Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Closer than score indicates. Multiple posts. Like the lines. Harvard going I be ok. Olson struggles continue. Foley?

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Closer than score indicates. Multiple posts. Like the lines. Harvard going I be ok. Olson struggles continue. Foley?
      According to College Hockey News, there were no posts in the game for either team.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        According to College Hockey News, there were no posts in the game for either team.
        I had Donato hitting 2 posts (1 in 1st period and 1 in the 3rd period)

Comment

That's something that a scorekeeper could easily miss or just not mark down but I don't remember any posts.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            That's something that a scorekeeper could easily miss or just not mark down but I don't remember any posts.
            Does "post" just refer to a shot that hits the rim/post of the goal often with a telltale "bing?" Hard to determine watching on line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Maybe an occasional omission, but not "multiple posts" as suspected. Normally, CHN metrics are very detailed and accurate.

Comment

I agree. Shots/scoring chances were pretty even and I like the response in the 3rd period. I think we've got a decent chance tonight.

BTW, that Minnesota team has 13 NHL draft picks! https://www.collegehockeynews.com/re...r/Minnesota/34
                Last edited by Game0n; 11-18-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Was at the game and didn’t hear any posts or see any.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Close only counts in horseshoes. They still lost and got behind early. They can't play that way because they don't have the skill upfront.

Wiley Sherman and Madsen need to step up their games. And how's this for a radical idea? Move Adam Fox to center between Ryan Donato and Zerter-Gossage. ZG is a passenger, not a creative offensive force. He does his best work from in close but needs someone to get him the puck. Donato is too individualistic but if you have him on the wing, less so. Fox is dynamic offensively and would create chances. Out of box thinking is needed especially since they have a surplus of D men.

Comment

They track that? Huh. That would be very interesting to see.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Harvard was definitely outclassed tonight. Thoughts:

1) This team has so little margin for error given scoring issues. Everyone is gripping their sticks
                        2) Byce & Lloyd need to play better. Underachieving big time (and so is Sherman)
                        3) Where have you gone, John Marino
                        4) Really like Bowlby, Badini, and Walsh - 3 solid frosh to build on
                        5) Madsen was really good. Tough to take the L after playing so well and Sherman standing in no man's land on the GWG, but hopefully is something to build on. Harvard needs him to win/steal games this year

ECAC is very subpar this year and so is the East. Think it's going to be anyone's game come March (Clarkson included). Don't see any team going on a deep run, but time will tell. Lots of hockey left and lots of time to get better

Comment

Harvard was definitely outclassed tonight. Thoughts:

1) This team has so little margin for error given scoring issues. Everyone is gripping their sticks
                          2) Byce & Lloyd need to play better. Underachieving big time (and so is Sherman)
                          3) Where have you gone, John Marino
                          4) Really like Bowlby, Badini, and Walsh - 3 solid frosh to build on
                          5) Madsen was really good. Tough to take the L after playing so well and Sherman standing in no man's land on the GWG, but hopefully is something to build on. Harvard needs him to win/steal games this year

ECAC is very subpar this year and so is the East. Think it's going to be anyone's game come March (Clarkson included). Don't see any team going on a deep run, but time will tell. Lots of hockey left and lots of time to get better
                          No disagreement except I'm not sure about the ECAC overall. Maybe not as strong as in years past but let's wait and see how it plays out. Long way to go before March.

I'm sort of disappointed in the D so far. Thought they would be a little better. Maybe a lot better. Jake Olsen and Sherman in particular. They should be taking their games to the next level. Maybe Sherman deserves to sit a game or two as a message?

Comment

Agree that the D has been disappointing. Wiley watching the puck on the GWG Saturday was painful. On the other hand, Merrick is proving again the he is an elite goaltender. Had that look in his eyes Saturday night.

ECAC isn't great this year; Harvard's 2 non-conference losses this weekend don't help.

I think they'll be okay.
                            I know we’re going to win tonight.

I believe we’re going to win tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheyreVeryWellCoached View Post
                              Agree that the D has been disappointing. Wiley watching the puck on the GWG Saturday was painful. On the other hand, Merrick is proving again the he is an elite goaltender. Had that look in his eyes Saturday night.

ECAC isn't great this year; Harvard's 2 non-conference losses this weekend don't help.

I think they'll be okay.
                              Clarkson has the same result against a Minny earlier in the year (if Clarkson is the so called darling of the ECAC this year)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheyreVeryWellCoached View Post

I think they'll be okay.
                                I think so too. They've lost some very close games that could have easily gone their way with a little puck luck. Lost to Colgate after out shooting them something like 31-19, lost to Cornell in the last second, lost to Minnesota in OT. These games could have easily gone the other way.

Team is playing better than their record, but they still need to take their game up a notch. First they need to bury more pucks - maybe make more plays, develop better chemistry, and the power play needs to be better (don't think we scored a PP goal in Minnesota)... Second, need to make fewer mistakes - limit turnovers (that killed us against Yale).

We have great goal tending, supposed to have one of the best defenses in the NCAA, and we are supposed to have a deadly power play. I think they will do fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X