Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I know covering puck in the crease is but that's not what happened. If "handling" puck in crease is so be it. But i didn't think that was the rule.
    Rule 67.1 of the rulebook:

A defending player, except the goalkeeper, shall not be permitted to fall on
    the puck, hold the puck or gather the puck into the body or hands when the
    puck is within the goal crease.
    PENALTY—Penalty shot/optional minor; an additional penalty shall not
    be assessed.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Going off the replays that were shown, no chance that is a penalty shot. Now, maybe you were in the replay booth.

Comment

Thank you, you just made my point. What happened tonight did not meet that criteria.

Comment

Thank you, you just made my point. What happened tonight did not meet that criteria.
          Did he touch the puck with his hand? If so that's considered gathering into the hand and is a penalty shot.

Comment

No. The rule says "hold". That is different than simply playing puck with your hand.

Comment

No. The rule says "hold". That is different than simply playing puck with your hand.
              Did you miss the OR GATHER INTO part?

Comment

Nope didn't miss that. Gathering into would mean either holding puck or pulling into your body and covering it. Neither of those things happened here.

Comment

I thought the game was well refereed. There was one icing I questioned and an offsides that was not called late in the game but overall, I thought the penalties were pretty even, there were not any CS calls that I could tell. There was a lot of players thrown out of the face-offs which detracted from play. I didn't see the penalty shot call, but the goalie's body was blocking my view. The ref however was standing 6 ft away with a clear view and he called it without hesitation. Otherwise fun game to watch.
                  I thought J. Mattila was the best player on the ice and I'd be surprised if he isn't signed after the season. He played what seemed every position and was on the ice constantly.
                  Last edited by manurespreader; 01-06-2018, 09:51 AM.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

[QUOTE=manurespreader;6581364]I thought the game was well refereed. There was one icing I questioned and an offsides that was not called late in the game but overall, I thought the penalties were pretty even, there were not any CS calls that I could tell. There was a lot of players thrown out of the face-offs which detracted from play. I didn't see the penalty shot call, but the goalie's body was blocking my view. The ref however was standing 6 ft away with a clear view and he called it without hesitation. Otherwise fun game to watch.
                    I thought Matila was the best player on the ice and I'd be surprised if he isn't signed after the season. He played what seemed every position and was on the ice constantly.[/QUOI
                    Which Mattila impressed you? Julius. #26, the forward? Or Jesper, #8, on defense?

Comment

julius.
                      Last edited by manurespreader; 01-06-2018, 09:56 AM.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I was sitting right behind the ASU net and the defenseman absolutely pulled the puck from the line with his hand. Right call.

Comment

ASU? anyway, what does "pull" mean? If he grabbed the puck with his hand, held it and moved it away from the goal, ok. I just never saw that. If he swatted/batted it away...different story.

Disappointing for BC to only come away with a tie this weekend but such is life in hockey east this year i guess.

Comment

Looks like mainers want to play with you now. Been a long time, but we wish to bring it.

Comment

ASU? anyway, what does "pull" mean? If he grabbed the puck with his hand, held it and moved it away from the goal, ok. I just never saw that. If he swatted/batted it away...different story.

Disappointing for BC to only come away with a tie this weekend but such is life in hockey east this year i guess.
                              Bring teeth because we will.

Comment

Acs is that you?

Comment

Working...
                                X