vesey was somewhat controversial, I have a hard time thinking they are going to give the Hobey to another Harvard player in the near future who isn't the national scoring leader, or **** close to it (#16 is #22 in scoring, and 5th in PPG).
                                I'm a Harvard fan, but might lean a little towards Gaudette. He's the #1 scorer in the NCAA, with 59pts in 36 games. Donato only played 28 games, but had 41pts. Does #16 get points for playing in the Olympics? Both are juniors and 1996 birth years. Then I guess you need to factor in other variables such as the lines they both played on which may have helped one more than another - I don't know?? Probably a close call

Comment

Working...
                                X