Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Go out and make it an All Ivy final! I believe you guys are finally playing your best hockey of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by crimsoncat View Post
      Are any of the Harvard fans on this site agreeing with this?

As a Harvard fan - but a realist, I think - how does the Hobey not go to Adam Gaudette (Northeastern)?? 1st in the nation in goals, points and points per game. Also, leading a team that was ranked #20 before it played its first game this season and is now #7 - something he had a lot to do with. (Harvard was ranked as high as #2 before it played its first game and is now unranked.) Also, given that awarding the Hobey to Vesey was somewhat controversial, I have a hard time thinking they are going to give the Hobey to another Harvard player in the near future who isn't the national scoring leader, or **** close to it (#16 is #22 in scoring, and 5th in PPG).
      Gaudette is a terrific player on one of the best lines in college hockey. Maybe the best. Ryan moved to center this year and his wingers really haven't contributed much at all. He's had to carry that line. It's a hard call. I'd like Ryan to win the Hobey but then that might accelerate his decision to leave early. And that's a selfish reason on my part to deny him the award. Gaudette is a great choice and I would have no problems if he won it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
        Go out and make it an All Ivy final! I believe you guys are finally playing your best hockey of the year!
        Thanks! We'll try our best.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
          For those of you that have DirecTV, Comcast or Verizon FiOS, Friday's game against Clarkson will be shown live on Eleven Sports. You can find it grouped among the sports channels starting with ESPN. That way you don't have to stream it on your computer or tablet.
          The Princeton game is listed on the Eleven Sports schedule today, no Harvard game listed. This is on DirecTV channel 623. Nothing for Harvard listed on either NESN channel either. Hopefully the Twitch stream works. https://m.twitch.tv/elevensportsprime
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by crimsoncat View Post
            Are any of the Harvard fans on this site agreeing with this?
            I do think a strong argument can be made for Ryan, yes. Any Ivy candidate has to judged on a shorter season, of course. Or you could say any Harvard candidate, as I think all of the Ivy winners have worn Crimson. And R. Donato's season was as we know shortened further by the Olympics - which I have to think with his performance especially is just about the best use of time away (in Hobey terms) that I can think of. He leads in goals per game and is way up there in points per game. But as others have mentioned he does not skate on a powerhouse line this year, so his assists/points have suffered a bit. I know from following the Crimson that his offense has made as great a difference to this team as I can imagine a player can. The recent Harvard stars like Vesey, Kerfoot were also always up against forwards from schools with much longer schedules. But it's clear that Gaudette and Kuffner are having very deserving seasons as well. And both Northeastern and Princeton have outperformed as a result.
            Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-16-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              The Princeton game is listed on the Eleven Sports schedule today, no Harvard game listed. This is on DirecTV channel 623. Nothing for Harvard listed on either NESN channel either. Hopefully the Twitch stream works. https://m.twitch.tv/elevensportsprime
              Thanks! I am watching the early game on the feed now, Tigers up 2-1 late in the 2nd!

The late game will also be broadcast by WHRB, if anyone is interested.

Comment

It costs $10 to watch the stream of the game on the ECAC site. I can afford it but will not pay it out of principle. I do get elevensports, they have NBA G-league scheduled, which they are probably have a contract to broadcast. I doubt the ECAC would spend a cent to have it covered. What a cheap league, no live TV coverage for a playoff game, and charging $10 to watch the game streaming. I am calling it a season, good luck to the Crimson.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Please check my post from yesterday. The Harvard game is on tape delay at 12am tonight on FiOS. I can’t speak to the other channels other than NESN+ showing the Hockey East semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                    What a cheap league, no live TV coverage for a playoff game, and charging $10 to watch the game streaming.
                    It is kind of weak, I agree. I searched "College Hockey" on Xfinity and found pretty much all of the conferences finals and semi-finals this weekend, except for ECAC of course. I am now listening in on WHRB, always entertaining.

Addendum - it's on Elevensports online now - looks like they cut away from boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                      It looks like you can also stream Eleven Sports on Twitch... for free...

https://www.twitch.tv/elevensportsprime
                      Thanks, found the game here.

Comment

This is the worst choke by a Harvard team since the NCAA game against Maine when Mazzolini was the coach.

Comment

This is the worst choke by a Harvard team since the NCAA game against Maine when Mazzolini was the coach.
                          For a team that was not not good enough to make the PWR 16 you should be happy they still have a chance to move on. Going to be a fun OT.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            For a team that was not not good enough to make the PWR 16 you should be happy they still have a chance to move on. Going to be a fun OT.
                            As Flounder said, "That's easy for you to say!"

You would be fine with a Yale team blowing a three goal lead in 5 minutes?

I would be the first to admit I'm a very poor loser.

Comment

That OT seemed like a constant Clarkson PP

Comment

As Flounder said, "That's easy for you to say!"

You would be fine with a Yale team blowing a three goal lead in 5 minutes?

I would be the first to admit I'm a very poor loser.
                                They certainly ran out of gas down the stretch. Of course I would not be fine with that loss. I just think it is hard to "choke" to a team that is ranked higher and has had a better season. I hope you guys keep Donato, he is a pleasure to watch. Good luck to the departing players.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X