Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    Hey Guys! Just thought I would chime in here on that so-called "hook' or non-hook as I obviously do NOT have a dog in the race, other than a really good Harvard team being our travel partner. I must have looked at this play 1/2 dozen times and my unbiased conclusion is that it was a good non-call. It seems to me that the Cornell D tried to lift Donato's stick or something as he lifts between Donato's leg getting air. It was a quick lift and back down. Having said that, sometimes that might get called a hook just on the assumption rather than the actual real-time evidence. It is a long reason both Cornell and Harvard will be there in the end along with Clarkson.
    Thanks for interrupting all this whining with reality. I've watched the video many times also and it confirms what I saw sitting at the top of the circle on the side of the rink opposite the cameras. There was no hook, Kaldis lifted Donato's stick and it was a correct no-call. GameOn is hallucinating.

And Badini clearly charged the goaltender, as the Cornell color guy pointed out, saying "he never put the brakes on." Badini had lost the puck yards from the crease so he was just running the goalie.

If Harvard's statue...um, defenseman...who let Malott skate around him to pot Cornell's second goal while Madsen watched had the skill of a Yanni Kaldis maybe Harvard would have won 2-1, as Donato might not have behaved like a juvenile and cost his team the game if Harvard had the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by AlDeFlorio View Post
      Thanks for interrupting all this whining with reality. I've watched the video many times also and it confirms what I saw sitting at the top of the circle on the side of the rink opposite the cameras. There was no hook, Kaldis lifted Donato's stick and it was a correct no-call. GameOn is hallucinating.

And Badini clearly charged the goaltender, as the Cornell color guy pointed out, saying "he never put the brakes on." Badini had lost the puck yards from the crease so he was just running the goalie.

If Harvard's statue...um, defenseman...who let Malott skate around him to pot Cornell's second goal while Madsen watched had the skill of a Yanni Kaldis maybe Harvard would have won 2-1, as Donato might not have behaved like a juvenile and cost his team the game if Harvard had the lead.
      Al - welcome back! 2 years since your last post - we feel honored. And just to call us a bunch of bedwetters. It must feel good to gloat and bring the cheese to match our whine?

And the thanks for the call out on skill level. I will pass the thought to Donato that he needs to recruit for more skill on defense (and other areas?) so he can match the home cooking in Ithaca.

Comment

Originally posted by AlDeFlorio View Post

Ok. These were some close calls, but I made a quick slow motion video edit of the Charging call against Badini, the uncalled Hook on Donato, and the tripping call against Sherman. I personally think that wasn't much of a charge and the goalie definitely embellished... the Donato play looks like he got hooked twice on the left glove... and the trip was really a close call...

I'm pretty much over the disappointment of that loss and am looking forward to Minnesota this weekend. But just in case you want to look at my slow mo edit on YouTube, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxIjUycQelI

Comment

URGENT QUESTION ABOUT VIDEO COVERAGE THIS WEEKEND

Has anybody figured out whether any of the three video networks that you are directed to from the gocrimson.com "Schedule" page to the Gophersports.com "Athletics" will actually work for Verizon subscribers in Massachusetts? The second one (BTN2Go) has a sign-in for Verizon subscribers but the link goes to an error message saying "too many redirects occurred trying to open the page."

If anyone knows how to get the game on video, please let everybody know.

Comment

Originally posted by Watson Rink View Post
            URGENT QUESTION ABOUT VIDEO COVERAGE THIS WEEKEND

Has anybody figured out whether any of the three video networks that you are directed to from the gocrimson.com "Schedule" page to the Gophersports.com "Athletics" will actually work for Verizon subscribers in Massachusetts? The second one (BTN2Go) has a sign-in for Verizon subscribers but the link goes to an error message saying "too many redirects occurred trying to open the page."

If anyone knows how to get the game on video, please let everybody know.
            BTN2GO works for me, but I have Optimum... Initially I had a problem logging in through my provider, but then i did it on a different computer and it worked... I had to download the latest version of Flash too... maybe try a different browser - mine works on Chrome...

Comment

****, here I was thinking that FSN+ was a cable/broadcast entity.

I did find this. Looks promising for radio/audio.
              http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...key-radio.html
              Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 11-16-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

FSN+ is just the overflow channel where the gophers are broadcast when the wolves or wild are playing.

BTN2Go may work if you have BTN on your cable package and the game is broadcast on BTN. Sometimes you have to pay for it separately.

Video broadcasts of gopher games have become a complete mess this year.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Harvard - Minnessota...the game no one will ever forget:

https://theathletic.com/157912/2017/...8-years-later/

Comment

Apparently this link will open the game for EMass Verizon Preferred customers. We will find out soon!
                    https://www.btn2go.com/schedule

Comment

Yes, it works

Comment

Only the online, not on BTN's Big Ten TV channel in Boston; they are running a Nebraska women's volleyball game instead

Comment

scoreless @ 9:48, Gregoire hit a post, Hvd going on the PP

Comment

P=Byce gets a penalty, 4 on 4, Minn scores off the ensuing face-off....Minn now on PP...gosh

Comment

Fox first brilliantly walked in all alone but was tripped resulting in the PP that evaporated on P-B's penalty. Now he set up Badini all alone for a point blank shot right into the goalie's gut.
                              Too frustrating! I'm going to stop posting for now

Comment

• Originally posted by Watson Rink View Post
                                Fox first brilliantly walked in all alone but was tripped resulting in the PP that evaporated on P-B's penalty. Now he set up Badini all alone for a point blank shot right into the goalie's gut.
                                Too frustrating! I'm going to stop posting for now
                                Some shakes goaltending on the Harvard end, the Gophers have had some really nice plays but shouldn’t be scoring 1 out of every 5 shots either

Gotta imagine tomorrow will be a closer affair.

Comment

Working...
                                X