Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Jerry York really instills a lot of class in these young men.
    as The Pro from Dover would say.............Dope!

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Jerry York really instills a lot of class in these young men.
    Dope!

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    Was anybody there last night and saw the kicking incident at the end that got Woll tossed and suspended for Tuesday?
    Anybody know why he did that or what caused the incident to happen ?
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Anybody know why he did that or what caused the incident to happen ?
    He was "run" a couple/few times so it was definitely a build up to that point. Still, of all the ways to take out your frustration what he did isn't on the list.

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Well, if they're going to play a bunch of 2-1 and 3-1 games, at least they're winning them right now.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Well, if they're going to play a bunch of 2-1 and 3-1 games, at least they're winning them right now.
    yeah, and as difficult as the schedule HAS been, after these two at UVM (never easy) take a look at the next 6 before the break. BU X2, Harvard, NU X2 @UNH

Even though they looked good tonight they still allowed UVM to stay in the game with mistakes in their end that led to 3 UVM goals.

BC badly outshot UVM which is pleasant to see for a change but unable to finish them off when they committed a penalty on an empty net goal.

Instead of 5-3 it ended 4-3 with a 6 on 4 power play for Vermont.

Their best game offensively as far as puck possession and shots on goal but if it had ended in a tie
    it would have seem like a loss.

I thought they outplayed UVM for the most part but ...... those little things can kill you.

If they play the same way tomorrow night, they have a good chance to sweep this weekend.

Driving back tomorrow for the football game.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Disappointing result on the gridiron but happy to see that BC won again in Vermont 5-1 🔥 nice to see players starting to step up on offense because this team needs new heroes each night ⛳️Good to see Ryan Edquist get a W 🍺

Looking forward to next weekend games with 2 more challenges ⛳️

UNH and NU looked improved this season and planning to travel for both road games.

BC is riding a hot streak after a dreadful start but letís see how they do now against better teams🚘

This could be NUís year in Hockey East and letís see if our eagles can match up well against their productive offense.

Last 6 games have seen BC start to improve and gel as a team 🔥

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Disappointing result on the gridiron but happy to see that BC won again in Vermont 5-1 🔥 nice to see players starting to step up on offense because this team needs new heroes each night ⛳️Good to see Ryan Edquist get a W 🍺
    as soon as Brown went down you knew it wasnt going to be easy but they came close, still more optimistic now than i have been in a few years. Brown and Dillon are impressive . Brown will get even better and i'm not sure about Dillon getting better because he's a beast right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    as soon as Brown went down you knew it wasnt going to be easy but they came close, still more optimistic now than i have been in a few years. Brown and Dillon are impressive . Brown will get even better and i'm not sure about Dillon getting better because he's a beast right now.
    I was hoping Wade could do the same like in the Louisville game off the bench. I did not like the play selections at times from Daz but Wade does better on read options or roll outs 🏈lost opportunities on the earlier drive that resulted in a pick and no points🏈same on other drives killed by negative plays

Doggie Out! Afuera!

A real shame that in retrospect the 3 points they gifted them on the blocked punt at the end of the 1st half was the margin of defeat. Of course, those are the type of mistakes you EXPECT will come back to bite you in the end.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

A real shame that in retrospect the 3 points they gifted them on the blocked punt at the end of the 1st half was the margin of defeat. Of course, those are the type of mistakes you EXPECT will come back to bite you in the end.
    I donít like the play on first down with plenty of time about 2 minutes🏈

They should have been in the 2 minute offense mode

Game and clock management often what ****es fans off about this coach 🎃🍿🍺

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

#fireaddazio
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Only 6 more games in the first half🔥5 of 6 are Hockey East games. If they can come out on top, on this stretch I think it will indicate where the team is at 🏒at this stage of the season.

I can see them gaining more confidence and chemistry with such a young team.

Even Harvard is struggling right now along with our rivals down the street on Comm Ave.

If the offense starts to click then I see hope for a post season berth but letís not get ahead of ourselves.

On defense I want to see improvements in our zone and less mistakes that lead to turnovers, penalties and goals for the opposition.
    Last edited by BCeagle; 11-12-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    #fireaddazio
    he had to win out to have any chance of coming back and probably not even if he had . the new AD wants his own guy in there, can't blame him

Holding court

he had to win out to have any chance of coming back and probably not even if he had . the new AD wants his own guy in there, can't blame him
    There is zero chance Addazio gets canned after those 3 straight ACC wins and the contract extension going through 2020 thanks to Brad Bates. There is legitimate hope for the program all of a sudden but obviously you can't avoid the fact that Addazio's lack of coaching chops will lose close games (see Saturday). Offensively there are guys all over the place that show promise for a few seasons. AJ Dillon will legit be a Heisman contender going forward barring injury.

Jarmond's #1 issue is Jim Christian and that is going to have to be fixed immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

there's a good buck in that racket.

plus it's about to be bowling season!!!!! you guys are golden
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

The funny thing about hoops is they have a great backcourt and got a very good transfer from Illinois State. Actually have some talent but who the hell knows if that translates into any wins this year.

Grando player of the week. Kid has been awesome. Unexpected too. When i watch him i see a kid who must have been totally under the radar. Just a reminder the pundits aren't always right.

Thread Information