Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Caught the end of Jerry's Q & A yesterday. He seems to think Giles and McBain are top contributors next season assuming nothing happens between now and then like Eeli T. not making it here. We sorely need more punch in the lineup and maybe we'll get lucky for a change.

NU is losing 2 top seniors in Stevens and Sikura and a fellow Pike member in a discussion thinks that Gaudette might sign which would really put a blow to their offense next season.

I'm hopeful they can take the quarter final series and hopefully make it to the final at the Garden. Who knows they still might make the NCAA if they can make a short run.

On the trophy I counted BC 14 times and that didn't include this years 1st place plate, so they have taken or tied first place 15 times since 1985 when HE was born.
    I didn't think coaches were permitted to talk about incoming recruits? Maybe that's until they have signed a national letter of intent (which Patrick Giles and Jack McBain must have).

Is there a link to the Q & A?

Comment

Pretty sure you can once they have signed

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        BC hockey twitter account on Friday night posted it was their 16th RS title in Hockey East.
        that's kind of a lot maybe the most unexpected. Get better Eagles !

Comment

Article on incoming BC recruit Marc McLaughlin that might be of interest to some Eagle fans:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1348557
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
            Article on incoming BC recruit Marc McLaughlin that might be of interest to some Eagle fans:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1348557
            Any relation to former BC goaltender Andy McLaughlin?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Any relation to former BC goaltender Andy McLaughlin?
              Not that I know of. Marc is a great kid who will bring a lot of characteristics that BC badly needs. He’s heavy, plays with an edge, can score, and be physical.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I'd just as soon take a Logan Hutsko clone if BC has one in the pipeline but I'm all for your description of this kid as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I'd just as soon take a Logan Hutsko clone if BC has one in the pipeline but I'm all for your description of this kid as well.
                  My gut feeling is players like Hutsko will play even better if McLaughlin, McBain and Giles make a great impact as expected 📌

Some players less and probably less playing time next season
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Looks like BC draws Merrimack at home.

It won't be easy but they should prevail if they play well enough at home.

No games seem ever easy for this team but they're rested and prepared to battle for this round.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

I plotted out the odds of each team to win the league using KRACH: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ity-providence
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Going in just using my eyes, I would have NU as the favorite. Looks like the data supports that. Unless Merrimack beats BC and NU/Providence is the title game, someone will be playing to get in. Whether it's BC, BU or whoever else.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Going in just using my eyes, I would have NU as the favorite. Looks like the data supports that. Unless Merrimack beats BC and NU/Providence is the title game, someone will be playing to get in. Whether it's BC, BU or whoever else.
                          agree with NU being the fave, not a great draw for them though .

Comment

Hide the women and children, those ne'er do wells from North Andover are coming! Actually, the Warriors are far less "Merri-hacky" than they have been in recent seasons. There's no big scary defenseman to leg check your youngsters (Bigos is long gone), and MC averaged less penalty minutes per game than the Eagles (and even less than those "SMT's" from Durham). It's a good thing they keep the penalties down, because their PK is horrific (7th worst in the country).
                            BC has owned Merrimack in the playoffs and especially at BC. While I can hope for an upset, not likely to happen (Grant, great job on that HE Playoffs KRACH).

Oh, and Jerry York should be UNANIMOUS Hockey East coach of the year.
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Not to be ignored, the ladies are on the ice at 1 PM at Conte against the ladies from OSU. A good turnout for BC would be great on Saturday afternoon.

The Frozen Four is on the line. One and out is the rule.

Comment

Harvard gets the nod for NESN above this catholic showdown? Sad! At least throw us on NESN Plus..

Comment

Working...
                                X