Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Not sure if the New Haven Register has any inside info, but this is what they are publishing this AM:

Team USA’s loss to the Czech Republic in the Olympic hockey quarterfinals Tuesday night means Keith Allain, a U.S. assistant coach, returns to the Yale bench for Friday night’s game with Dartmouth at Ingalls Rink.

It also means Ryan Donato, the breakout star of the Olympics, will be in town when Harvard visits on Saturday night. Donato, a junior for the Crimson, had five goals for the U.S., more than any other player in the Olympic tournament through the U.S. elimination.

There’s been speculation Donato, a Bruins draft pick, could sign an NHL contract immediately to help the Boston in the stretch run. It seems unlikely Donato would abandon teammates and his father, Ted, Harvard’s coach, just a week before the ECAC Hockey playoffs.

Donato has 21 goals in 23 games for Harvard this winter.

Those looking for tickets to Yale-Harvard will need to hit the secondary market. Saturday’s game is sold out. Limited tickets are available for the Friday game.

https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...g-12631629.php

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
      Not sure if the New Haven Register has any inside info, but this is what they are publishing this AM:

Team USA’s loss to the Czech Republic in the Olympic hockey quarterfinals Tuesday night means Keith Allain, a U.S. assistant coach, returns to the Yale bench for Friday night’s game with Dartmouth at Ingalls Rink.

It also means Ryan Donato, the breakout star of the Olympics, will be in town when Harvard visits on Saturday night. Donato, a junior for the Crimson, had five goals for the U.S., more than any other player in the Olympic tournament through the U.S. elimination.

There’s been speculation Donato, a Bruins draft pick, could sign an NHL contract immediately to help the Boston in the stretch run. It seems unlikely Donato would abandon teammates and his father, Ted, Harvard’s coach, just a week before the ECAC Hockey playoffs.

Donato has 21 goals in 23 games for Harvard this winter.

Those looking for tickets to Yale-Harvard will need to hit the secondary market. Saturday’s game is sold out. Limited tickets are available for the Friday game.

https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...g-12631629.php
      Like others from NBC and ESPN, they are all whistling past the graveyard. They are caught up in Ryan's play without knowing anything about how he looks at Harvard, his teammates or anything else. Like most media outlets, it's throw it against the wall and see what sticks. Sad state of affairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
        I agree with you, but I also like to think that its good for the student athlete to stay and finish his degree with his class, regardless of what he plans to do next.

I just watched last night's Slovakia game and I have to say it was so great to see Ted Donato cheering wildly in his tuque. I hope tonight's game goes as well.

The Ticket Office just offered me a chance to buy tickets for the 2nd round ECAC home stand Mar 9-11. Even though we are in the 1-2 day window when tickets are offered to season ticket holders first (prior to general public Thursday), unbelievably the seats of season ticket holders are not protected. What I mean is I could have bought any seat at Bright-Landry, including all those in my our section that I KNOW are held by season ticket holders, and anybody could have bought our usual seats too. Sometimes I think the ticket office just doesn't get it.

And Yale sold out for this Saturday. That's the place to be, I don't think the Brown game will compare.
        The ECAC owns the tickets for playoff games and sets the policies for their sale. Same story at every school - your ticket office has no choice in the matter.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          The ECAC owns the tickets for playoff games and sets the policies for their sale. Same story at every school - your ticket office has no choice in the matter.
          That's only true for the finals in Lake Placid. As a season ticket holder at QU I get 1st/2nd round playoff tickets for any home games as part of my package.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I "think" he's right Mark, I know at Colgate ECAC playoff games are different, all counted very closely and no comps. Maybe Q-Pac does this as special gratitude to season ticket holders. Could we see you in Hamilton opening round of the playoffs ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              I "think" he's right Mark, I know at Colgate ECAC playoff games are different, all counted very closely and no comps. Maybe Q-Pac does this as special gratitude to season ticket holders. Could we see you in Hamilton opening round of the playoffs ?
              Not sure how what QU is doing is "special". They'd be bound to the same constraints as everyone else. Maybe each school does their own thing for the first 2 rounds?

And I'm still hoping someone will be coming to Hamden!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                That's only true for the finals in Lake Placid. As a season ticket holder at QU I get 1st/2nd round playoff tickets for any home games as part of my package.
                Still doesn't refute LynahFan's point. All that means is that QU chose to purchase your seat from the league, and then "re-sold" it to you as part of the package. Hence why some schools have put out information about getting those tickets refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  All that means is that QU chose to purchase your seat from the league, and then "re-sold" it to you as part of the package. Hence why some schools have put out information about getting those tickets refunded.
                  I understand what you're saying but this is the way it's been for the last 11 years. We get 3 tickets per seat good for either round. If we don't get a home series, we're credited towards next years ticket. Just seems odd that the school would be doing what you suggest ahead of time every year.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                    The Ticket Office just offered me a chance to buy tickets for the 2nd round ECAC home stand Mar 9-11. Even though we are in the 1-2 day window when tickets are offered to season ticket holders first (prior to general public Thursday), unbelievably the seats of season ticket holders are not protected. What I mean is I could have bought any seat at Bright-Landry, including all those in my our section that I KNOW are held by season ticket holders, and anybody could have bought our usual seats too. Sometimes I think the ticket office just doesn't get it.
                    The policy used to be that season ticket holders had right of first refusal on their seats for any and all home playoff games. Once you submitted the dates you were attending, you were locked in. If you didn't correspond with the Ticket Office, then a week before the first home playoff game, your tickets were released to the general public. I don't know where this ECAC control comes into play. I always communicated with Harvard about my seats. If the policy has changed (I gave up my seats a few years ago when travel for work got in the way), that's unfortunate because season ticket holders deserve priority.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      I understand what you're saying but this is the way it's been for the last 11 years. We get 3 tickets per seat good for either round. If we don't get a home series, we're credited towards next years ticket. Just seems odd that the school would be doing what you suggest ahead of time every year.
                      They probably have been doing it the entire time, just "behind the scenes".

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        I believe that the first two rounds are governed by the respective schools and the only requirement by the ECAC is that an allotment is set aside for the visiting school. The same way that it works during the regular season, except that season ticket holders at both schools will get first shot for the playoff home or away tickets for a short window before the general public. I base this upon my recent experience as a Yale season ticket holder purchasing first and second round ECAC games both home and away. Maybe Harvards season ticket numbers have dwindled so low that they just opened it up to the GP, but I think the previous info about giving up season ticket holders seats can't be true, there would be a revolt by any season ticket fan base if this were true.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          The policy used to be that season ticket holders had right of first refusal on their seats for any and all home playoff games. Once you submitted the dates you were attending, you were locked in. If you didn't correspond with the Ticket Office, then a week before the first home playoff game, your tickets were released to the general public. I don't know where this ECAC control comes into play. I always communicated with Harvard about my seats. If the policy has changed (I gave up my seats a few years ago when travel for work got in the way), that's unfortunate because season ticket holders deserve priority.
                          Did you complete the ticket process and try to buy seats that you know were season tickets? I think there might be either a glitch at the box office level. There are some well deserving donors that would be mighty ****ed if their 40 year seats just disappear once the playoffs start.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            Did you complete the ticket process and try to buy seats that you know were season tickets? I think there might be either a glitch at the box office level. There are some well deserving donors that would be mighty ****ed if their 40 year seats just disappear once the playoffs start.
                            I didn't have to designate the seats I wanted because the ticket office held my season seats until I said "yes" or "no". The process was pretty simple; respond via email or phone call to let them know I wanted my seats for x number of games and that was it. They usually held them for me at the box office.

Comment

Well last night's game was a microcosm of this season of inconsistency. Power play scores three times but gives up three PP goals (that makes five in the last two games). Our D once again was all over the map and Lackey didn't shine although it wasn't totally his fault. We simply can't seem to put together 60 minutes of hockey and I'm afraid that will be our undoing sooner rather than later. If we play like this against Dartmouth in two weeks, we'll lose because they are on fire at the moment.

Hopefully during the bye week, we can right the ship and get our heads on straight. Yale should be in a terrific mood given they lost to the Green last night. Ugh. Lost weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                                Well last night's game was a microcosm of this season of inconsistency. Power play scores three times but gives up three PP goals (that makes five in the last two games). Our D once again was all over the map and Lackey didn't shine although it wasn't totally his fault. We simply can't seem to put together 60 minutes of hockey and I'm afraid that will be our undoing sooner rather than later. If we play like this against Dartmouth in two weeks, we'll lose because they are on fire at the moment.

Hopefully during the bye week, we can right the ship and get our heads on straight. Yale should be in a terrific mood given they lost to the Green last night. Ugh. Lost weekend.
                                Interesting to see Ryan back a day after flying back from Korea. I can’t imagine he could be ready to play so soon after crossing 12-13 time zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X