X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Agreed. Have to finish the job though.

A sweep would give them a mental boost heading into the playoffs that maybe something beyond is possible (PWR) and see if momentum can build for something pleasantly surprising. I will also add that all of these games are going to be important for next year. The more games they can play and bigger stage they play on, the better.
    Where does this put BC if they win the last game of the season and lose in the Hockey East Tournament Final ? Would that be enough or they have to win the HE Final also ?
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Figure you guys would really be knocking on the door in the PWR if you beat Harvard in the consolation game.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Which is why i thought it was odd that Woll didn't start. And he was coming off a great game against Lowell too. Great achievement winning the league and no shame in losing to St. Cloud/Denver but some of the other non conference games really hurt.

Comment

Congratulations Eagles!!!

Keep it going, every shift!
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            Figure you guys would really be knocking on the door in the PWR if you beat Harvard in the consolation game.
            Would have been 15th now if they had. Instead 18th but very close to 17th. Even a run to the HEA Finals may not get them any better than 14th if all falls right meaning those ahead of them also don't keep winning.

Comment

0-3-2 against teams below them in PWR and all of those games were either home or neutral ice.

Comment

Those are non conference games just to clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Congratulations on the Hockey East regular season title. Feel free to rest the team tomorrow.
                  No way

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  0-7-3 in non conference games will kill you every time. At least they are playing their best hockey at the end of the season, that was missing the past few years.

Comment

I've ripped the D here in the past, but I have to add this...
                    Casey Fitz has his teammates backs.
                    I have been told that his 5:00 major last weekend was while defending a teammate, and I witnessed last night him ripping a Mainiac off a downed Eagle (Hutsko I believe). The Maineuh was pounding our guy who was laid out on the ice. Fitz ended that rather quickly. Hats off to you Casey!

I thought the game last night was very well officiated. Don't recall ever seeing those 2 refs, but they let them play yet they didn't let it get out of hand when it got chippy.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Someone check on zlax

Providence gets shutout by UMass

Woll beats his son, Swayman, three times and ends up with better numbers in league play.

Season high 5 games over .500 now. More time for Mattila to recoup and also Rasanen. He limped off but returned to the game towards the end. Woll is playing his best hockey of the year at the right time.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Season high 5 games over .500 now. More time for Mattila to recoup and also Rasanen. He limped off but returned to the game towards the end. Woll is playing his best hockey of the year at the right time.
                        As is the team, no coincidence. Hard to not look back at some of these OOC games but shouldn’t . I’m very proud of these kids . They worked hard every shift in every game and got a trophy which was totally unexpected. Is this Jerry’s best coaching job yet?

Comment

Gionta, Gerbe and Gaudreau all in the NHL at same time. A stroll through memory lane.

Comment

Caught the end of Jerry's Q & A yesterday. He seems to think Giles and McBain are top contributors next season assuming nothing happens between now and then like Eeli T. not making it here. We sorely need more punch in the lineup and maybe we'll get lucky for a change.

NU is losing 2 top seniors in Stevens and Sikura and a fellow Pike member in a discussion thinks that Gaudette might sign which would really put a blow to their offense next season.

I'm hopeful they can take the quarter final series and hopefully make it to the final at the Garden. Who knows they still might make the NCAA if they can make a short run.

On the trophy I counted BC 14 times and that didn't include this years 1st place plate, so they have taken or tied first place 15 times since 1985 when HE was born.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              Caught the end of Jerry's Q & A yesterday. He seems to think Giles and McBain are top contributors next season assuming nothing happens between now and then like Eeli T. not making it here. We sorely need more punch in the lineup and maybe we'll get lucky for a change.

NU is losing 2 top seniors in Stevens and Sikura and a fellow Pike member in a discussion thinks that Gaudette might sign which would really put a blow to their offense next season.

I'm hopeful they can take the quarter final series and hopefully make it to the final at the Garden. Who knows they still might make the NCAA if they can make a short run.

On the trophy I counted BC 14 times and that didn't include this years 1st place plate, so they have taken or tied first place 15 times since 1985 when HE was born.
                              Is there a link to the press conference with York last night? I saw the one on Friday, but it doesn't look like BC posted the one for last night

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                BC hockey twitter account on Friday night posted it was their 16th RS title in Hockey East.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X