Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Hard to tell what we have in a 1-1 tie🏒Woll looked fine but hopefully we can see more offense than what we saw last night. A work in progress. Lohan did not play. BC could not finish on some good opportunities in the offensive zone. The power play needs work but they look fine on the PK. Tortora got his 1st career goal at BC and hopefully more to come. Looking for more progress next week against Wisconsin.
    still undefeated....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

They played a lot better in the 3rd, had some great chances. Not sure how Quinnipiac will be but don't think they will be a great team. These two teams will probably have similar years.

Comment

Tortora is going to be fun to watch. Reminds me a little of a small frosh forward we had a few years back. Zero to 60 in 2 strides.
        Some real nice chances for us in front of the net. I like the way we crash the net.
        Both goaltenders were exceptional last night.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Tortora is going to be fun to watch. Reminds me a little of a small frosh forward we had a few years back. Zero to 60 in 2 strides.
          Some real nice chances for us in front of the net. I like the way we crash the net.
          Both goaltenders were exceptional last night.
          It's good if we can have such a player like Nathan or Johnny )

We need more shots on net from anyone who has a shot and not over pass in the offensive zone.
          You can't score if you don't shoot.

Having only 5 SOG in the 2nd period is not good in a game where BC scored only 1 goal.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

BC does have to shoot more--but dang, if some of those kids on Friday didn't look young. Not sure some of them even know how to hold a razor yet.
            "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
              BC does have to shoot more--but dang, if some of those kids on Friday didn't look young. Not sure some of them even know how to hold a razor yet.
              we are just getting older

mookie still remembers the time he went to an early game and saw co-eds and thought "too young". then stopped and said "huh, wha?!?!"
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

A better feed on ESPN3 tonight.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Very deceiving scoreline. Give wisconsin credit for being opportunistic but I came away impressed with BCs speed and possession tonight. Much better than against QU but will the goals follow?

Comment

Eagles still need to shoot (and finish) more, but they were also up against an All-America goaltender tonight. We'll see what happens at Providence on Sunday.
                    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                      Eagles still need to shoot (and finish) more, but they were also up against an All-America goaltender tonight. We'll see what happens at Providence on Sunday.
                      They should but also missed a lot of shots on net by missing the net a lot on many shots taken.

Other times, they don't shoot when they're closing in on net and end up with no shot on net by forcing a pass to another player that does not connect.

I saw Kim bear in from the left of the Wisconsin net only to pass into the middle for no shot at all. BC has a tendency to do that.

McPhee's goal was nice. He just let it go without hesitation. I'd like to see more of that quick release from BC players.

Next, I thought Woll did not have his best game. He is 6' 4" and he has a tendency to crouch low too soon leaving him vulnerable on high shots that go beneath the cross bar.
                      I don't expect him to be a Jimmy Howard but some those goals I thought he could have stopped by just being more upright as he towers above the cross bar when he stands. But if he goes into a butterfly too early, shooters can snipe it high under the cross bar.

It's early and I expect this team is a work in progress with no seniors and young players.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Very deceiving scoreline. Give wisconsin credit for being opportunistic but I came away impressed with BCs speed and possession tonight. Much better than against QU but will the goals follow?
                        I agree, I think BC did a really good job of creating opportunities -- much better than they did against QU as you said. Just didn't finish.

Here's recap/GIFs/highlights: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...consin-badgers
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

In all sports, difference makers score goals in tight spots. Think BC may be in for a season of high shot totals without a lot to show for it.

No doubt Jerry will have them playing hard and sound, but worry about scoring.

Comment

Could happen. Hayton is supposed to be good though. If they can generate chances like they did last night, the puck will start going in. Definitely don't have a go to star or line though. I do see what could be 3 solid lines.

Comment

That's about as big of an early season win you can have...on the road in their home opener. A team that is supposed to be better than you.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                That's about as big of an early season win you can have...on the road in their home opener. A team that is supposed to be better than you.
                                Huge win!

Comment

Working...
                                X