Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    That's about as big of an early season win you can have...on the road in their home opener. A team that is supposed to be better than you.
    God, that win was so big in so many ways. Love the two league points and the RPI bonus for being on the road.

I absolutely love the freshmen. They play hard. Hutsko in particular is going to be a fan favorite I think.

Recap/highlights/GIFs/all that stuff: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...l-score-4-3-ot
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I hope the team matures quickly but not spot teams early leads like that🔥I was about to give up on the game until they got 2 goals back and then the tying goal made it even better. A lot of things to work out on this team but the season is young ⛳️Shooting on net and grabbing rebounds like Grando did is what they need more of. I want to see more urgency on the power play which has looked awful so far.

Cut down on bad passes or careless give aways. I don't like it when they get too relaxed or nonchalant in their play which lead to mistakes and turnovers .
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I was just looking at your schedule this year and noticed that you don't host Vermont at all this season, despite all the other HE teams coming to Chestnut Hill at least once. Furthermore, the Eagles play at least one game at all the other HE rinks besides their own. Any reason why?
        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
          I was just looking at your schedule this year and noticed that you don't host Vermont at all this season, despite all the other HE teams coming to Chestnut Hill at least once. Furthermore, the Eagles play at least one game at all the other HE rinks besides their own. Any reason why?
          Vmt was here twice last year and BC was there twice in 2015-16. I think that's the way that goes, possibly due to travel.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Does anyone know where T.J. Walsh and Joseph Cassetti are playing this year? Chris Heisenberg's site has Walsh playing for Cedar Rapids and Cassetti playing for Waterloo. But neither are listed on those respective rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
              Does anyone know where T.J. Walsh and Joseph Cassetti are playing this year? Chris Heisenberg's site has Walsh playing for Cedar Rapids and Cassetti playing for Waterloo. But neither are listed on those respective rosters.
              It was posted in the Maine recruit thread awhile back that both have pretty serious injuries.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Does anyone know if Boston College put out a media guide for this year's hockey team? I called the Athletic Department a few times, but got the run around.

Comment

Does anyone know if Boston College put out a media guide for this year's hockey team? I called the Athletic Department a few times, but got the run around.
                  Do they still make those? Thought it was published online these days.

http://bceagles.com/documents/2017/9..._Guide_PDF.pdf

Comment

Hopefully those guys come back and look like Hutsko has after his serious injury.

Comment

Was told by a BC staffer in September they aren't printing them anymore
                      "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Hopefully those guys come back and look like Hutsko has after his serious injury.
                        A Cedar Rapids news article reports that Walsh had shoulder surgery and is out for "a number of months".

Comment

Watched the game Saturday night. Wasn't pretty. SCSU appeared the much faster/much more talented team. They got the 3-0 lead in the first and went into cruise control the rest of the way. To our credit, the Eagles never quit. Fought to the finish.

Couple of tough ones coming up this weekend. Have to tighten it up in the D zone or it's gonna be a long weekend.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                            Was told by a BC staffer in September they aren't printing them anymore
                            sadly bu stopped a while ago too. was told that it was due to the ncaa decreeing to eliminate them as major football program were printing couple thousand page tombs. sucked
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

hey 19......

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Watched the game Saturday night. Wasn't pretty. SCSU appeared the much faster/much more talented team. They got the 3-0 lead in the first and went into cruise control the rest of the way. To our credit, the Eagles never quit. Fought to the finish.

Couple of tough ones coming up this weekend. Have to tighten it up in the D zone or it's gonna be a long weekend.
                                This is not to say BC is a great team, far from it. But for this team, just an absolutely brutal schedule to start the year. St. Cloud could be up there with Denver at the end of the year. A lot of returning talent from last year. They beatdown Minnesota State, a team that swept BU at Agganis. And Minnesota State is supposed to be pretty good. NU swept by QU, UVM swept by Michigan, Lowell not off to a great start and Providence has underwhelmed as well. Very early in the season but that this point we don't even have one team that stacks up with the top teams in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X